Pennsylvania Babies

GTKY- So who hangs out here nowadays??

I got married in 2007 and used to frequent the Knot/Nest/Bump while planning my wedding and for a few years afterwards. The Central PA boards were fairly active at the time with a really nice group of ladies. I disappeared for awhile and I guess everyone else did too. I got pregnant last year and started visiting the boards again and I was surprised by how quiet things were! I see a bunch of intros in the past couple months and I was thinking how nice it would be if things picked back up again. I thought perhaps a GTKY might help. Couldn't hurt, right? 

1) Where do you live?
2) How long have you been with your spouse/significant other/baby daddy/whatever?
3) If you have kids- how many/how old?
4) If you're pregnant- Congrats! When are you due? Do you know if it's a boy or girl? How are you feeling?
5) If you're ttc- Good luck! Have you been trying for long (if you want to talk about it)?
6) Do you have any pets?
7) Anything else you want us to know about you?
8) Anything else you want to know about us?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY- So who hangs out here nowadays??

• 1) I live in Reading. I know I'm farther east than most of the people who frequent this board, but I'm too far west for the Philly board, so this is the best fit. 
    2) Like I said, we got married in 2007 (August 18th). We've been together since 2003.
    3) I have one daughter, born this past October.
    4) Nope, nope, nope! I certainly hope I'm not KU again this soon.
    5) See above. Maybe in another year or so. I'm waiting for this one to get mobile before I decide if/when we'll try for another.
    6) I have ALL the pets. Not really, but we've got two dogs, two cats, and a tortoise. It seems like a lot when I'm looking at the hair balls all over my floors.
    7) The only thing I can think of that I'd like people to know is that I'm not really sure why I posted this. My maternity leave just ended a couple weeks ago so I have minimal bumping time these days. I really hope I remember to come back and check for responses!
    8) I can't think of anything else at the moment. If I could, I would have included it 
    ;)
  • Fun!

1) Live in Lancaster - been here almost 11yrs. Jersey born & raised.
    2) Together 10yrs, will be married 6yrs in February.  
    3) One daughter - born May 2011.
    4) One on the way - due May 2014.  Keeping it a surprise.  Feeling as good as I can while chasing a toddler around.
    5)
    6) I have 3 cats, a Senegal Parrot, a parakeet and a 20gal saltwater aquarium.
    7) I work part-time in event rentals, as well as part-time as a Tastefully Simple consultant.  Party during the day, party at night, what can I say!  Both are a lot of fun and can easily say I love what I do.  

• Loading the player...
  • @flamooglenoggin I think I remember you from back in the day! Yours is not a name that's easy to forget ;)
  • Hi everyone, this is my first post on this board.

1. I live in Lancaster.
    2. I have been with my H for 10 yrs total, married for 4.
    3. We have a 4 week old daughter.
    4. Not pregnant again!
    5. Won't be trying for at least a year.
    6. We have a 9 y/o dachshund, we adopted her and she is adjusting well to our human baby.
    7. Nothing special.
    8. I can't think of anything right now.
  • @lee81 that's funny!

Truth be told, I never really got actively involved in theknot boards -- my day job had me working in the local wedding scene, and I never wanted anyone to think I was spamming the boards by offering opinions/recommendations/etc.  My feelings are too easily hurt by strangers.  Boo.    
  • @flamooglenoggin lol! We'll I'll try not to hurt your feelings :)
  • 1) Where do you live? State College area
    2) How long have you been with your spouse/significant other/baby daddy/whatever? Been together for 5 years, married for 7 months
    3) If you have kids- how many/how old? None yet!
    4) If you're pregnant- Congrats! When are you due? Do you know if it's a boy or girl? How are you feeling? Not yet!
    5) If you're ttc- Good luck! Have you been trying for long (if you want to talk about it)? Another not yet!  Hopefully this spring.  Bellied up to the bump boards in the meanwhile to calm (feed?) by baby brain and start getting educated. 
    6) Do you have any pets? One awesome dog.  Hence the profile pic. 
    7) Anything else you want us to know about you? Not that I can think of.  Nice to meet you all!
    8) Anything else you want to know about us? This list is a great start.  :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • All these Lancaster ladies!

