Trouble TTC
Options

Need help. Might be pregnant?

I have been having a crazy week. I think I'm pregnant- no I'm almost sure I am, but I took a test and it said negative. Let me tell my story. A few weeks ago my left breast started hurting. I didn't think much of it. Thought maybe I slept on it wrong or something and it would go away in a few days. It didn't. Looking back I also had other symptoms but none were as consistent or as present as my breasts were. My husband and I have not been trying to conceive. I take birth control and I've been on it since August of 2012. Other than that he just pulls out. I never have side effects from it or anything either. Anyway- my last period began December 11th. I never have pms symptoms at all. No cramping, cravings, nothing. So my breasts were still hurting and I thought it was really strange. I also was having a lot of trouble sleeping at night and my back hurt. My husband is gone sometimes for his job in the marine corp so I thought I was just missing him. Those were my main symptoms. One morning when he was getting up for work I got up with him and had a nauseas/dizzy spell. After that I thought maybe I could be pregnant. My period was supposed to start in two days, so of course I was going to wait. But I decided to look up pregnancy symptoms. That's when I discovered that I practically had been having every pregnancy symptom in the book. Back pain, gassy, fatigue, insomnia, sore breasts, you name it- I have had it. So I decided to go buy a test. I still wanted to wait till my period was due though. Wednesday is usually when I get my period and I had light spotting for about an hour.. So I decided I would take my test the next day. I took it in the morning like it's recommended. And It was a negative. Then I bled very lightly from about 10 am to 3 pm. I called the doctor and asked about it and she said it would probably be too early to tell since it hadn't even quite been 4 weeks yet (I was 3 weeks and 5 days). She said I could come in for a blood test but even it might be too early to tell from that. I decided to do it anyway cause I was anxious. It came up negative as well. Now I am waiting until Wednesday this week to see if it will show up because I still have been having symptoms! Both my breasts hurt now and they have blue veins that are thick and visible! I also think my aereolas are darker and I have the little bumps on them. I also have been very gassy still, and have back pains. Those are my consistent symptoms. I still feel pregnant! Can anybody give me hope and say they had similar situations? I just am afraid I'm going to take this test on Wednesday and it be negative again... I don't wanna feel like a crazy person. I mean I know my body better than anybody else. I just feel discouraged since I'm now excited! Someone restore my hope?

Re: Need help. Might be pregnant?

• Options
    DharmaChickDharmaChick member
    edited January 2014
    I've felt pregnant a gazillion times.  No pregnancy yet.

Until the stick says you're pregnant, you ain't pregnant.

In the meantime, the Trying to Get Pregnant board might be able to give you some tips and hints about tracking your cycle and ovulating prediction tests.
    ^This, all of it.

Please see the description and first post of this board. We're not trying to be mean or exclusive, but seeing this kind of post can be a bit frustrating for this group of women. You may want to visit the Trying to Get Pregnant board.
    ________
    ME: 34, Atypical PCOS (lean, no O without meds) + unexplained; DH: 33, mildly low motility
    09/2012: Start TTC after stopping NuvaRing.  No cycles seemed to occur.
    01/2013 - 05/2013: Tried Provera to "jumpstart" cycles. No luck.
    12/2013-
    01/2014: Clomid 50mg - no big follies, stepped to 100mg; One mature follie, Ovidrel (HCG trigger), IUI #1 completed - BFN
    02/2014: Clomid 100mg;
    One mature follie, Ovidrel trigger, IUI #2 completed, Crinone - BFN
    03/2014: Clomid 100mg -
    no big follies on 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; One mature follie, Ovidrel, IUI #3 completed, Crinone - BFN
    04/2014-05/2014: Letrozole 5mg + Ovidrel HG to prep for IUI #4 switched to TI, Crinone - BFN
    05/2014-06/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #4.1 completed, Crinone - BFN
    07/2014-08/2014: Letrozole 5mg; one mature follie,
    Ovidrel, IUI #5 completed, Crinone - BFN
    09/2014-10/2014: IVF Prep - Insurance requires IUI #6;
    Letrozole 5mg - no big follies 1st round, 2nd round prescribed; IUI #6, Crinone - BFN
    11/2014: "Break" - Letrozole 5mg to cycle before prepping for IVF - successfully O'ed, but BFN
    12/2014: Extending 'break' one more Letrozole-only TI cycle for mental health break - BFN
    01/2015-
    02/2015: Prep for IVF - BCP then Gonal-F, Ganirelex, Novarel trigger;  ER scheduled 2/11!
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4cf919
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome.
    December 3T Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie
  • Options
    Thank you. Sorry.. New here. Didn't know where I should post. Cause we aren't trying.. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"