January 2014 Moms

I want all of the wine - what's your favorite?

2»

Re: I want all of the wine - what's your favorite?

• @aessary03 I'm so jealous! :) drink some for me soon and then tell me all about the gloriousness of it! I will live vicariously through you until this child is born.

We're hoping to move back to WA (Seattle area) within the next year or so. Then I will have ALL THE WINES!!

My DH is actually from Walla Walla. :)

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Sweet! lol.  I love Walla Walla.  It's like the cutest town.  That's awesome you guys are moving back!  :D  The wine alone is worth it, IMO. hahaha!
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• Loading the player...
  • jessicacssjessicacss member
    edited January 2014
    kathleeeenrose I love Rioja wines too!! 
    For blended, I love cabernet merlot.  My favorite for a long time was 

Côtes du Rhône, but I had to switch to cheaper options :P

I think my first wine post baby will actually be Mont Gras cabernet, which is Chilean, despite the French name
    ETA:  picture fail 

Proud Mommy of my Chloe Cat 

photo 19da4e93-5d4a-44cf-a048-cd3d58e26a62.jpgimage

Jan 14 Mom's January 2014 Siggy Challenge: Post Delivery Indulgences

imageimage

• My suggestion is in the attached picture. It's very good. Red wine that tastes fruity and isn't really dry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My favorite wine is Scarlet Fox which is from a local vineyard. Other than that I like Cupcake Red Velvet or shiraz. Middle Sister is a good brand too.
    imageimage

image"AlternaTickers">image
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My favorite wines are chronic cellars purple paradise it's from Paso Robles ca, Stella Rosa Rosso which is a sweet light red with low alcohol content, and gabbiano chianti or chianti classico which is a little smoother but a few more $. I love me a good cab and have a wine fridge that is full of gift bottles and collector bottles that we are saving until after baby :-) Happy drinking ladies!
  • Has anyone tried the wine ice cream?
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• @mrsgraham06 the WHAT?! Where do I find this magic? The closest I've gotten are wine slushies.
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Has anyone tried the wine ice cream?

Yes please, where do we find this?!?! Never heard of that, sounds delish
  • I know nothing about wine (other than it's alcoholic), but a co-worker of mine loves the Dreaming Tree "Crush" red wine. I've never had it, so I don't know, but she raves about it. :)
    This is very good stuff!

• Have you considered bottling your own wine? You could brew a flavour you love and have a large stock ready for the Spring. May double as a fun date night too. 
  • MrsGraham06MrsGraham06 member
    edited January 2014
    What I've seen as "the best" is this:

https://mywineicecream.com/flavors.html

But I could be wrong, since the last time I looked up the wine ice cream, I found one that would ship to you.

And for those of you in Canada...

https://wineicecreamdessert.com/index.html#order

********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• I love moscato d'asti, but my mil informed me that's not really wine. Lol. I guess I'm a wuss, I'm not a huge wine fan.

Omg, ask your MIL if that is not wine what is it then? Alcoholic Juice? It's a wine made from the moscato grapes in the Italian province of Asti..
    @HeartOverMind I love Moscato d'asti. That is my go to light dessert wine or "i need something stronger than apple juice" wine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rushley said:
    "Have you considered bottling your own wine? You could brew a flavour you love and have a large stock ready for the Spring. May double as a fun date night too."

@Rushley LB, here's an interesting factoid about me! It is a dream of mine that if I get to retire early or hit the lottery that I open my own small independent winery in the Niagara Trail where we already have several other independent wineries. I would LOVE to brew my own wine, and I think that would be so much fun! I am making DH take me out to the local wineries for our first post-baby date :) One of my favorites out here locally is from A Gust of Sun Winery and the wine is called Trismagistus. It's a three-grape blend. SO GOOD. 
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Ooooooh! This has to be my favorite thread ever!
    Here are my faves:
    Red Guitar - it's a tempernillo SO GOOD
    Alamos Malbec
    Mouton Cadet Burgundy - it's like $6 at Trader Joes
    Callia Malbec
    Cupcake Red Velvet - blend of happy yumminess.

Happy stocking! Also I will be sending my DH to the store to restock our little wine cabinet - thanks for the reminder!!!!
    :x
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @MrsGraham06 - there's a local ice cream shop here in town that makes an AMAZING wine ice cream! They card anyone who buys it. :)

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Boones farm....oooo or anything that comes in a box! ;) I'm no help, I'm more of a liquor girl!

Jan '14 Siggy Challenge: Things I've had to deprive myself of while pregnant:

imageimage

Rum & Coke...mmm!!                                              Laying on my stomach!  Can't wait!

• I love Malbecs!

Especially the one in my siggy!
    Lindaflor Malbec from Argentina!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"