1st Trimester
Options

Diclegis?

I have had awful MS, to the point where I really can't function.  My OB prescribed Diclegis.  I hadn't heard of it prior to speaking with her.  I've always heard of people taking Zofran for MS.  Has anyone taken Diclegis?  I did some research into the drug itself online, but am wondering if others have had success with it.  

Re: Diclegis?

• Options
    I think she meant M/S (morning Sickness).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! Going to take it tonight and see how I feel tomorrow. Hoping so much that it works. My OB said there is really nothing else to try of this doesn't work. Isn't Zofran prescribed 1st tri?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got zofran at 6 weeks. I also used Vistaril, phenergan, and Reglan, in addition to unisom/B6. There are other medications, too. Some doctors are hesitant to prescribe them to pregnant women, but Diclegis is definitely NOT the only medication option out there. If you can't function, you should check out the links in my signature. You might be dealing with HG and not just run of the mill morning sickness. There's a lot of good information on the HER site, including contact information for docs in your area who are "HG friendly" and will prescribe you more than Diclegis, should you need it. I hope your OB comes around, though. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
  • Options
    I would think (just due to class of drugs, I'm not a doctor and don't even play one on tv/internet) that diclegis would be the first step, and if it doesn't work they would try something a little more "hard core" to see if that helps.
  • Options
    It's a good first step, my concern for OP is that her OB said it was the only option. If the Diclegis is ineffective, I hope for her sake, that her OB wouldn't continue to insist there's nothing else to try.
  • Options
    Thanks for the support! I will definitely do more research and push for something else if this doesn't work because I have 2 DDs and really can't manage. I'm so glad to know that there are other options. Crossing my fingers it helps. First dose at bedtime tonight!
  • Options
    I'll be thinking of you! Hope it works and you get to feeling better!
  • Options
    I've been on diclegis for about three weeks now. It's not perfect- I still throw up once a week (off it it was once a day) but I love having that extra bit of help without the horrible constipation of Zofran.

Some docs go straight to zofran, some to diclegis. My RE preferred zofran, but my OB strongly prefers diclegis and saves zofran for her worst morning sickness cases.
    Friends for 17 years. Married 10. TTC since Jan 2009.
    3 IVFs, 4 FETs, 11 transferred embryos, 3 losses (c/p, 6w, 17w)
    2012: Lost "Peanut" at 17weeks to PTL/IC.
     Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    2013: IVF#3/FET#4  Elisabeth CJ born April 30, 2014
    Cerclage, P17, and 3 months of bed rest brought us our Rainbow.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
     Dum spiro, spero.
  • Options
    So my first night I took two pills at bedtime as prescribed. I wasn't sick the next day, but was like a zombie until dinner time. I felt so drugged. Last night I took 1 pill at bedtime. This morning I'm much more nauseous, but not as bad as when taking nothing. I'm not feeling drugged, just fatigued. Not sure what to do tonight, because tomorrow I am alone with my two DDs and can't feel drugged all day. Did it take any of you a few days to adjust to the drugged/sleepy feeling or did it stay the same?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"