1st Trimester

Stories :)) how'd you tell your spouse?

13»

Re: Stories :)) how'd you tell your spouse?

• He knew I'd be taking a test the night before as I hadn't gotten my period yet. I woke up at 5 needing to pee and when I came back into the room he was like "well?" The line was faint though, so he went back to sleep and I stayed up until the local CVS opened. :P
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • alysonmhalysonmh member
    edited March 2014
    I brought home chinese food for dinner. I had ordered fortune cookies online that said "You are going to be a daddy" for my husband and ones that said "You are going to be a big sister!" for my daughter and gave the cookies to them after dinner. They were both very surprised!
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband loves basketball, so I bought little baby Nike shoes and put the positive test in the box! He was floored but thrilled :-)
  • I took a dollar store test in the morning, thought I saw a faint line. Went to Walmart after work and got another test. Came home and found out I was pregnant. So excited since we have been trying for almost a year and didn't know how hard t was going to be with me having Crohn's. I always planned to do this so after I called my BFF and told her the good news (yes I know before my husband, but I was on the phone when she peed on the stick for her first kid, haha) she told me to do what I planned to do, its my only chance to surprise him. I went to the store on my way to a funeral that night and bought a onesie that said "my dad is cooler than your dad." I wrapped it up when I got home and let him open it. As soon as he opened it, he was like "Wait, What?? You're pregnant!!" <3
  • With ds I put a tshirt on our dog that said "big sister" and had her sitting in front of the door when he came home from work. We own a shipping store, so this time I wrote a letter, on a fake letterhead informing him of the date for arrival of his bundle
  • Since this was our first time trying I was hardly expecting it to be positive. Since my breast were unusually sore I decided to run to store and get a pregnancy test. He knew. When I came back and took the test I was so surprised to see that it was positive. I couldn't wait to tell him. I found him in another room of the house, called his name, stood in the doorway and said, "I'm pregnant." Today he said he wished he could have taken a picture of my face because it was priceless and cute. LOL. We hugged for the longest time after I told him.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFruit Ticker image image
  • We had just started TTC.. I mean one try, so neither of us thought it would work. Hubby was away on a business trip, so I texted him a picture of the positive test with no explanation. He called back a minute later very surprised.
    yes, my baby is a zombie.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hubby came home from work and I said ' How would you like to have sex with a pregnant lady tonight?!?!?"

He did a double take, hugged me and then asked to see the test... and the directions just to make sure I read it right.  We had been trying for a few months, so he was crazy excited.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I actually got lucky, and found out I was pregnant on our anniversary :) So I went and got a cute gift box & put the pregnancy test in it for his Anniversary gift :)
    Lovey Dovey
  • MrsAdventureMrsAdventure member
    edited March 2014
    It was early in the morning so the hubs was still asleep, I came in the room, threw up the light switch and nothing happened. So I grabbed the flash light he keeps beside our bed, prodded him with it a few time and shoved the test in one hand and the flash light in the other. He flipped it on and said "why do I need a highlighter?" I love my husband. After a second, he got his mind right and then kept saying 'wow' in the most adorably stunned voice. For my mom, I wrote on a blank card "this card is redeemable for one grand baby, ETA: 11/11/14". I gave it too her just before she left my house and she didn't open it until in the car. But just after she read it, she got a text that said "congrats!" And was so peeved that I told someone else first. When I didn't here from her, I called to see if she even read the card. She asked who I told before her, I said no one and she went thought her text messages to find out (apparently, she was to stunned to check before hand). Turns out it was a text she had sent to someone else, that hadn't made it and was being kicked back to her. She basically sent herself a congrats text, the long way and how perfect a time to get it! After we figured out what happened she was over the moon.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hubby was off from work and sleeping.  I had just gotten out of the shower to see a paint second line.  I ran into the bedroom and said, "I think we might be pregnant!" and jumped into bed with him soaking wet.  Needless to say he never got back to bed. 
  • I replaced my hsubands underwear in his drawer with diapers and placed the postive tests on top!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"