Parenting

Sooo...WDPT? Sick kid-related

DS came down with some sort of icky stomach bug. He's running a mild fever (100.3 ish as of like an hour ago), hasnt eaten much at all today (though I managed to get a tiny bit of dry toast and plain pasta into him at dinner time), and has had a few big blowouts as well as 2 minor puke sessions today. Luckily he still took 2 bottles today as well as water from his sippy cup. He ate minimal food, but still picked at some breakfast and lunch.

He just fell asleep.. He normally gets a bedtime bottle around 8. Do I wake him to try to get that bottle into him (mainly to make sure he stays hydrated) or let him sleep?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sooo...WDPT? Sick kid-related

• edited February 2014
    I wouldn't push formula or milk if he has upset tummy ...it's OK for him to go without it, and you can try some sips or small amounts of pedialyte and/or water for hydration

Milk can irritate the tummy... so that's why I caution against it with vomiting.

No meds for the fever, that's low enough I'd leave it and the meds could upset tummy too

If he asks for food or want to try and give him some, stick with the bland stuff like plain toast, bananas, crackers..

Good luck! Stomach bugs are the worse.

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • And yes, let him sleep

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Thanks guys. Hes still on formula, as he was MPI as a newborn and still seems to be sensitive to dairy, so he's not on milk yet.

But ok, I figured it'd probably be best to let him sleep too, and I'll just try to push the fluids if/when he wakes up. I'll have to run out tomorrow and grab some pedialyte. For now we'll just do water.

I feel so bad for him! I know I'm miserable when I have stomach issues...I can only imagine how he feels. :-(
  • So what happens when they need another dose of Tylenol? Wake them up if sleeping? My SIL just asked me and I can't remember what I use to do with the kids I watched when watching overnights. Guess wake since she wants to keep fever down?

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I'm not sure the official answer on that but for me it depends. If the fever is high or the pain will keep them up then wake them. Otherwise let them sleep. (Prescription meds excluded from this answer)

Yeah, thats pretty much how I'm proceeding too. Since he fell asleep on his own, I'll let him sleep and not worry about meds. If he wakes up super uncomfortable, I'll of course try to push fluids and medicate then if necessary.
  • I'd let him sleep too. If he's miserable or overly thirsty, he'll wake up. I hope he feels better and doesn't have a rough night.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • Forgot to say hope he feels better tomorrow!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @beckyp005 thank you! I hope so too!
  • Just offering all of my sorries @MrsT0514, stomach bugs are the worst.

image"

My 4 Angel Babies.....
    MC#1- 12/2008, MC#2- 05/2009, MC#3 07/2009, MC#4 11/2009

Training to become an IBCLC. BF Questions? Just ask!

• @clarypax that love t it serves as a hug. Your poor DD...that sounds awful!! How scary.

And yeah..i probably wont give meds for the fever unless he wakes up and the fever spikes. He's been sleeping since about 6:30pm, so I'm just letting him sleep it off (hopefully). My poor baby!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"