June 2013 Moms
Options

Btdt vomit (food reaction?)

This got kind of long :/

Sooo baby J had avocado around Christmas and did just fine. We tried it for three/four days and then went back to sweet potato. We did avocado again around the New Year. He did fine.

Fast forward to yesterday. He ate it around 2p and was a bit weird about it, while drinking from his cup he was dribbling a bit more than usual. He spit up a bit (has been a spitter historically) more throughout the day than usual. He also took a great nap. I knew something was up when he did not want to eat...at all. He was also doing strange things with his mouth/tongue. Sticking it out etc.

Around 7:30 (after still not eating! Only a few sips of bm around 5) he heaved a few times and it was green vomit. He was very upset about it! This is our first puking experience. Seemed okish after. Wanted to eat, was still fussy but he usually is around that time of night. He spit up (not vomit wrenching) a bunch of milk, just white, after eating and has been fine since.

He stayed in bed with me and nursed fine twice last night.

Does this sound like a possible allergy?

To me it feels like a long time for it to still be avocado? The green worries me ....

He has also been getting over a cold and has been a bit stuffy.

DH thinks I'm over reacting (I am a bit of a nervous nelly) but I'm concerned!

Tia for any input!

Re: Btdt vomit (food reaction?)

• Options
    I left him a voicemail on his cell phone. We have no pedi hours over the weekend. He is usually great about calling back. Every minute feels like forever today though.

Baby J is acting fine but I'm still nervous! Blegh!
  • Options
    A could have been a bad avocado. I eat avocados like it's my job and sometimes they just taste gross. If he didn't have a reaction before I would doubt it is a food allergy. Ds2 has projectile vomited several times for no reason. Our pediatrician says it just happens- from being overfed, upset stomach, etc.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD has an allergy to avocado. The first two times we gave them to her she was fine, then the third time she threw up three times about 5 hours after we gave them to her. The doctor thought it was the stomach flu since so much time had elapsed, so we tried again yesterday and this time she threw up 2 hours later and she continued throwing up every 10-15 minutes until they were out of her system (about 4 hours). Our pedi said if the vomit is black or dark green you should be concerned because it could be bile but if not, then wait one hour after the last throw up and give pedilyte then if that stays down try breast milk after that. I hope your LO feels better soon!
  • Options
    Sounds like a minor bug.  The green makes sense because he had avocado so that's what he upchucked :)  I'd just keep an eye on him and make sure he's taking in enough fluids.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    Thank you ladies! He's been ok all day today. Taking in fluids as he normally does. I'm thinking the avocado just didn't sit right. Still didn't hear from dr... It's not like he is on call or anything. We live in the middle of nowhere and be gave me his cell as a courtesy. I left a voicemail... He usually calls back... Keeping an eye on him, laid off solids today and will reevaluate tomorrow and may try to go in on Monday.

All responses are much appreciated!
  • Options
    It sounds more like a stomach bug but still possible it was a reaction.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"