July 2014 Moms
Options

Nursing cover recs

I never really used a cover with DS but since I'll be out and about more with him at his activities, I'd like to have one to use with this little one. I saw one I liked that another mother was using but I didn't write down the name she told me and of course I've forgotten it. Anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Nursing cover recs

• Options
    non other than bebe au lait. 
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    All my friends use lululemon vinyasa scarves as nursing covers. They rave about them.
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    All my friends use lululemon vinyasa scarves as nursing covers. They rave about them.
    Whoa, I would never have thought to use those!  I guess that's why they're such big scarves... ;)
  • Options
    I have a bebe au lait. I used it some but eventually just nursed without it. Whatever.
  • Options
    I had a bebe au lait and could never figure out how to use it comfortably...mostly because nursing covers are in general awkward and uncomfortable. I just used a large receiving blanket when I wanted to cover up.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    I just used Aden & Anais blankets to cover up when nursing.  I did see a DIY thing that was basically like what the dentist uses to clip the paper over your chest while they work (long string that goes around your neck with a clip on both ends).  Basically you could use this to turn any blanket into a nursing cover.  Never made one, but it looked like a good idea.
  • Options
    Thanks for the recs! The one I saw was a bit more like a shawl, similar to this one

Though I laugh at their claim that it's so chic you'll be able to wear it even after LO is done nursing. Yeah, probably not. haha
  • Options
    I have a Hooter Hider. I liked it and plan to use it again. I always had a hard time with the blankets slipping off my shoulder.

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had a bebe au last but this time I think I'm gonna get one like this. The bebe au last was fine for a newborn but once she started getting squirmy it was hard to keep her under it. https://www.diapers.com/p/jj-cole-nursing-cover-ash-woodland-282741?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=JC-320&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1439255112&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=JC-320&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}#
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Options
    I had a bebe au last but this time I think I'm gonna get one like this. The bebe au last was fine for a newborn but once she started getting squirmy it was hard to keep her under it. https://www.diapers.com/p/jj-cole-nursing-cover-ash-woodland-282741?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=JC-320&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1439255112&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=JC-320&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}#
    this doesn't look that much different than a bebe au lait.  I agree that when they're older it is harder to keep them under a cover.  My son hated it... and was always exposing me... it got to a point that i just didn't care anymore and just went without a cover.  

I liked bebe au lait because of the ribbed collar.  I like the fact that I could look in and see what my baby was doing without needing to use my hands.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    this doesn't look that much different than a bebe au lait.  I agree that when they're older it is harder to keep them under a cover.  My son hated it... and was always exposing me... it got to a point that i just didn't care anymore and just went without a cover.  

I liked bebe au lait because of the ribbed collar.  I like the fact that I could look in and see what my baby was doing without needing to use my hands.

It just looks like it provides more coverage on the sides. That's the only difference I see.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Options
    When I bothered to cover up, I just used an A+A muslin.  It took up almost no room in my diaper bag and had multiple uses.
    image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I mostly used an Aden + Anais swaddle blanket. They are huge, plus we're always being used in the stroller/diaper bag anyways, so I always had it on hand.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Has anyone mentioned if the babies get hot under there? The luon light fabric lululemon uses is a polyester blend, not cotton, so I'm wondering about the breathability. They would make cute covers though!
  • Options
    I know this is an old thread that got bumped but I've been using my L'oved Baby shawl when I NIP and it's been working well. I like that it goes over my head so I don't accidentally slip and flash my nipple to everyone in the vicinity while latching/unlatching.
  • Options
    I, too, use an A + A blanket. I tie two corners together and slip it over my head.

I'd refuse to buy a "Hooter Hider" based solely on the name. Dear Lord.
  • Options
    A & A user here too. Simple and one less thing to tote around
  • Options
    I have the Boppy cover and so far it works great!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    I have the udder cover, too. I'm a huge fan. Probably going to be ordering a second one soon.
  • Options
    darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited September 2014
    The postage has gone up for Udder Covers. I paid $11 and the cheapest option is now $14.99. Not amused, it's a sheet of cotton ffs!

Edited: Is it ok to post coupon codes? If not, googling udder covers coupon should bring up one for a free cover, you just pay postage.
  • Options
    Another for Udder Covers. I got mine as a gift. I use it a lot, just used it in a restaurant tonight. I like it because of the adjustable neck strap.
  • Options
    I have three udder covers (gifts) and I hate them. They're not big enough at all! Like PP said, I also used an A+A blanket. I actually take two ends (corners) and tuck them under my bra straps. It works great and I like that the AA blankets are huge and have a ton of coverage.
  • Options
    cko521 said:

Cover pisses DD off. I use a light infinity scarf that covers the top of my boob and leave her uncovered. I just pull it down if she pops off.

^This. I've never tried the cover, but I do this as well. I have about 6 infinity scarves in different colors that I use. And I wear one when I know I'll be going out places and need to nurse.
  • Options
    jessafish said:

I've been using a A+A blanket when I'm not at home. I need to look into the DIY clip because if my shoulder is not leaning against something to pin the blanket in place it tends to slip.

Tie the two corners of the same side together and stick it around your neck. It's a perfect nursing cover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have 2 that I ordered from etsy shop called busy spinning thread. .. they are my favorite and stylish .... totally worth the money in my opinion :)
  • Options
    I'm also a hater of my Udder Cover. Instead I use a very large, sheer infinity scarf from Calvin Klein. It's def on the "less coverage" end of the spectrum but otherwise I just NIP cover free if I am somewhere I feel comfortable.
  • Options
    I have an Udder Cover, and I'll use it when I'm at home just around family that isn't comfortable with nursing (like my mom, she's horrified that I'm breastfeeding), since if it moved, I wouldn't be too upset, but it is a little narrow.  I have a clip to hold a blanket around my neck, but it's way too short so that is my least favorite.  I tend to gravitate towards an A&A blanket, but I do have a scarf called a Nuroo which is pretty sweet, and is something I actually could see myself wearing post-baby.  They come in grey, a purply color, and navy- I have the navy and I've found quite a few ways to wear it already.  

Nuroo link:

My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"