September 2014 Moms
Options

No fetal pole.

Today I had my first ultrasound I am supposed to be six weeks and two days, unfortunately there was no fetal pole or no fetal heartbeat just a just gestational sack and yolk sac. Has this happened to anybody before and had great outcomes.

Re: No fetal pole.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Im sorry you're dealing with this, what did the dr say?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yes.  It happened to me with my DD.  

I saw exactly what you saw and no fetal pole or heartbeat.  The doctor basically told me to go home and be prepared for the worst.  He was so convinced that he didn't even draw blood.

I found a new doc, went for an u/s a week later, and my baby is now 5 months old.  Hang in there.  I hope this gives you some hope, because I promise I know exactly how you feel right now.  When are you going back?  Did they draw blood?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Are you sure of your ovulation date? If not, you could be much earlier than you think. Good luck, I'll be thinking of you!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 | DD born July 2012
    BFP #2 | EDD 04.18.14 | D&C 10.01.13 @ 11w3d
    BFP #3 | EDD 09.15.14
  • Options
    I went for my first u/s & I was measuring about a week behind where I thought I should have been. Only a sac & yolk sac were clearly visible, there was a possible but very tiny pole. I went back this Monday(10 days later) & everything was right on track for 6w3d. So my dates were just off, even though we were pretty confident on my ovulation date. 

Is it possible that you ovulated &/or implanted late? What did your doctor say?

Me: IR-PCOS, elevated DHEAs, low progesterone, weak ovulation  DH: low volume, low T
    SHG 5/10/13: both tubes blocked; HSG 6/28 = Left tube cleared! Right blocked.
    BFP#1 7/20/13 EDD 3/30/14, m/c 8/19/13, D&E 8/21/13, Chromosomal results = normal, female
    Lap & hysteroscopy scheduled for 10/31, right tube cleared, no endo found! ...Happy Halloween!
    Cycle 14: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP! EDD 9/16/14~ Rowan Elizabeth born sleeping at 17w4d on 4/12/14 due to IC.
    ~There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world~
    New RE June 2014. RPL b/w - negative. SIS looking for uterine/cervical abnormalities & Asherman's 6/10/14 - ALL CLEAR!  
    Cycle 16: Natural IUI = CP, Cycle 17: Femara (2.5) + IUI = BFN, Cycle 18 Femara (5) + IUI = BFFN, Cycle 19: Break
    Cycle 20: Clomid (50)+ IUI = BFP EDD 6/20, transvaginal cerclage 12/19, Carson Quinn born sleeping at 16w3d on 1/6/15 due to IC
    Phone consult with Dr. Haney (Univ of Chicago) for transabdominal cercalge scheduled for 2/9/15.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
    image image imageimage 
  • Options
    Very possible you are just earlier than you anticipated - something similar has happened to me. Especially if you thought you were supposed to be just over six weeks. If I am correct, if you are any earlier than that it is really hard to see anything! I will keep my fingers crossed for you and sending hugs and good thoughts your way! I know limbo SUCKS.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Options
    fingers crossed you're just early (ovulated later than you normally do) either way sending you thoughts and prayers.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    It happened with me this time around. I was spotting too but a week later showed a fetal pole and a heartbeat. I ovulated late.
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear this, but try to hold on to some home.  Praying for progress with your baby at the next ultrasound.
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me. I just ovulated late. I went in for a follow up u/s yesterday and saw the baby had grown and had a great hb.

• Options
    Same happened to me on Monday. I have another u/s next tue abd in limbo... Am I pregnant or not? I feel your pain- so hard to be in limbo and wait for next u/s
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies, you gave me a lot of hope. I had my hCG drawn today and it was 9786 I'm going to get it done again on Friday. I also go back for another ultrasound next week. My doctor was very optimistic she said that my dates could just be off. I'm not really sure when I ovulated. I just have to wait. But on a more positive note I'm having all the symptoms of pregnancy. Thanks for the prayers!
  • Options
    Same boat.... Should have been 5 weeks 6 days Monday.... All that could be seen was a gestational sac... no yolk sac... no fetal pole etc.... After looking at my chart there is a chance I was only 5 weeks 3 days but the doctor left me with very little hope. I had my blood drawn and it came back 3498 and I had it drawn again today but won't have the results until Friday. I go back for another US Tuesday night (2/3) at 7:30 and quite frankly it can't come fast enough...
  • Options
    I went in today at 5w4d and we only saw the gestational sac only but my ob seemed to be happy with what she was seeing, and didn't express any concern. I have a follow up visit in 3 weeks.
    If your OB has a very sensitive ultrasound machine, then maybe there is cause for concern. But if it's an in office it might not be as sensitive enough to see the fetal pole or hb yet.
    Regardless, I totally understand your worries and I hope your follow up visit will be good news!
  • Options
    FX the dates are just off a little! When do you go for a recheck?

