Washington Babies
Options

Valley Medical Experiences?

I'm planning on delivering at Valley and was just wondering if anyone has delivered there and what their experience was? 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Valley Medical Experiences?

• Options
    ask me later in February! 
  • Options
    I just did three weeks ago.  I had a RCS and the nurses were awesome!  Everything was great, including the food.  BTW, your partner can get vouchers and get room service with you so you can eat together.  The only bad thing was the discharge-it took far too long, especially when all I wanted was to go home.  Good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered there about a month ago for my second time. Both times, I had a great experience. The nurses are a big help! And the rooms are nice (for a hospital).
    July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    Thanks for posting this! I'm due in March so I'm hoping for a similar positive experience. Took a tour on Friday and felt pretty comfortable with the staff I met and the rooms. The jetted tubs looked amazing!!
    Officially started TTC January 2012
    Dx with PCOS November 2012
    2/2013 - First round of Femara - No O
    Took 2 months to get vaccinated from the chickenpox
    5/2013 - Second round Femara - No O
    6/2013 - Third round of Femara + HCG Trigger Shot = O!
    7/18/2013 - Found out I was pregnant
    Dx with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks
    Dx with Macrosomia at 33 weeks
    Taking Glyburide and Metformin to control GD
    Due date is March 29th but we are moving forward with a scheduled C-Section on March 25th

• Options
    I have heard good things in general about Valley, but I personally had a bad experience 4 years ago. Overall it was bad communication and as a first time mom, not knowing what to expect, it made my experience a lot worse than it could have been. They told me I would have a L&D nurse in training, but the other nurse would be with her. The other nurse didn't check in for hours and I really wasn't comfortable with the nurse in training (DH had to show her how to put the stirrups up!). I should have spoke up, but I didn't. I won't do that again! My DD went to the NICU and I was unimpressed with their communication. We were only ever told once that she would be having a sterile procedure (they told us they'd call my room if anything was changing if we weren't in the NICU with her at the moment). Turns out 4 days later we found out from another nurse they had to do the procedure 3 times. That really upset me because we had even been in there with her right after the successful attempt and they never told us it took 3 tries. She was there for 7 days and they didn't really communicate with us if we didn't ask, which sometimes it's hard to know what to ask in a new situation. I gave birth to DD2 at a small hospital and had a much better experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I didn't have the best experience there 3 1/2 yrs ago.  The L&D nurse was fantastic! The first anesthesiologistwho put in my Epidural did it wrong.  When I ended up going in for an emergency csection I told the second anesthesiologist was very annoyed when I told him something was wrong.  He was even more annoyed when he saw that the Epidural wasn't done right and ended up giving me a spinal. 

The nurses were fine.  Most of them were super nice, but no one was rude or mean.  I will be going back there again to have this baby in August.

image'>image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"