Maryland Babies
Options

Women's OB-GYN Group Columbia MD reviews Please

I just recently found out I am pregnant and also found out my usual doctor is out of the office for personal reasons and they do not know when she will be back. Since the office is in Crofton MD and I now live in the Baltimore area I decided to find a new practice close to my home. I looked around a lot and I thought The Women's OB-GYN group was the best choice (I prefer female doctors). However I started to look further and found some questionable reviews. If someone is going or has gone to them and have or will have a baby with them can you please let me know if you like it or not. With this practice I will deliver at St. Agnes Hospital. Any reviews about this practice is greatly appreciated.

Re: Women's OB-GYN Group Columbia MD reviews Please

• Options
    I'm actually pregnant with my first, and started going here for my OB appts once I found out I was pregnant. I decided to go here off of recommendations from other people. I like the practice itself, but am unhappy with the doctor that I got "stuck" with. This is my first pregnancy, so I do have a lot of questions and would like to feel like I'm actually given the fair amount of time when I'm there, but my doctor seems to rush me in and out of the office and I feel like I basically have to pull her back in to even ask any questions. I have an appt this coming week, and luckily, they have scheduled me with a new doctor, otherwise I was going to ask to switch! But I think they start rotating doctors towards mid pregnancy (thank gosh). I'm hoping next week goes better because I have heard good things about the practice itself and am comfortable with st Agnes being the delivery hospital. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
  • Options
    Thank you for your comment. That makes me feel a bit better to know your received recommendations to go there and that you like it for the most part so far. I too got 'stuck' with a doctor.... Dr. Hopkins. Hopefully she is not the one that rushed you. My first appointment is 02/13 so I will see then. Good luck with your pregnancy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think you'll be fine. I had an appt today with another doctor and I was much happier. Good luck!
  • Options
    I went there with both of my babies and was very happy with Dr. S. Hammond and Dr. Nancy Hammond.  Dr. Gaskins delivered my first baby and Dr. S. Hammond delivered my second and both did an excellent job.  I was also very happy with my experience at St. Agnes Hospital.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have seen seeing a nurse practitioner there since I was 19 and I LOVED her. Obviously when I got pregnant I had to move to an OB. I am 16 weeks and have been seeing Dr. Cabrera. I LOVE her and I never feel rushed. As a matter of fact its probably opposite. Every appt I have had so far she has taken her time and answered all my questions. She's the only OB I have seen so I can't speak for the others but I am happy there so far. Good luck :)
  • Options
    I have loved this OB office so far. I had a CP back in November and when I called (after leaving the ER, so it wasn't even an emergency anymore), the receptionist left a note for the nurse who called me back within 10 minutes and squeezed me in immediately. Now I'm pregnant again and I had some spotting the same day as my BFP. They brought me in the same day for bloodwork and again three days later and the nurse called with the results the very next day. I had my first prenatal appointment with Dr. Mak. She was great. She had some trouble finding the baby because I have a really long uterus (which we didn't know about), so she got the sonographer to squeeze me in right away to use her newer, fancier machine and we saw the baby right away on the better machine. She spent lots of time with me and even started the appointment early because I had showed up super early. Overall, I have been pleased with the doctors, the nurses, and the staff so far.
  • Options
    I have been going to this office for over 10 years and have no complaints. I use one of the nurse practitioners for gyn, and now see a different OB for each pre natal appt. I recommend this office.
  • Options
    I have been going here for years. Both my little brothers were delivered at St. Agnes. It is a wonderful facility and the doctors are great. I have met Dr. Apgar, Dr. Hopkins, Dr. Hammond. I have my first OB appt with Dr. goldstein and I will update you all how it goes. They have a rotating schedule so you get to know everyone since they want you to feel comfortable with all the drs. Good luck :)
  • Options
    I thought I'd post again since I've continued with this practice. I still have had great experiences with them. I've found the office staff to be helpful and efficient, and I've always been pleased with the doctors. I was at St. Agnes' women's center last week for my NT scan and first trimester screen and thought everyone I met there was just wonderful. I have no regrets about choosing this practice and hospital.
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates Ladies. So far I met with Dr. Hopkins I thought she was really nice. My next visit is with Dr. Cabrera. The front desk staff and nurses are very nice and helpful too. So far so good.
  • Options
    I Met with Dr. Goldstein for my 1st US and she was nice. Not the warmest person in the world but she is very informative and friendly. The front desk was lovely and the nurse who drew my blood was excellent. I am pleased with the experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"