March 2014 Moms

The Randomest Thread

Re: The Randomest Thread

• Loading the player...
  • twaffle5 said:
    Just thought I'd update you ladies that DH has realized he royally f*cked up and keeps apologizing and now understands why I wanted away from him for the weekend. He wants to make it up to me and take DS and I to the state fair on Thursday instead of picking up overtime at work.
    This is all well and nice, but it wasn't the first time he made such hurtful and stupid comments. Just make sure he addresses it, and not just takes you out so you forget it.
    I agree with this.  There's apologizing...and then there's changing your behaviour so it doesn't keep happening. The second thing is what needs to happen.

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• DH's cousin is currently in labor! They're having their third child, but first baby boy!

I want another baby :(

ETS: But not really.

A lady I know had a friend in labour yesterday. She went for the 4-5 hour drive and got there in time for the baby's birth.

I've always said there was something about August 22. I know 6 people born that day (I went to school with them all)
    ** August baby boom because of the menfolk returning from hunting in the fall. ;)
  • DH's cousin is currently in labor! They're having their third child, but first baby boy!

I want another baby :(

ETS: But not really.

I saw FOUR pregnant women at target today!!! FOUR!, and those were the ones that looked pregnant... Doesn't count any that might have been and just weren't about to waddle B-)
    DH's other cousin had a baby in July, my cousin is due in December, and one of my old coworkers had her baby this past week.

It's madness I tell you!
    Don't drink the water .... I swear I have about 8 friends on FB from HS that are pregnant . They are all having boys .

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • That really sad moment when you realize you don't have enough creamer for your coffee :(

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 

• naranjas said:

tsmith312 said:

That really sad moment when you realize you don't have enough creamer for your coffee :(

This is a tragedy. It can ruin your whole day.
    Right ! I'm going to have a headache all day now due to a wine headache and no caffeine!!

• That really sad moment when you realize you don't have enough creamer for your coffee :(
    Omg!!! It doesn't happen here often, but when it does...I either don't drink coffee...OR...I add a shot of Bailey's. Mmmmmm, Bailey'sssss. :x
    I put a scoop of hot chocolate mix into my coffee this morning. Not a bad substitute for creamer!
  • I just found my first beverage made with coffee that I'll actually drink. And now I want it all the time.

What drink? Inquiring minds and all that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm trying to decide if I'm brave enough to wear a two piece to a pool party next weekend :/
  • Cereal was my entire first trimester diet. Memmmmmmories.....

• FFwifey said:

Speaking of bikinis- do you think a bikini is inappropriate for baby swimming lessons? I don't own a one piece but thinking maybe I need to buy one?
    Eta: definitely go for the two piece @twinlove314‌!

Why wouldn't it be? I'm going and all I have is two pieces. Lol XL top and med bottoms hahaha
  • @Kacie‌ I tried on most of my bikinis today, and only one had enough room in the top for my milk makers
  • @ffwifey totally rock the two piece! All I wear is bikinis as well, because I have thunder thighs, and a one piece is like a big arrow pointing to them.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kewii said:

DS has started pulling on my shirt when he's hungry and wants to nurse. I was just told it's time to stop nursing so he doesn't pull on my shirt.

Is this how babies are supposed to tell you they're hungry?  Mine just leans over and tries to suck on my face.

Depending on how we are sitting he will grab my shirt or suck my shoulder or face.

If I'm just in a bra he will try aiming for it.
  • Holy cramps. First AF was not this cruel to me :(

• I've worn bikinis this summer. And you guys just reminded me that Isla can start swim lessons in one month. I'm so excited! It's perfect timing because it will start to get cold here now.

imageimage

• @jt7dreamz J won't take a bottle if I'm around. He does just fine for MH as long as I'm out of the room and at daycare. I take it as a compliment.
  • twinlove314twinlove314 member
    edited August 2014
    Didn't beatlejuice always post motn?

Eta-sorry someone did such a childish thing @babycaps‌
  • I'm soooooo behind but I'll catch up as soon as I can!

In the meantime, Robert has been awake since 3:45am and today is my first day back to work. Ugh :(

This new sleeping habit (waking up at 3am) is getting rough... I've tried nursing him to sleep and usually it 1) doesn't make him sleep and 2) he will spit up multiple times after nursing, like an insane amount...

So stressed.... :(
  • I just saw an ice bucket challenge complete with directing, starring and dumping credits. Lol.
  • @WisconsinCheese12‌ ygpm (not sure if you saw I wrote you back :-/ )
  • Im so sorry @bennieangel. That sounds awful and exhausting. And I know with no sleep, it feels even worse. I remember even with the swaddle transition, I'd try it one week with disaster results and try it again a week later with better results. So even though one thing didn't work once or stopped working for awhile, keep trying at different intervals. And I'm not just talking about Ferber or CIO. I assume you've tried white noise or lullaby music? A lovey? Different sleep clothes? Different room temps? Different room altogether? Im just grasping at any straws in case there is something you haven't thought to try or haven't tried in awhile because I'm sad for you. Hugs.

• Im sorry rad&co. I hope its a transient thing and nothing serious! I bet he's moving the extra snuggles!

• @bennieangel you're not alone.  We're still really struggling with sleep.  CIO won't work here either, but I'm almost at the point I wish it would.  I get 2 hours if we cosleep and less if we don't.

It's super hard.  Lots of hugs

imageLilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• @Bennieangel, I'm sorry ! No sleep is super tough ! That's was my a few weeks ago I was so Tired I could of just cried !

@Rad&Co I hope its nothing major ! FX for you guys and your pup !

Happy Monday everyone else :)

• @rad&co hope your pup is ok.

@bennieangel‌ I hope you guys can find something that works. :-/

• Could you get a Merlin, not take the tags off and just do a trial period of a few mins to see if he tries to roll? Our daughter rolls no problem but when she sleeps she stays on her back and doesn't attempt in the sleep suit. Any other time she's on her back she will try rolling (on the changing table, in the crib after we take her out of the sleep suit, on the floor, the couch.. You name it). I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

• Does anyone do avocado and egg for breakfast? How do you prepare it? Thoughts on taste? I need to start eating healthier.

I just had eggs with pesto on them the other day. Yummy.

• My boys are in 3s @WisconsinCheese12‌ . The 2s were getting to be snug on their thighs and too short up front
  • Anyone in 3's? We have probably about a week left of 2's and I have noticed they just started looking snug on her legs. I feel like my niece was in 3's til she was almost 2.

@WisconsinCheese12‌ ygpm (not sure if you saw I wrote you back :-/ )

I hadn't seen that going to check now
    We've been in 3s for a couple weeks now.
    Us too.
    We use Pampers and I normally use Baby Dry, but had bought a case of Swaddlers. We were using 2's in BD and I had previously noticed the Snugglers fit a little bigger and had a bit more stretch. So we finished the BD 2's, then used the Snugglers 2's, now into BD 3's.
    I'm not sure if I'll buy a case of Snugglers 3's as transition when the time comes, but I suspect that is many months away.

The 2's were really cutting into his legs and even his belly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"