April 2014 Moms

PGAL brain in overdrive, just need to vent.

I hope this doesn't bring up bad memories for anyone. I am sorry if it does, its not my intention, I just need to vent, and hope you may have advice!
Over the last week LO has been a lot quieter. Shes still moving but not as big movements as before - basically back to just twitches, that sort of thing. 

After a few days I discussed it with my MW who reassured me that its normal, I'm 30 weeks now so she has less room to make the big jabs, and to just keep an eye on her over the weekend and I'm sure I would notice her moving more than I do during the week.

Last night I slept much better, but she didn't move at all when I went to the bathroom in the middle of the night (unusual for her) which of course caused me start freaking out again. Shes been moving a lot more this morning - had a cold drink and stuff, and I am just laying and relaxing.

I keep reminding myself of everything my MW said, but my stupid PGAL brain just wont stop worrying! I know I'm freaking out over nothing (its not the first time) but I'm finding it harder to relax and let it go. Has anyone got any suggestions or tips?

thanks guys for listening. 
Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016

Re: PGAL brain in overdrive, just need to vent.

• Big hugs. I found PgAL brain is worst at the beginning before calming down, and then fires right up again at the end. I 'manage' it by having OJ available at home so I can always get a cold sugary kick when things aren't moving.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Loading the player...
  • Your MW is right, the further along you get there won't be as big of jabs and kicks that you are feeling now, you will still feel her kicking and moving, just not as big of movements. She is getting pretty cramped in there at this point! Try not to let yourself stress, as long as you are feeling her move she is doing okay.

Also when I start to get worried about late loss I just have to remember that I am doing everything right, and if it happens there is nothing I can do to prevent it or cause it, so why waste time worring about it? Easier said than done, I know
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My PGaL brain has been in overdrive lately too. I don't have any suggestions, but wanted to give you some ((hugs)) and let you know you are not alone.

BFP #1: EDD 12.28.12 - MC @ 6w3d | BFP #2: EDD 11.15.13 - D&C @ 12w4d
    BFP #3
    Superbaby born 4.5.14 | Just When You Least Expect It...

•  Also when I start to get worried about late loss I just have to remember that I am doing everything right, and if it happens there is nothing I can do to prevent it or cause it, so why waste time worring about it? Easier said than done, I know
    This may be the source of my problem. I am very much a control freak, and like to plan for things as much as I possibly can. But of course you cant plan for anything in pregnancy, you can only do what you do and hope for the best. I was able to let it go for ages, but I think as the end gets nearer (another situation that you can only have limited control over!) I'm starting to get more freaked out.

Thank you everyone for being so understanding, that is a huge help.
  • RubiksElf said:
    My PGaL brain has been in overdrive lately too. I don't have any suggestions, but wanted to give you some ((hugs)) and let you know you are not alone.
    Hugs to you too! Having you guys to vent to makes a huge difference!
    OK tearing up at this, I think the pregnancy hormones have really kicked in today!
  • Hugs mama!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Oh sweetheart. I'm sorry you're worried! I'm not PGAL, but just wanted to say my baby's pulling the same thing, and I'm just shy of 28 weeks. I told DH it's not that I don't want him to come feel the baby anymore, it's just not kicking enough for anyone to feel anything. It's more rolls/movement and not super obvious, and a LOT less frequent. So based on what your MW says I'd say it's normal, as I'm getting it too. Hope you feel your baby move more this weekend!
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • Oh sweetheart. I'm sorry you're worried! I'm not PGAL, but just wanted to say my baby's pulling the same thing, and I'm just shy of 28 weeks. I told DH it's not that I don't want him to come feel the baby anymore, it's just not kicking enough for anyone to feel anything. It's more rolls/movement and not super obvious, and a LOT less frequent. So based on what your MW says I'd say it's normal, as I'm getting it too. Hope you feel your baby move more this weekend!