1) Where do you live?
    South of Carlisle
    2) How long have you been with your spouse/significant other/baby daddy/whatever?
    Almost 8 years
    3) If you have kids- how many/how old?
    2 kids - Charlie (3) and Ginny (10 mo)
    6) Do you have any pets?
    A dopey dog and a sassy ass cat.
    7) Anything else you want us to know about you?
    I don't know, what do you wanna know?! :)

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• 1) Where do you live? moving right outside Hershey in a few short weeks! 2) How long have you been with your spouse/significant other/baby daddy/whatever? married 6.5 years3) If you have kids- how many/how old? two boys - Mason 2.5, Liam 3 months 4) If you're pregnant- Congrats! When are you due? Do you know if it's a boy or girl? How are you feeling? No no no! 5) If you're ttc- Good luck! Have you been trying for long (if you want to talk about it)? Not ready again just yet - deciding if we are 2 and done or want one more!6) Do you have any pets? a crazy little boston/chihauhau mix 7) Anything else you want us to know about you? 8) Anything else you want to know about us? I would love this board to be more active! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1) Live in Millersville, Lancaster County.
    2) Ryan and I have been together for 11 years, married 5.
    3) No kids yet.
    4) Got our BFP last week at 4 weeks exactly. Due 11/5/2014. Too soon to know, but I think it will be a girl. Other than having no appetite, and feeling like I need to fall asleep at any second, but not being able to actually sleep ever, I feel fine. I'm 5 weeks today, and if I hadn't taken 6 tests in the last week, I don't think I'd believe I am pregnant.
    5) We were TTC since July.
    6) We have two cats - Mister Meowgi (10) and Bok-Bok (4).
    7) I'm 32, soon to be 33, a nerd, a dessert chef and a foodie, a goofball, and a loner. I don't like snarky mean people. They need therapy. And a hug or something.

• Lee81Lee81 member
    1) Live in Millersville, Lancaster County.
    2) Ryan and I have been together for 11 years, married 5.
    3) No kids yet.
    4) Got our BFP last week at 4 weeks exactly. Due 11/5/2014. Too soon to know, but I think it will be a girl. Other than having no appetite, and feeling like I need to fall asleep at any second, but not being able to actually sleep ever, I feel fine. I'm 5 weeks today, and if I hadn't taken 6 tests in the last week, I don't think I'd believe I am pregnant.
    5) We were TTC since July.
    6) We have two cats - Mister Meowgi (10) and Bok-Bok (4).
    7) I'm 32, soon to be 33, a nerd, a dessert chef and a foodie, a goofball, and a loner. I don't like snarky mean people. They need therapy. And a hug or something.

Congrats on your BFP!!
  • 1) Where do you live? - Harrisburg area, in Susquehanna Twp
    2) How long have you been with your spouse/significant other/baby daddy/whatever? - We've been together 3 years this month, we'll be married 1 year in June
    3) If you have kids- how many/how old? - 1st kid on the way!
    4) If you're pregnant- Congrats! When are you due? Do you know if it's a boy or girl? How are you feeling? - First baby is due November 2nd, we don't know the sex yet.  I was a little queasy in the beginning but I'm feeling good now.  Doing prenatal yoga and still teaching and going to Zumba classes.
    5) If you're ttc- Good luck! Have you been trying for long (if you want to talk about it)? - Successfully conceived a few months after going off birth control.  
    6) Do you have any pets? - 1 cat, Amoonda.  

7) Anything else you want us to know about you?  -As mentioned I teach Zumba Fitness, and DH and I also have season passes for the PA Renaissance Faire, so we'll be there a lot starting in August.
    8) Anything else you want to know about us? Any other Faire people? 
    CafeMom Tickers

N14 January Siggy Challenge - What Sucks About Work

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"