1st Trimester

What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

Re: What does a positive pregnancy test really look like??

• I just got my first beta today.  I am 10 days past a 5 day transfer of two blastocysts.  Here are my tests from the past 3 days, including this morning:

Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• Feelingmuch more hopeful today!
  • Loading the player...
  • kkappl87 said:
    Feelingmuch more hopeful today!
    Congratulations!
  • Has anyone used the TopCare brand tests? Is there a darker underlying line? I used three of them and had a very faint line on all of them.. but my first response and clear blue tests are still coming back negative :-/ obviously I know That nobody can tell me if I'm pregnant or not I am just asking if anyone had experience specifically with TopCare brand test.  It's the blue ink. It's def not an evaporation line because it's blue and it showed up immediately each time. 
  • Congratulations!!!!
  • Ugh! I downloaded the app on my iPhone and there are some glitches when I post comments or replies! :-/. They just sort of end up wherever they want! No more posting from my phone ☺️
  • @Alexx624 no experience with those particular tests but the lines sure look good to me! Especially for blue dye, those are always harder to read but yours look very clear! Congratulations!
  • @kkappl87 thank you!! I was getting nervous because the FRER was still saying negative but after so many faint blue lines I have to conclude it's not a fluke.. :-) just odd to me that the generic was more sensitive! 
  • pawcallpawcall member
    edited March 2017
    Alexx624 said:
    @kkappl87 thank you!! I was getting nervous because the FRER was still saying negative but after so many faint blue lines I have to conclude it's not a fluke.. :-) just odd to me that the generic was more sensitive! 
    Do those tests come with any picture instructions? I haven't used that brand but similar internet cheapies and on mine, that area isn't where the test line shows up (hard to tell in the picture but wanted to help troubleshoot if possible). 

If thats the test area for sure, it's plenty dark, but I'm wondering if that's just dye funkiness around where two pieces of the test connect. 

Hoping for good results for you!
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• @pawcall the line is definitely where the test strip is suppose to be, and I also had two of these ones come back without a line over the course of the last few days so I'm still hanging on by a thread.. but I AM feeling symptoms but I am aware I could be mistaking pms for early symptoms.  But at any rate, I've woke another day without AF  so there is hope 
  • Just a little back story, the first day of my last period was February 2.. DTD several times between march 3-11, had light pink spotting march 16 and now here we are. Another negative test this morning :-( 
  • edited March 2017

faint line? (yes, that is another test strip on the counter, I am v guilty of pulling a strip out of a previously negative test!) Anyway, I took this picture at around 4-6 minutes. I have a story to go with this (I'm having some kind of hormone spike right now so I'm in tears and just super frustrated and my boobs are killing me!!)

Three weeks ago I took a couple clear blue, blue dye tests. Being completely new to this whole thing I received a negative result, then I went back into the trash and saw both developed clear positive lines so I was convinced I was pregnant. Plus, my period was a week late. At the 8 day mark, I started bleeding and freaked out, was advised to go to the ER. I would have been a gestational 3 weeks. Negative blood test, negative urine test, nothing on ultra sound, so the Dr. told me I either miscarried or wasn't pregnant/this was just my period. 

bleeding ended up being significantly lighter than my normal period. I didn't think too much of it, but then things in my body were just feeling "off". I ignored it and deemed myself not pregnant.

Jump to a week later, my breasts are KILLING me. The most painful breast pain I've ever experienced. Weird sensations in my abdomen also, as well as down there. I decided to test again for the hell of it. Took this test three days ago with first morning urine and I saw this line at the 4-6 minute mark. 

I had a gyno appointment (for breast pain) the following day and they did a urine test (i had JUST gotten back from lunch with my mom and chugged a bunch of water), my urine test was negative. The gyno I saw that day was very cavalier and rushed me out of there saying "our test is much better than the over the counter tests).

I'm going to test again tomorrow AM, breast pain is only getting worse and I'm feeling "off". Very emotional and irritable as well. I just want an answer. I feel like I'm going crazy.
  • @bigmouthstrikesagain418 I can see a very, very faint line but it is so so faint...and at this point, how far along would you be? You could wait another 2 days and it should get darker if you are pregnant. Some women have very, very low HCG during the beginning of their pregnancy and the urine tests have a difficult time picking it up. But, the HCG should be doubling every 2-3 days, so it should be darker by then. Good luck!
    Me: 34

TTC: 40 months
    Me: endometrial polyps and most recently diagnosed with polypoid endometrium. Mild endometriosis. AMH 4.5. FSH 9.2. TSH 8.5 (recently started synthroid) Everything else normal.
    DH: now an exDH. lol. JUST MEEEEE!
    IVF #1: ER 3/11/17 (5 fertilized) ET 3/16/17 BFP (B#1-113, B#2-534, B#3-3190) MC @ 8 weeks
    TTC with just donor soon!
  • still so much in shock 
    Me: 34