The more I read into it, the more I realise how nirmal it is! Its annoying they don't put this in the guide books! Its easier when you know whats coming!
  • I'm not PGAL either but i had the same thing happen this week. I freaked out and DH had to calm me down. I think you're right that it's easier to accept if you know it's coming!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not pgal but I've been feeling the exact same way. I feel like I've been struggling to feel LO all week and even at night he won't get busy. I do things like lay on my stomach for a bit just to get him to move even a little to calm my nerves. Everyone's been telling me, "just you wait! Pretty soon his kicks won't be cute anymore and they will hurt!" But....no....heh. They have practically disappeared and I have to work really hard to feel twitches. Doc said it's normal and that it's usually easier to feel baby on weekends when you're not so busy and I have found that to be very true.

Good luck! You're not alone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• porterlove525porterlove525 member
    edited February 2014
    ((((Hugs))))), PgAL brain sucks :(

I too have been feeling less movement, more rolls and pulses only and not during usual times. I have a Doppler though so when I get really anxious I pull that out, listen to LO's HB, drink OJ and lay on my left side and wait for movements. It's hard not to be scared all the time.

BFP #1 11/19/12  EDD: 7/25/13  Natural MC on 12/31/12 at 10w4d

BFP#2 3/1/13   EDD: 11/5/13   Missed MC 4/9/13 at 10w   D&C 4/11/13  
    Baby #2 diagnosed with Trisomy 16. Diagnosed Hetero MTHFR.

BFP#3 8/5/13   EDD: 4/13/14   Team Green Turned Team Blue! Our rainbow baby, Griffin R arrived via c-section (breech since 20w) on 4/11/14. 

.image            

~~Everyone Always Welcome~~

• ((Hugs)) I'm not pgal, but my IF/nicu nurse brain plays similar tricks. Our baby b wasn't moving as much on weds so I called the OB. They ended up sending me to L& D for monitoring to be safe. Things were fine, but its so hard not to be scared.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • I had this same freak out last week. LO has moved so much the entire pregnancy then all of a sudden around 29 weeks it just stopped. I still felt her here and there but no big jabs or kicks just twitches. I decided I was going to bring it up at the dr during my next appointment. By the time my next appointment came the following week she started picking up again it was very sudden. Now she moves constantly. I think she must have gotten into a position that had her cramped up and she eventually wiggled her way out. I'm sure the same thing is happening to you. You have already done all you can by talking to your mw. I hope your LO picks up again soon.
  • mine goes through a few days of little movement and then a day or so of lots of activity. I think it has something to do with the huge growth over the next few months in addition to having less room. 2 suggestions: Move you LO yourself and get a stethoscope. When I get too nervous I wait till after i eat and then gently lift or press to a side of my belly. I can feel him squirm away from the touch. Baby should be big enough to hear heartbeat with a neonatal stethoscope now and there are some that are not too expensive. Might be worth looking into for peace of mind. Just hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ((Hugs)) Do you have a Doppler? I find that helps.
    I find that pgal brain acts up during high milestones and now that we are getting towards the end it is just getting worse. I know sometimes mantras help, someone said a couple to me once that sticks with me.

"I will not panic about things that have not happened" and "this pregnancy is not the last one."

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am lucky enough to work in a hospital where I can access a Doppler and even an US machine if I want, though because I am not actually trained in US I try to stay away from it... Also any of the midwives and nurses are more than happy to help. 

@HNRomance, I like the stethoscope idea, I will look into getting one!

@Serenla I like the mantra, that's really helpful! I will try that.
  • ((HUGE HUGS)). I still have moments where I pull out the doppler, best thing is that it was seems to get him rocking and rolling again. Have you done kick counts? That might be reassuring periodically that although you don't feel big movements there is still a lot going on. Also, never hesitate to call or go in for monitoring, that's what they are there for!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • I wouldn't worry so much; I've had 2 times in this pregnancy where LO had a great decrease in movement, the 2nd time being about a week ago. She was giving just very gentle jabs, or just rolled one or twice, but it got to the point where I didn't feel her for almost an entire day. I had an OB appointment the day before this happened, and the HB and measurement was a-ok, so I tried not to worry so much. Luckily, later that day she started moving a bit more, and from then on she's picked up her usual "let's just never sleep, ever. ok mom?" tactics. If LO has started moving normally again, I wouldn't be concerned, but I would keep an eye on it. If LO had a sudden decrease in movement again within 24 hours, I would definitely see the MW to verify everything's ok.
    Delilah Noel
    4/25/14 12:41am

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"