Pregnant after IF
Options

anyone who has become pregnant with IUI with MFI?

I posted this question on the IF forum and someone suggested that I ask the same question in this forum.  Basically I am 37, healthy as far as testing shows thus far except for AMH of 0.7.  My husband, on the other hand, has sperm concentration running from 2-11million with 25% motility. 

We got pregnant once on our own with an early 1st trimester miscarriage.  We have seen 3 fertility docs, all of whom recommend to go straight to IVF.  However, since we got pregnant once without any intervention, I haven't totally given up hope in IUI.

Do any of you have stories of success with IUI and MFI?  I could really use some encouragement at this point.....this has been such a hard road and it's so difficult to know how we should invest our money and time with these decisions.  I struggle with maintaining hope in the face of discouraging stats (both with IVF and IUI) and I would love to hear some stories with happy endings that defy these stats.  Thanks!

Re: anyone who has become pregnant with IUI with MFI?

• Options
    The best advice my DH got from his urologist was to cut out alcohol (not that he drank a lot but we were willing to try anything!). We could not believe how much his numbers improved from our first to second IUI. That 2nd IUI was the charm and now we're about 6.5 weeks along. He initially had count and motility issues. Can't remember specifics but they were low enough that our RE said we definitely needed IUI over TI. Good luck! 

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16
  • Options
    We had MFI (0% morphology) and we went straight to IVF.

I'm actually commenting to say that my RE recommended Proxeed and it really helped improve the quality of the sperm.  I think if you are going the IUI route, a supplement is a good idea. It's $100 a month and you need to allow at least three months for it to kick in.

Good luck in your decision. MFI sucks
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've got a good story for you! Pretty much the same diagnosis on all sides, me slightly low AMH, DH moderate MFI ranging 5-10mil with 20-25% morph. We did 3 IUI's with 50mg clomid and1 round IVF and all resulted in BFN. We had purchased a 1 fresh- 2 frozen cycle IVF but we had none to freeze. During this time, DH stopped wearing boxers, stopped taking baths (for some reason my DH loves baths, go figure!), stopped drinking and took men's fertility vitamin blends.

Doctor said that we could do a free IUI as replacement for one of the frozen cycles. We upped my clomid dosage to 100mg, froze a sample from DH and combined it with a fresh sample for the IUI. I had little to no hope considering this was our 4th IUI, but to my surprise we got our BFP! Thank Gd ever since we saw those 2 lines, it has been smooth sailing! 

So it can happen! Most important thing is to make sure DH is doing everything he can to improve the quality of the sperm, so that hopefully if you can freeze a few good samples and try it that way. Hope this helps you! Best of luck! 
    **TTC since April 2010**
    DH diagnosed with moderate MFI, low everything, me low AMH
    3 IUI's and 1 IVF all BFN's, almost gave up hope
    June 2013- One last IUI for the heck of it... BFP! Complete shock!
    April 2014- Eliana- In Hebrew means The Lord has Answered! Welcome to the world my miracle baby!

September 2016- Surprise BFP without medical assistance! New Baby due June 2017!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"