March 2014 Moms

Slightly nervous and mobile so can't find search button

I know it's probably "ok" but some reassurance would be nice. At my 30 week appointment today I only measure 28 weeks. I will due a sono next appointment but I do really well with being anxious and this is kind of making me that way

Re: Slightly nervous and mobile so can't find search button

• The tape measurements are within a two week range is what my OB says!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My midwife says + - 2/3 for fundal hight is totally normal. It's somewhat subjective depending on who is doing the measuring as well.
    imageimage 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies! Calming down as I read. And FBW I'm pretty sure LO like to be transverse most of the time so that really helped
  • Oh, I measured 18 at 21 weeks (midwife said it was fine, not to worry) and then at 25 weeks I measured 26.  I only ever see the one midwife so she does it the same way every time, but it might have just been how the baby was positioned or something along those lines.
    imageimage 
  • I had a growth u/s yestrtday which is more accurate than take measure, and my do still told me how there's such a range. Baby measured at 30 ish weeks (which I am, 30w5d at ultrasound) but his head measured 34 weeks. My dad is a radiologist and his response when I texted my mom was "Not to worry about baby measurements at this stage, unless they're off the charts which they are not. At this stage variability is the rule, not the exception."
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Check out my blog: www.lifescravin.blogspot.com
  • Don't worry about it. +/- 2 is normal. ((Hugs))
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • it all depends on how you are carrying baby, if you have a long or short torso, what position baby is in... give or take 3 weeks either way is fine. Dont worry!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This thread was helpful to me too. From the outside I'm measuring a bit small too. I knew the measurements were variable, but didn't know quite how variable. Feeling better now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"