North Florida Babies

Looking for recs for a low intervention happy OBGYN in Jax

Im due in June 14, and not happy with group of docs I am currently seeing. Can anyone reccommend an OB that isnt completely impatient and ready to cut me open.... And will actually take the time to listen to my questions and provide actual answers to questions and concerns? Thanks!!!!

Re: Looking for recs for a low intervention happy OBGYN in Jax

• @hdchafin I had a great experience with Women's Physicians of Jacksonville.  Dr Baird (no longer delivering) delivered my daughter and was very understanding of of my low intervention wishes.  You have to see all of the docs in the practice during your pregnancy and there were some that I liked more than others....Dr. Austin also told me she was low intervention as well.  

• Thats actually where Im going. I like Dr. Austin. Right now she would be who I would like to see walk into my hospital room when the day comes. As for the others, Wrennick is the most uncompassionate, impatient dr I have ever been subjected to. If you have a different view, or need time to think, you wont get it with her. I havent seen Trugolo yet, so fingers crossed. Rodriquez kept me waiting in the exam room for about 30 minutes, came in and barely spoke to us, then only spent about 45 seconds with me until she was gone. Dr. austin is the only dr so far that has even taken the time/effort to ask if Im feeling ok, or if I have questions. The others slap the doppler on my belly and are out the door. I so wish Dr. Baird still delivered babies, I have heard so many good things about him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh wow, small world!!  I completely agree with your description of Wrennick, I think I only saw her twice and I didn't care for her either time.  Rodriguez was really fast and impersonal but I think she's a really good doc, a friend of mine had her for her delivery and said she was pretty amazing. Have you seen Desmarais yet?  I really liked her and felt extremely comfortable with her.  I haven't seen Trugolo yet...I think he joined the practice when Baird stopped delivering :(  When it got towards the end of the pregnancy when you start going weekly, I kept requesting Baird, Desmarais and Austin :)

When I arrived at the hospital Dr. Austin was there but her on-call shift ended at 8am and Baird took over....I was so, so happy.  I would've been happy with Austin too, but there is something about Baird.  He let me push for almost 3 hours without even mentioning an intervention (he said we may have to use vacuum as we were approaching 3 hours but luckily we didn't). 

Good luck!!! :))

• Oh wow you're right, such a small world! The receptionist at the baptist south office told me desmaris is going out on maternity leave so I probably wont see her until right at the end for me. I am scheduled to see trugolo at my next appointment. I get the feeling that wrennick isnt well liked because she is always the first name to come up when I am scheduling a new appointment. She always seems to have a lot of empty time slots. I always have to tell them to find me someone/anyone else. And they ask, "have you seen her yet?" And I say yea, that why I dont want to see her again. Thanks so much for giving me some hope though, now I can just pray real hard Dr Austin is on call.
  • Dr. Austin delivered my son last December!  She is a great Dr... however I understand your overall concerns with the group.  I also have my reservations with them this second go around, and have contemplated switching.   A few things occurred during my hospital experience that made me scratch my head... but every single doctor in the group came back to see me after delivery and apologized for what happened.  I'm sorry to leave it so vague, but I don't want to scare anyone.  Hope you get Dr. Austin as well, she is wonderful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"