• Options
    I can't speak from experience on this, but I'll be thinking of you for sure. Good luck!

imageimage

• Options
    Well my second beta came back awful.... went form 3498 to only 3999.... the nurse said I will lose this pregnancy and there is nothing that I can do..... hoping for better results for you
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear that, @JerseyHopeful. Take care.

• Options
    Well my second beta came back awful.... went form 3498 to only 3999.... the nurse said I will lose this pregnancy and there is nothing that I can do..... hoping for better results for you
    very sorry to hear this.  you are in prayers. 
  • Options
    Thanks... I feel so confused. I get another draw tomorrow morning and I go in for a U/S Tuesday night. The nurse said that was just to "make sure my betas start falling and your body is taking care of the loss".
  • Options
    Oh man. I'm sorry for this crappy news. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a miracle, and will be thinking of you.

imageimage

• Options
    I got my hcg results back and they are going up :). I get them redrawn on Monday and ultrasound Wednesday. I have my fingers crossed and I'm praying.
  • Options
    BarretapBarretap member
    edited February 2014
    Pregnancy is such a roller coaster!
  • Options

Thanks... I feel so confused. I get another draw tomorrow morning and I go in for a U/S Tuesday night. The nurse said that was just to "make sure my betas start falling and your body is taking care of the loss".

I'm so sorry to hear this! I will keep you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @Barretap - I just checked in.  So happy to hear your news.  
  • Options
    This happened with my DS. Went back a week later and there was the heart beat. Hang in there
  • Options
    The 6th week so much is changing from day to day as to what can be seen on an u/s. I knew when I ovulated with my DD (I haven't read the comments to see if you know without a doubt when you ovulated, if you temped), and my OB's office had me come in at 6.5 weeks LMP anyway, even though I ovulated a week late. So there was only a GS and maybe the beginning of a YS on the u/s. Luckily I didn't let it get me down because I knew. It is quite common in the 6th week to see anything from a gestational sac all the way to sometimes a heartbeat. Hopefully there is a lot of growth at the next one.

Married August 9, 2008
    TTC Since September 2009

1st   BFP | EDD 10/23/10 | Natural M/C 03/27/10 | 10w 0d
    2nd BFP 06/26/10 | EDD 02/25/11 | Natural  M/C 07/17/10 | 8w 1d
    3rd  BFP 12/17/10 | EDD 08/24/11 | Natural M/C 12/31/10 | 7w 4d
    4th  BFP 06/22/11 | EDD 02/25/12 | M/C D&C on 07/27/11 | 9w4d
    5th  BFP 09/17/11 | DD Paige Lily born 05/16/12
    6th  BFP 08/11/12 | EDD 04/11/13 | CP
    7th  BFP 09/29/13 | EDD 06/04/14 | Natural M/C 10/27/13 | 8w1d
    8th  BFP 12/16/13 | EDD 09/01/14

DX: Pericentric Inversion of Chromosome 8 & compound heterozygous for MTHFR mutations
    RX: Lovenox/Heparin & Folgard

• Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• Options
    My hcg was 24,000 today! I just want Wednesday to get here so I can get my ultrasound.
  • Options
    Yay! FX everything will go well for your u/s :)
  • Options
    Anyone hear from jerseyhopeful?
    36 Cycle #14 First BFP ever 1/19/2014
  • Options
    Barretap said:
    Today is amazing! I heard the heartbeat and saw the baby!
    Congrats! I'm so happy to see this!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I went in for my first ultrasound when I was barely 6 weeks. I had a sac and little flickers of a tadpole. My Dr was not worried that he didn't see anything. He said it is a very good sack, thick walls, good uterus. Scheduled me for 2 weeks later (tomorrow) so I will let you know what we see :) keeping you in my thoughts and sending positive vibes!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"