February 2012 Moms
Options

2nd birthday presents

What are you guys getting for your LO for his/her second birthday?  I am pulling a blank on ideas and the grandparents/aunts/uncles are asking for suggestions.  Being so close to Christmas seems to make it a bit more challenging.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 2nd birthday presents

• Options
    We got Addy the Little People zoo and lots of extra animals. She loves it! We got her a kitchen for Christmas and she loves that too!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1: 5/24/11, DD#1 Born 1/16/12
    BFP #2: 7/24/13, MC: 8/28/13 @8weeks, 3days

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Nat got a balance bike for her birthday (although we gave it to her early). So far she enjoys it but its hard for her to use because its a little big for her. Other ideas I had for birthday gifts--a set of play hats because she is obsessed with hats, little people princesses for her castle, and bath toys.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We saved some of his gifts that we had planned to use at Christmas because he just had so many-so he will get art supplies and an easel. He also got a balance bike!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We are also getting DS a balance bike. I suggested to parents legos, tool sets and doctor sets. He really doesn't a thing :)

• Options
    Can someone explain the balance bike to me?  I've seen it, and I know what it is, but it just seems impossible to think that a 2 year old can actually ride it.  Has anyone had experience if it actually works?  It looks like such a great toy, and I'm just trying to figure out if it's something we should get.  TIA! 
  • Options
    @Sept07b2b--The idea is that they start walking with the bike to practice balance and then as they get better, faster, and more confident they lift their feet up and "glide" across the ground. It's supposed to teach balance before pedals; the opposite idea of training wheels which teachers pedals before balance.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Landon understands how to use his bike and can really walk with it. I think it will take us practicing this summer until he understands how to balance and use it. The bike itself is still big for him, so I think that is part of the issue. Look up some youtube videos of 2 year old's on balance bikes. It is really rather impressive what toddlers can do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    We are horrible. We aren't getting him anything : ( He has so many toys right now and we are going to be moving soon. However my family and friends are going in on this wagon and I'm totally excited! We were going to get him one last year but my sister convinced me to just borrow hers. But this year I said we wanted our own cause sometimes they needed theirs. https://www.radioflyer.com/ultimate-comfort-wagon.html
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    We bought Timothy a Strider Balance Bike w/helmet.  He tried one and loved it.  
  • Options
    We have random toys she hasn't seen yet around the house we'll give her. Like a wooden helicopter from etsy and maybe a tricycle. You can remove pedals, lower seat, and then it's like a balance bike that grows with the kid.
  • Options
    I got DD the Little People princess castle & princesses that go with it. She's also getting some Bubble Guppies books and some movies. My husband wants to get her a Big Joe Bean Bag Chair. One of our nephews hast one that she loves.
  • Options
    DD is getting a 3-in-1 tricycle, a dressable Minnie Mouse, and a set of Mega Blocks. Maybe some new books when we meet MIL at the bookstore tomorrow.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Like @ALane1128 - we aren't getting Allison anything.  But we are taking her to Monkey Joe's on her birthday.  I want to get her a trampoline but DH vetoed that pretty quickly
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    My mom is the only one who has purchased a gift so far. She got Logan a book that recorded her voice reading it to him. I have no idea what I'm going to get him. Total loss right now. DH wants to get him one if those big cars to drive around. I said no to that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"