Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Anyone dealing with or dealt with acid reflux?

This is a little random but just wondering.. Have any of you ladies dealt with bouts of acid reflux prior to ttc or being pregnant? (I know some on the board have had pregnancies before) I always had minor issues with this but lately it's affecting my whole throat .. Had tests and there are no ulcers or anything bad (just inflammation maybe due to being acted up by my last pregnancy that ended in a loss) but I'm scared that if I am lucky enough to get another bfp this issue will be way worse. Is anyone experienced with this? Is it best to wait to ttc until its totally gone? I am on nexium now trying to get it under control and its considered a safe drug for pregnancy but still makes me nervous. Thanks for any input you can give and have a happy Wednesday!

Me (30) DH (31) Married 5/13, TTC since 2/13
BFP #1 Blighted Ovum resulting in D&C on 11/1/13
BFP #2 Ectopic Pg, lap surgery on 3/12/14, R tube removed

BFP # 3, EDD 2/21/15 * please be our rainbow*

Re: Anyone dealing with or dealt with acid reflux?

• Options

I have had really bad acid reflux in the past (to the point of losing weight because I could barely eat) and it was stress-induced. I haven't had it like that since. Hope you feel better soon.

Yea I have lost 20 lbs in the past two months.. Thought I was just depressed after my loss but then the acid reflux came about.. The nexium doesn't seek to help that much for me either. My Ent diagnosed me but I'm going to a gastro next week I hope that gets me more progress! Sorry you ladies have to deal with this issue as well :( I'm assuming you don't let this interfere with your ttc plans? My DH wants me to get it under control first but I don't wanna wait so long :(

• Options
    Part of the reason I eliminated alcohol and coffee from my diet is due to acid reflux. Mine originally was induced by stress a few years ago, abd has hung around because of my eating habits.

I find famotadine is really good for immediate relief (Ranitidine does nothing for me). And I take a daily dose of omeprazol.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had reflux since high school. Nexium works best for me, omeprazole works pretty well as long as I take it at the same time every day, and zantac did not work very well for me. It doesn't make much difference what I eat, how much I eat, etc. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    Sorry to hear that OP.  I also get reflux from time to time but nothing too significant luckily.  I hope you get it figured it out soon, it sounds like you're taking all of the right steps.  Personally, I would not put TTC on hold unless your doctor recommends it for some reason.  Good luck!

• Options
    Thanks so much for sharing ladies, this issue is so nagging and I just hope to get it under control but so far it's not really getting much better.. Guess it just takes time

• Options
    Nicb13 said:

dmo1371 said:

I've had reflux since high school. Nexium works best for me, omeprazole works pretty well as long as I take it at the same time every day, and zantac did not work very well for me. It doesn't make much difference what I eat, how much I eat, etc. 

All of this applies to me as
    well. I took Omeprazole
    throughout my whole pregnancy and DS is just fine.

I was wondering about that as well, If I needed the meds through pregnancy if that would be okay. Thank you for sharing that! Btw your DS is adorable!

• Options
    Prior to finding out I was pregnant, I had the worst acid reflux you ever thought possible. My husband suggested a pregnancy test. I had no idea it was a pregnancy symptom. That was the only symptom that I noticed. Nothing helped it either
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"