TTC: 40 months
    Me: endometrial polyps and most recently diagnosed with polypoid endometrium. Mild endometriosis. AMH 4.5. FSH 9.2. TSH 8.5 (recently started synthroid) Everything else normal.
    DH: now an exDH. lol. JUST MEEEEE!
    IVF #1: ER 3/11/17 (5 fertilized) ET 3/16/17 BFP (B#1-113, B#2-534, B#3-3190) MC @ 8 weeks
    TTC with just donor soon!
  • QsMadd said:
    @bigmouthstrikesagain418 I can see a very, very faint line but it is so so faint...and at this point, how far along would you be? You could wait another 2 days and it should get darker if you are pregnant. Some women have very, very low HCG during the beginning of their pregnancy and the urine tests have a difficult time picking it up. But, the HCG should be doubling every 2-3 days, so it should be darker by then. Good luck!
    Thanks!! :) At this point I'd be 5 weeks (since conception)

I took a FR gold digital and it said "yes"...but it had a little clock next to it. I googled it and many women were saying that for them, it was a false positive/defective test. My luck lol.
  • This is my first time posting or asking for opinions on a test, and that's mainly because I haven't used this style before.
    I usually use wondfos (pink dye), but I ran out and used a Walmart Equate brand (blue dye) because the store was sold out of FRER.

This test was taken 11 dpo after a 6 hour hold, but not FMU. I am not sure what an evap/indentation line looks like, but I've heard they are more common with blue dye tests. Hoping someone out there has taken this kind of test before and can offer some insight into what I'm seeing! 

P.S. I know that most women can/should wait until MP to test, but I have some medical challenges that require me to find out ASAP. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give!
  • Not sure how far along I am as I haven't had a pp period yet after #2 but this is about 36 hrs apart. Blood work tomorrow. 
  • So, I BELIEVE I solved the mystery as to why I was getting such faint positives followed by more negatives.  Being that my cycle is usually about 40 days between periods, I think I ovulate later and therefore the whole concept of determining the due date based on LMP does not work for me, I would technically be about 2 weeks behind using that method.  I had spotting which I believe to be implantion on March 16.. making me about 5 weeks, which could still be too early to turn a positive. Any thoughts on this theory would be appreciated!  Going crazy trying to understand my body! Lol 
  • It really depends on the person. Since they are checking for the HCG that is only present if you are pregnant, a super faint line is still a positive. But some people have such extremely low HCG levels that they don't get a positive til the 6 or 8 week mark. I only ever got faint lines on the 5 day early  tests (made to test for smaller amounts of hcg) until the 5th or 6th weeks. 
    Mom of 4 -- Boy1 2010, Twins (Boy2 and Girl1) 2014, and Baby Girl 2016. Currently homeschooling through 1st grade with Boy1, and working to build out a MudpieLullaby as a WAHM. 
  • carmencruz1carmencruz1 member
    edited March 2017
    Hi, hoping someone can help me. Ive had diabetes for over 5 years now and just recently got a positive pregnancy test. 

I've been on depo provera. 

Closest answer i found on internet was at the following: Ask A Doctor

**Post Edited by Admin**

• Oh no @carmencruz1 it looks like your post was edited by Admin. Not sure why. Can you rewrite to explain your question?

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

• We got our first BFP six days ago and think I'll be six weeks tomorrow. The original was a digital I took 100% convinced it would be negative because they ALWAYS are for me. So excited that today my test line was finally a lot darker than the control!! Baby is growing and healthy we think ❤❤❤❤❤
  • Here are my 2 positives... after 19 months, I'm still in shock! The FRER at 15 dpo and the digital at 16 dpo. 5 weeks 3 days today!
  • kristiduey12kristiduey12 member
    edited April 2017
    I'm not sure if I can consider this a positive or not. I took one test last night, one this morning with FMU, and one this afternoon. They all look the same with this faint line. I took a clear blue digital this morning as well and it said not pregnant. I am 1 day late. Hoping these are really positive !
  • Definitely positive! Took couple more days for me to get a positive on digital, I have read they are less sensitive. Congratulations!
  • jmwmjmwm member
    This is my first ever pregnancy and we are thrilled :)
    These are 12, 13 and 15 dpo :)
  • ishmoneyishmoney member
    edited May 2017
    At 3w3d (and 4d before mp), used one Easy @ Home hcg strip... faint line. Next day, 3w4d and 3d before mp, I used another Easy @ Home hcg strip and a FR Gold digital test. So, I've been using the hcg strips every day fascinated by the darkening line!
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • rissa06rissa06 member
    edited May 2017
    Here are mine.  Super faint and questioned what I was seeing.  13dpo were the free and the digital was 16dpo
  • tailor2012tailor2012 member
    edited May 2017
    *Removed for TOU Violation*
  • What ya think?? 
  • First ever BFP! Top Easy @ home test from 7dp5dt, middle and bottom test from 8dp5dt! I'm ecstatic! We transferred two frozen embabies on 5/24! 

• This is my positive at 5 weeks and 6 days. 
  • edited June 2017

• Mine instantly looked like this, except the fainted one, that was actually blank for a long time, completly, Like I peed to hard.
  • Does anyone see a second line? I see it, but I'm not even sure if it is where the second line should be. Thanks in advance!
  • @Knottie1458760004 It looks there are some pics of positive tests of this brand on this same forum so you can see where the line should be. I see the evap/indent line which is the line where the urine pools sometimes. This does not look positive sorry. Test again in a few days. 
    Me: 36    DH: 37
    Married: 5.27.16
    Baby Boy Due: 3.18.18
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Thanks for the second set of eyes