Upstate NY Babies

Help with OBGYN in Rochester, NY area

Looking for some help with finding a new Obgyn. I'm newly pregnant.  My former obgyn was Dr. Diane Cunningham. Very good doctor, very bad bed side manner and decided to change last year when she referred me to the Strong Fertility clinic with not so much as a personal phone call. I've been seeing Dr. Karen Duguid (part of Parkwest Women's Health). She is super nice and definitely has a great bedside manner but I get a bit of that "absent-minded" professor feeling when I see her and that worries me for the overall care. Plus I've heard from some it is good to be with a practice that also has mid-wife services and Parkwest doesn't have that.

The history is this - my husband and I have been through over two years of trying to get pregnant with only one success and that resulted in a miscarriage about a year and a half ago at 8 weeks that was terrible - part of the reason was it was something called a missed miscarriage and I went on a drug that my obgyn (Dr. Duguid) didn't really warn me of how bad it would be and I ended up in the emergency room.....etc...

We are now pregnant again - brand new - and a big deal as this may be our last shot, so one could say I'm being extra super cautious about my care and I'm debating (as hard as it is to switch again) if I should be finding someone I feel 100% confident in. I don't have a ton of friends in the area who can make recommends, so I'm looking to this board and maybe some anonymous recommends. I had looked into Women Gynecology and Childbirth Associates and they seem really good (https://www.wgcaobgyn.com/) but was hoping someone on here may have used them or have some experience. Or could maybe give me more reassurance about Parkwest or has another recommend. I'd prefer a doctor's office that is in Pittsford, Fairport, Brighton, Penfield areas for ease of travel purposes and a doctor associated with either Strong or Highland for delivery. I also prefer offices that have primarily female obgyn's.

Would love any help, advice, tips. Thanks so much!

Lilypie - (urRB)

Re: Help with OBGYN in Rochester, NY area

• I personally didn't but I know several ladies who used women gynecology and childbirth associates and they raved about them. Feel free to PM me and I will give you names.

Congratulations on your new pregnancy. Find a doctor you trust. Private message me and we'll chat more if you'd like. Good luck on your search!

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• The Women's Health Practice through UR located over on Red Creek drive is where I have been going for a few years and I am really happy there. There are very friendly and helpful and get my in really quickly when I need to. And their ultrasound people are right upstairs.
  • Loading the player...
  • I attend URMC Women's Health Clinic on Lattimore Rd. near Strong, and they are awesome! My husband and I tried for 8 yrs to get pregnant using my previous dr at a different facility, and it only took me 1 MONTH to get pregnant using my new dr. at URMC!! Basically everything you need is right there...ultrasounds, labs, social workers if you need them, they are great! I hope you find a place you love soon!
  • I'm a little late here, but I also was with Strong Fertility Center, and since release I decided to use WGCA and I love them.  It's a big practice and so you'll see a lot of providers, but they encourage that so that you'll be familiar with everyone there and then feel comfortable at delivery time with whomever is on call.  They have ultrasound equipment in the office, which is nice, and are very friendly.  I don't look at this board often so feel free to PM with any other questions!
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • I have heard Dr Callon at the same office as Cunningham is really good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I went to strong perinatal- I saw all of the doctors there- Dr. Pressman was my dr, but dr. ozcon delivered me (c-section).  I had a high-risk pregnancy obvs, but I think with your history they would accept you. The whole practice is WONDERFUL.  I even love the front desk girl, Megan. She rocks.  I highly recommend it.  PM me if you have questions.
    DS#1- 5 y/o! Stop growing up little man!<br><br>
    DS#2- 5 months old.  AH! SQUISH!<br>
    imageimage
    TTC #2
    3 M/C. Finally a sticky baby- 9/3/13!
  • I see dr. Mitchell Linder what is part of RGOA (unfortunately I believe dr. Cunningham is also part of that practice :/) I absolutely LOVE Dr. Linder. I also was hesitant to see a male OB, but it hasnt been weird at all. I know there are multiple OB's at RGOA and they have multiple locations, though the Henrietta and pittsford ones are my favorite. Also if you go with this practice, try and schedule U/S first thing in the AM. Then generally will spend wayyyy more time with you and baby.

Www.rgoa.com
  • I'm a former IF patient. I had Dr. Rib at RGOA... I can't say enough about my awful experience with her. Zero personality it concern after coming in after 3 years of IVF. I switched to ParkWest and see Dr. Penmetza. I adore her. I can't say enough...I also love that group. I've seen your doc and know what you mean. Lol. But she is good. Dr Harvey is amazing, he deals with IF patients. Have you seen him yet? You should see him too. Either way, awesome group.
  • Thanks to all here for their tips. I decided to go with WGCA and am very happy. 17 weeks now and doing well. :)

Lilypie - (urRB)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"