International Bumpies

Best disposable diapers (including over-nigth) in Germany and/or Austria

Hi, i'll be traveling to Germany and Austria in 2 weeks with my 8-month old daughter. I'm wondering what the best disposable diapers are in these countries. We'll be there for 8 days and i'm planning to bring enough diapers to last us for the plane ride, but then purchase the rest there. we are in the US and i cloth diaper here. i've used the US Pampers and find they have a chemical smell to them once she pees, so i'm hoping to find something better to use while we are there. what brands do you recommend for day, as well as for overnight (she's a moderately heavy wetter, but i definitely think she'd leak in a regular diaper, if used overnight. she sleeps 11-13 hrs.) Thanks!!

Re: Best disposable diapers (including over-nigth) in Germany and/or Austria

• We're in Munich and use Pampers but heard that the Baby Loves are okay.  Just stay away from the bio, all natural ones.  They tend to break apart once wet and cause lots of messes.  You can find a good selection at DM, Rossmans, or Mueller stores.  I don't know about Austria though.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We buy in France/Switzerland and tend to purchase pampers. The smell goes away once they are aired out - store brands can be ok too but we do not use them.

Well - my main point in responding to this post was to tell you to be aware that the size system you are accustomed to may be different here. Ex: The pampers size 1 we bought in the states were quite a bit larger than the pampers size 1 here.
    Just something to keep in mind :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    March Siggy Challenge: whatever you want! --> ORIGINAL CHALLENGE: GIF YOUR BABY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We use pampers and don't notice a smell in them like we've had when we bought pampers in the US. I tend to use the active fit ones because the baby dry ones (those are the two pampers choices) give my kids diaper rash. 
  • Oh, and we've never had a problem with leaks using the diapers here. I have in the US, though. I'm in Germany.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"