June 2014 Moms
Options

Breaking out like a teenager! Ugh

Anyone else? Any suggestions?? All over my face and chest :( I try not to use lotion because of it... I'm guessing I'll probably be dealing with this throughout the whole pregnancy?

Re: Breaking out like a teenager! Ugh

• Options
    Aww that sounds exactly like what I'm going through. Never really was one to break out before being pregnant. Maybe I'll try that belli brand just to see if it does anything...
  • Options
    Ugh, I was just getting ready to post something about this. Mine is all over my face, chest, neck, and back, they are covered. It almost looks like a rash I have so many. My dermatologist gave me erythromycin gel, and that isn't helping. Proactiv isn't helping. I'm about to give up the fight. Lol. Mine started literally with my 2nd trimester, and hasn't let up.
    Nov 2, 12 BFP, MMC followed by DNC Dec 6, 12. At BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hear ya. I had been using Burt's bees but I just switched back to castor oil/olive oil mixture which sounds weird but it works like a charm.

https://www.healthydiaries.com/2012/07/17/how-i-improved-my-skin-acne-scaring-overall-complexion/
  • Options
    Me too!! I had a bad wave of it during first tri, and I thought it was done. But now it's back with a vengeance! I'm trying not to use any acne treatments, so I am sticking to my electronic face scrub brush.
  • Options
    Yep, it's just my chin area which I've heard is where you break out due to your hormones.

imageimage
    DD born on 11/10/2007
    TTC Sept-Nov 2012
    BFP on 10/25/2012 CP 11/1/2012
    Back on BCP
    BFP on 10/13/2013 EDD June 26, 2014 
    Little Girl went to Heaven on January 26, 2014 @ 18 weeks
    TTCAL March 2014-Present
    BFP on 6/20/2014 Blighted Ovum
    BFP on 8/31/2014 It's a GIRL!  EDD May 18, 2015
  • Options
    My derm prescribed Aczone (she used it during her pregnancy too so I felt loads better using it too!) and it wiped it right out. Ive only had a zit here and there since wk 11. She did say that I need to keep using moisturizer. She said even though it's common to think it's just adding more grease when skin isn't moisturized enough it sends a message to produce more oil which leads to more breakouts.
  • Options
    lellymine said:

My derm prescribed Aczone (she used it during her pregnancy too so I felt loads better using it too!) and it wiped it right out. Ive only had a zit here and there since wk 11. She did say that I need to keep using moisturizer. She said even though it's common to think it's just adding more grease when skin isn't moisturized enough it sends a message to produce more oil which leads to more breakouts.

Did she have a specific moisturizer recommendation?
  • Options
    emfoxc said:

lellymine said:

emfoxc said:

lellymine said:

She's been having me use CeraVe renewing lotion morning and night. It really helps with the dry flakes and it's got a little bit of salicylic acid in it with also helps keep my breakouts at bay
  • Options
    I also started breaking out a lot. I switched back to a mixture of 1/2 castor oil and 1/2 sunflower oil. I massage it into my skin, let it sit for a minute and then wipe it off with a clean washcloth with hot hot water.

My skin got worse for a few days while it adjusted to the product but now my skin is clear again. I know everyone is different so this might not work for you, but it might be worth a try.
  • Options
    Anyone else? Any suggestions?? All over my face and chest :( I try not to use lotion because of it... I'm guessing I'll probably be dealing with this throughout the whole pregnancy?
    It's important to moisturize because when you don't, your skin will moisturize itself with oil, thus clogging your pours and causing more acne.  Finding the moisturizer that's right for you however can be tricky.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel you! I keep getting them on my chin. I bought Neutrogena Natural face wash which uses some sort of tree bark as a natural salycilic acid, but I don't know if it's really working. I also got the Burts Bees toner and I use Neutrogena makeup remover wipes at night. 
  • Options
    All I have to say is thankfully I'm not preggers during the summer; can we say BACNE?

I still occasionally break out on my face since I was a teenager (thanks for the genes, dad!) and for Christmas my H bought me one of those electronic exfoliant scrubbers, which is awesome! I use Bert's Bees sensitive skin cleanser as well and my face is so smooth and thankfully, not full of blemishes. No advice for the bacne though :(
  • Options
    I had a bout of acne a few weeks ago. I just tried to make sure I was washing my face twice a day. I hope you can figure out a solution!
    TTC #1 since July 2012 Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    I've been the same way. It was horrible the first trimester but has cleared up a little since about week 13. I was getting huge clusters on my chin area. Every once in a while another will pop up there, but nothing like before. I use neutrogena naturals face wash and lotion. I'm not sure if they help, but it was the only brand I could find that is completely safe during pregnancy
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the great suggestions! And LoHerrim.. I hadn't thought of it that way but that's pretty funny
  • Options
    When I complained to my doc about this, she prescribed me face wipes that did wonders called clindamycin- cleared me up in no time! Look into it!
  • Options
    I've had a big break-out these past couple weeks, though only on my face. Hormones and weight gain are the main culprits, but I know I've done a poor job staying moisturized, too. I plan on being more attentive to my face and then asking at my monthly appt. if there is still no change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    MC: 3/22/16  :(
  • Options
    Mine is back with a vengeance after a few weeks reprieve too. I never had it at all when I was a teenager so it's really freaking me out. I'm just trying to remember that I would gladly take acne, as bad as it may be, in exchange for a happy, healthy LO. Still, hard to keep that in mind when every time I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I cringe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"