New Hampshire Babies
Options

OB/hospital recommendations for the seacoast area?

Hi ladies! I'm new to the board here. I'm 30, and moved to Portsmouth from Boston about 11 months ago. Currently I'm 8w into my second pregnancy, my first ended with a MMC this September.

I've been getting my care from my Boston-area doctor because I absolutely adore her. She's performed 2 surgeries on me now, and has unbelievable bedside manner. She's so bubbly and friendly, answers my questions in ways I always understand and I always pictured her delivering my babies. Not to mention the office where she works is also outstanding and is worth the 60+ mile drive.

Today I learned that she's leaving the practice to be chief of OB at a suburban Boston hospital. We may still go with her, but MH thinks we should explore options closer to home. Anyone have any good recommendations for doctors and the hospitals where they have privileges? I don't know any ladies in the Seacoast, so I have no other reference than these boards!

Thanks in advance!
TTC Since July 2013
BFP #1 8/8/13, EDD 4/16/14
MMC discovered on 9/18/13 @ 10w, baby measuring 9w. D&C on 9/26/13

BFP #2 12/7/13
, EDD 8/12/13. It's a girl!
Caroline Marie born 8/20/14. 8lbs 11oz, 21 inches and perfect!

Re: OB/hospital recommendations for the seacoast area?

• Options
    We had our daughter at Portsmouth and everyone there was great. I saw Dr. Nelson at one practice and followed her to her new location (Harbour Womens Health). So far they have been ok. As long as you are about half hour from hospital I think you will be ok. Driving to Boston when you are in labor might not be so much fun! Good luck
  • Options
    I know this is an older thread but figured Id respond. I live in portsmouth as well and delivered in york with coastal obstetrics and LOVED the experience. I was originally with harbor womens health with my first pregnancy (and the 9 years prior to that) but wanted to work with midwives. So at 20 weeks I transferred practices. The midwives that were with harbor womens health all headed to york when they were no longer part of the practice in portsmouth. As luck would have it we ended up having to have a c section so midwives couldn't deliver me, but I'm still a patient there now with my 4th pregnancy and love the york hospital enviornment.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback (I still check this thread hoping to get some new responses). What is the NICU level at York? That seems to be a sticking point for me as I get further into my research.
    TTC Since July 2013
    BFP #1 8/8/13, EDD 4/16/14
    MMC discovered on 9/18/13 @ 10w, baby measuring 9w. D&C on 9/26/13

BFP #2 12/7/13
    , EDD 8/12/13. It's a girl!
    Caroline Marie born 8/20/14. 8lbs 11oz, 21 inches and perfect!

• Options
    Lol @esmith10‌ I'm late to responding to you again ;) I actually have 1st hand experience with the nicu situation. I'm sorry I don't know the level. It is a community hospital so it is a low level nicu I'm certain. For example-If you deliver before 36 weeks you have the option to go to wentworth douglas for nicu services. OR you can go to portland. We had our first born son at 30 weeks and were taken to portland (maine medical center). We were in the nicu there for one month until our son passed away due to an unknown genetic condition. I cannot say enough about the care we received in portland. If wed delivered in portsmouth or wentworth douglas at 30 weeks wed have been taken to dartmouth or boston. I'm certain those are also wonderful options, but we have NO regrets and have chosen to stay with york for our subsequent pregnancies. They work so closely with maine med that I'm often seen by both since my pregnancies are high risk now die to the loss we had. The drive to portland is quick and easy from portsmouth (I live here too) and the care is fantastic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"