August 2014 Moms
Options

School

So as I sit outside my advisors office wondering how much crack I smoked before deciding to register for this semester, I can't help but wonder if there is anyone else out there going to school and what your plans were? NJIT, sophomore, Biology, adult student btw!
image  image image

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: School

• Options
    Finishing my last semester of my masters! I'm hoping I have the energy and concentration to get everything done!! Graduation is May 12th...cannot wait to be done!
  • Options
    @Bbaby0923 - Good luck! I'll be rooting for you! Can't wait to see some cap and gown photos!
    image  image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My dh and bf went to njit!.. I finished up my masters at john jay when I was 8 months pregnant it was the hardest semester of my life but im glad I got it over with before he was born. Just think of it as one step closer to the end! Good luck !

• Options
    I am working on my bachelor's in Human Resources Management. I took about 4 years off and started back about 9 months ago and I'm working my booty off to be done before this baby gets here!! I don't know if I will be able to do it or not but that's my goal! I often ask myself what I'm thinking but I'm hoping it will be worth it down the road! Good luck to everyone who is going to school right now!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have 2 semeste left for my masters so will finish in the summer right before baby!

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options

@Bbaby0923 - Good luck! I'll be rooting for you! Can't wait to see some cap and gown photos!

Thank you!!! I'll keep you updated :) good luck next semester...it'll all be worth it in the end!
  • Options
    I started my masters for public relations Monday -_- super bad idea. I'm sooooo tired!!!! I don't want to do anything. Plus I work full time and part time photographer. Wtf was I thinking.

BabyFetus Tickerimageimage

• Options
    Starting my nursing prep classes next week! Obviously I will have to take a little break after baby comes, but my end goal is to be a certified nurse midwife. So yeah, I'm looking at school for the next 7 years...
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • Options
    I finish my Bachelors in entrepreneurship about a month after my first DD was born. I actually was supposed to finish the week she was due, but I went into labor and turned in my final late and the teacher failed me, so I had to retake my last class. I wanted to punch him. I was considering going back for a Masters in computer science this fall, but since I found out I'm preggo, I think those plans are going to be put on hold for a bit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm still working on my transfer to a 4 year college and will be going to school this semester. I am a Food & Nutrition major with a focus in Dietetics
    photo c9f20a08-e61b-4141-972e-d243ea91d7a9.jpg
  • Options
    I am graduating with my masters in school psychology from Plymouth state in June and am doing a full time internship until June as well.... God willing I will be graduating when I am 7months and can't wait. I'm tempted to tell my professor only because I drive 1hr 15 min to class after a full day of being at the elementary school and right now a reg day 8-3 is killing me... Got to stay positive though
  • Options
    I'm working on my doctorate in education and also work full time.  I have no intention of putting school or work on hold, just have to focus more and have excellent time management.
    Laura
    Married to my Middle School Sweetheart Since 9-23-2000
    Dominic Riley 10-8-2003  Abigail Mackenzie 3-30-2007
    Excited to meet Baby Boy #3 in August, 2014
  • Options
    I'm a little over halfway through with my MSW program.  I started it around the same time we found out we were pregnant with #1.  It's been rough!  I take all my classes online so that helps but it's still hard carving out time for schoolwork.  I'll be finishing up my foundation year internship in April and then back to regular classes; I don't graduate until 2016.  It's rough but doable! 
    Books.  Blogs.  Battlestar Galactica.  

