June 2012 Moms

how many naps?

I think we're in the process of switching from 2 down to 1.  I'm just curious, how many of you have already switched to 1nap?

Re: how many naps?

• khill86khill86 member
    edited January 2014
    We switched to one around 11 months. DS kept pushing his first nap later and later so it became impossible to let him have a second nap and still be tired at bedtime. We do one nap after lunch.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We switched to one nap about 4 months ago. She generally takes a nap from 1230 to 1:30-2ish.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • we switched to 1 at about 13 months ... its usually from 1 to 3 pm
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD went to one nap around 12 months.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I don't even know when we went to 1 nap. Awhile ago. He goes down right around 1 and depending on what time he got up that morning can sleep for 2-3 hours(or only 30 min if his older brother is home). He then goes to bed at 8.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• DS has been at one nap for quite awhile now. Daycare helped get him in a routine. He takes a nap at 12 and usually sleeps for 2 hours. I try very hard to keep this schedule even on the weekends.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • khill86 said:
    We switched to one around 11 months. DS kept pushing his first nap later and later so it became impossible to let him have a second nap and still be tired at bedtime. We do one nap after lunch.
    This, except sometimes before lunch if he's really tired.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a SAHM, & we just switched about a week ago.  Seems to be going really well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went to one nap around 15 months. Started doing lunch at 11 and nap right after, and slowly moved it to nap between 12:15 and 1, right after lunch still, for about 2 hours, sometimes longer.

I thought I would hate dropping to one nap, but it's kind of nice to be able to go do things in the morning!

• We switched at about 14 months or so.  Get up at about 8-8:30, lunch at about 12 or 12:30, nap at 12:30 or 1, sleep for 2-3 hours, then down for the night between 8 and 8:30pm.  It's been working nicely; she goes right down both for nap and bedtime.
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We switched awhile ago. He'll generally sleep from 10:30 to 12 and goes to bed at 5:30
  • 10 or 11 months I think. Sleeps 7-7 naps 12-2
  • DD has been down to one nap since she was 11ish months old she just didn't seem to need the second one and it just kept getting shorter.

Addison (DD) born 6/10/12
    M/C 3/3/14 Due 10/8/14
    Rainbow Koen (DS) born 7/9/16

Lfafer  you want to have in your playgroup  * Best Baker  * Sweetest Lfafer * Best NBR\GTKY Threads*  Most Supportive Lfafer *   Best Mom * Lfafer you want organizing your meal train after birth

• My son always fought his naps so we switched him from two to one nap around 13 months. He seemed to sleep better at night and went down a lot easier at bed time
  • Down to one nap right around his first birthday. He goes down for 1-2 hours at 12:30. Some days he even skips his nap completely. :( hoping he keeps his one nap for awhile still.
  • DD dropped her morning nap at 9 months. I couldn't believe it. This girl just does not need her sleep. Even her afternoon naps are 2 hours at the absolute most. She does sleep for 12 hours at night though. I guess that is all her body needs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"