Eco-Friendly Family

Fluoride drops for 7 mo old

Does anyone know where to get all natural Flouride drops. Ped gave me a prescription and it has a lot of additives in it.

Re: Fluoride drops for 7 mo old

• Why was your LO given this prescription? Fluoride is horrible for us (natural or not). Please research "dangers of fluoride". You can be harming you sweet baby more by giving him/her this!
  • I second @MamaMuslima01. We avoid fluoride at all cost. Please research fluoride well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the heads up. Our ped said since we don't have enough Flouride in our water supply that he would needs drops. I also saw online that the AAP recommends the drops for infants over 6 months old. Ill be researching this more
  • taniaben said:

Thanks for the heads up. Our ped said since we don't have enough Flouride in our water supply that he would needs drops. I also saw online that the AAP recommends the drops for infants over 6 months old. Ill be researching this more

Wow! That is the craziest thing to me.. there is a site I love called natural health news and if you type in "fluoride" in the search box there are great articles and videos that are very informative. Good luck!
  • I need help!!!! My doctor prescribed fluoride for my baby too!  We do not have fluoride in our water and I'm not having my baby drink jug water.  The prescribed fluoride has red dye, yellow dye and sucralose.  Yuck!  What can I do?  Yes, I'm going to give her fluoride but I need to find one without the added dyes and sucralose.  Any advice please??
  • Fluoride is more toxic than lead. There is no "safe" dosage for lead, and there is no "safe" dosage for fluoride. Fluoride is said to make the enamel on teeth stronger but the data that supports this is completely skewed to support the pervasive propaganda from the medical establishment. At this point it is far less expensive to continue the propaganda than to pay the lawsuits, which would be tremendous. So the propaganda continues... The fluoride that gets added to the water supply in the USA is purchased from China, where it is a toxic byproduct of their phosphate fertilizer industry. The fluoride is unregulated and therefore contains other toxins, such as arsenic and mercury. In this case, the "status quo" is completely incorrect and should be avoided at all costs. if you want details, watch the "Arizona Fluoride Debate 2012" on youtube for a FULL debate with ALL the facts from both sides of the debate. The pro-fluoride side absolutely loses and it becomes very clear that the medical community is engaging in propaganda, rather than education or an interest in health. Many dentists and doctors simply parrot the medical community, as they have no time to do their own research, so do not rely on them to do any additional research to determine what is really going on out there.
  • SamShephardSamShephard member
    edited December 2014
    "There has been more litigation on alleged damage to agriculture by fluoride than all other pollutants combined." (1983)
    - Dr. Leonard Weinstein, Emeritus Scientist, Cornell University

"(Fluoride) was more responsible for damage claims against industry than all 20 (nationally monitored air pollutants) combined."
    - Edward Groth, Senior Scientist, Consumers Union

“We are left with compelling evidence that powerful interests with high financial stakes have colluded to prematurely close honest discussion and investigation into fluoride toxicity.”
    – Dr. Sheldon Krimsky, Tufts University, August 16, 2004.

"Fluoride (in toothpaste and tap water) is able to cross the blood–brain barrier, producing biochemical and functional impairment of the nervous system during developmental periods of infancy and childhood (Guan et al. 1998; He et al. 1989; Mullenix et al. 1995;Zhang et al. 2000)."

I am a concerned father and I did look into it, and I am very unsettled.
  • This is SCARY. Fluoride is not something to mess around with! 

When baby starts getting teeth, Spry tooth paste is good. It has xylitol in it, which helps protect teeth and strengthens them. 

PLEASE do more research on how fluoride works on the teeth and in the body over time!