Tiny Man 05/31/2012  I Tinier Man 07/28/2014
  • Options
    I'll finally finish my bachelors in May after being in and out of school since Spring 01. I have 2 classes this term and my senior seminar next term. I've been going to school full time and working full time for almost two years. With a 6 1/2 month old and another one on the way I've been a little overwhelmed.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    I'm working full time and going back to school full time call me crazy!
  • Options
    Wow, we all kind of rock. Finished my masters in educational administration before getting prego, but now I'm working on my national boards. I only have class once a month, so that's a plus... Since getting pregnant, I've doubled the hours I spend asleep. I just need to carve out time for paper writing. Will be SO worth the 10k annual salary increase. Well, that's what I keep telling myself! We can do it!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • Options
    I'm not doing school this time but I did with my first. Thankfully I had some nice teachers that were very accommodating when it came to morning sickness. What county are you in? I'm in Ocean.
  • Options
    I started school full time this week - for the past two semesters I've been doing it part time online, but I am sooo happy to be back in a classroom! I'm working on my teaching credentials (hopefully both elementary and secondary, if I can swing it) after a five year break post-degree. Looking at graduating in 2015!

Also, I had to alert a teacher today that if I ran from her classroom, I wasn't being a jerk, it's just that my morning sickness actually comes at night and I don't want to throw up on anyone. So that was a new educational experience for me... Thankfully all my teachers have been very understanding about adult students/students with kids thus far!

@MorganElise511, I think you can totally do it! I've been taking classes with my kid at home (granted, not masters-level ones) and it's been challenging but doable - and it's so nice to get it done!

@lbonga1 - that's terrible! I think technically you can classify pregnancy as a medical hardship and have a case against jerks like that, but I still hear it happening all the time. People are horrible sometimes.

BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• Options
    Im 6 classes shy of a Bachelors in Homeland Security. Taking two classes right now. I'm sure it will be really hard working full time and finishing my degree when the baby comes, but it will sooo be worth it. I just wish I had started a couple of years earlier. I'd be done by now.
  • Options
    @schnookie I'm in Bergen! Yay Jersey!
    image  image image

• Options
    I was about two months pregnant when I started my Master's Degree. I was working and going to school full-time. Everyone thought I was crazy but I felt like I could do it. And I did. I gave birth during spring break, took an extra week off of school, and then continued with my classes while I was on maternity leave. My teachers were accommodating and understanding. Now I'm pregnant again, and I graduate in May. It can be done! Just be upfront with your teachers and know your own limitations. Don't let anyone tell you you can do more or less than what you feel you are capable of.

• Options
    @MrsMonsterInMyCloset I grew up in Fair Lawn. It's nice being by the beach here but I miss Bergen County :(
  • Options
    I have two weeks left of my master's program and will be done with school!!!!! You have no idea how excited I am for that.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    @schnookie - I grew up in Elmwood Park! Small world!
    image  image image

• Options
    I keep stalling out with my master's after some major life events that distracted me, so I am still on hiatus, but want to encourage those who are in school to stick with it and wish you the best of luck.  It will be a wonderful accomplishment when you are done.  
  • Options
    I finish my bachelor's next spring and opted for online classes this semester. I must admit I am a little intimidated , but I will be fine. If only I could stay awake so I can read. I did however drop down to part time at work to lighten my load, but I still have 13 hours so we shall see. I am worried that my due date is August 25 which is when fall semester starts, but after I graduate I am taking a break before medical school so it all works out.
  • Options
    With my DD I was in grad school getting my masters in education and then decided on a career change after graduation. I had DS in the middle of nursing school. And now here I am in school again... I graduate in April though so for the first time I won't be in school for the entire pregnancy and after the baby is born. I'm pretty excited about that :) it's really not that bad, you'll be fine! :)
  • Options
    @MrsMonsterInMyClosrt @schnookee I grew up in CA but am currently living in Lodi, NJ

• Options
    I have 3 more years to go for my doctorate in nursing to be a family nurse practitioner.  Working full time in the step-down unit too.  Honestly the 12 hour shifts are seeming a lot more difficult than the school part; at least that I can do while laying down at home as my program is mostly online with just a weekend a month on campus.  Aside from dealing with a newborn, I actually think it may be nice to be on maternity leave when my harder year starts, and after that I will go part time or PRN, which was the plan anyways.  People may call you crazy, but if you can do it I think it's worth it in the end!  Now here's to hoping I still feel that way in three years...
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"