October 2014 Moms

Grocery Shopping

Yesterday I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I don't really feel like I'm having any cravings, but I found resisting the urge to buy everything in sight difficult. Everything looked so amazingly delicious. I managed to get out of the store with the addition of only waffles, pudding, jelly beans, cinnamon toast crunch, and chips and salsa in addition to what I was originally going for (that sounds like a lot when I type it out like that). I told my DH he may need to babysit me when I go grocery shopping from here on out. Anyone else go to the grocery store and have this same problem? 

Re: Grocery Shopping

• Pudding, yum! I need to go shopping this weekend. I guess I should make sure I'm full first!
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Just the other day I ended up with creamed spinach and Mounds ice cream bars (I dunno when these bad boys debuted on the shelves, but I'm in love!) The spinach was me being good and not grabbing the mac n cheese right next to it... I went in only for eggs, but it's not my fault I had to walk through the entire store to get them!!

• Loading the player...
  • That was me today! Cookies, gummy bears, crackers and dip, just to name a few!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• I seem to have a rough time around the high-fat foods. I'm having a lot of trouble saying no to the cheese case. And I bought six avocados the other day. I'm drawing the line at buying more peanut butter, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • pushgal84 said:

Just the other day I ended up with creamed spinach and Mounds ice cream bars (I dunno when these bad boys debuted on the shelves, but I'm in love!) The spinach was me being good and not grabbing the mac n cheese right next to it... I went in only for eggs, but it's not my fault I had to walk through the entire store to get them!!

I'm not a chocolate fan, but mounds ice cream bars sound SO good right about now!!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My husband and I went down to a little convenient store just to get a few snacks. Well... I ended up coming out with carrot cake, ho ohs, zebra cakes, and a cookies and cream candy bar. I've been craving sweets like CRAZY. I'm glad my husband helped me eat them. :P

<('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^) <('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^) <('.'<) (>'.')> (^'.')> <('.'^)

• LOVE zebra cakes and oatmeal pies (only when frozen). Now I'm hungry...

• I am craving Hummus and pita like it's my job. We have a little Greek place near our grocery and I keep stopping and getting their hummus and pita. Divine! 

• Zebra cakes. That's genius. I may have to run back to the store when DH isn't looking....once I'm done with this bag of jellybeans anyways.
  • EmilynzinkEmilynzink member
    edited February 2014
    I've made my husband go grocery shopping...I don't think I could stop myself from buying peanut butter and Pringles : ) Also craving fried pickles like no ones business!
    \BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have yet to have any cravings, per se. But I hope when I do, they're cravings for things like celery with peanut butter, and salads, and apples... ...who am I kidding? It's going to be Taco Bell, pizza, and movie theater popcorn. Aye.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• I actually had cravings for chicken and broccoli tonight. It's all I could think about at work today. It was the most satisfying healthy dinner I think I've ever had.
  • pushgal84 said:

femail said:

pushgal84 said:

Just the other day I ended up with creamed spinach and Mounds ice cream bars (I dunno when these bad boys debuted on the shelves, but I'm in love!) The spinach was me being good and not grabbing the mac n cheese right next to it... I went in only for eggs, but it's not my fault I had to walk through the entire store to get them!!

I'm not a chocolate fan, but mounds ice cream bars sound SO good right about now!!!!

I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I had one for breakfast yesterday. So ashamed! We should start a pregnant woman shaming board. My sign would say "All I ate for breakfast today was a mounds ice cream bar"

Omg a pregnant shaming post would be hysterical! That's a great idea! We have an awesome froyo place around here and I love to shamelessly load up with anything Carmel and peanut butter!!

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • femail said:
    I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I had one for breakfast yesterday. So ashamed! We should start a pregnant woman shaming board. My sign would say "All I ate for breakfast today was a mounds ice cream bar"
    Omg a pregnant shaming post would be hysterical! That's a great idea! We have an awesome froyo place around here and I love to shamelessly load up with anything Carmel and peanut butter!!
    I agree! I love the idea of a pregnant shaming post!
  • Someone should definitely do it! I have one for the board:
    I ate not one, but three BLT wraps (leftover from the Super Bowl) for breakfast this morning... Nice

TTC since 2010
    MC at 5 weeks in December 2013
    MC at 5 weeks 2 days February 2014

• I went to the store and bought 3 dozen eggs... I didn't bother getting anything else because nothing sounded good.

DH came home and was like, "oh good! You went grocery shopping!" Me - "uhhh... not exactly..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"