Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone on Paraguard?

I had my 6 week check-up today and was planning to get another Mirena. Apparently our office isn't doing the Mirena anymore because insurance now only covers like $50 of it and they are on the hook for the rest. So my other option is the Paraguard. I opted for it since I don't want to take a daily pill.

If you have the Paraguard, do you like it? Really what is the difference?

Thanks.

Re: Anyone on Paraguard?

• I had it before I got pregnant the second time, and I liked it. It's non-hormonal, which is the major draw. Some people get heavier bleeding with it, and I did have slightly heavier periods, but it was NBD for me.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My periods are quite a bit heaver now, but I would much rather take that than the hormones. Really like it so far.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm getting it in a few weeks. Looking forward to a non-hormonal birth control.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had mine in for 4 years. Overall I recommend it!

My periods were normal with usually 2 heavy days, but sometimes AF would drag on for about 10 days. Annoying.  Normal cramping, nothing terrible. 

I bled for 9 months straight after insertion (due to never having been preggo before)
    Then a few months after I finally stopped bleeding, I began getting BV often, pretty much constantly... before this I had never had a yeast infection or BV in my life.

I had BV pretty much constantly for the next 3 years. I tried everything to cure it (literally), and finally last month I concluded my last ditch effort would be to remove my paraguard... happy to say that for the last month since removal I have been BV free for the first time in years! 
    I guess my body just wasn't happy with the copper maybe?

Now my partner and I use NFP.

Despite MY issues with it, I still think it is the best BC on the market.

• I got it and was one of the lucky ones who expelled it. I got my period once on it and it was heavier than normal but no big deal otherwise. Hope it works for you! I'm back on the pill.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"