Working Moms

What are you looking forward to in the new year?

I don't know what it is, but I used to get pretty bummed after the holidays. Between the holiday's being over, starting busy season, yucky weather, the getting dark early thing- it was always just depressing. I'm not feeling this way this year because I'm excited for the new year for some reason. Just looking forward to everything coming up I guess!

I'm excited for DS's birthdays. FIL and SMIL are flying out for DS2's bday. I can not believe he's going to be ONE! We are having something small at the house with just family. I was looking at some cute things to do for his party on pintrest last night. That made me excited. I also booked DS1's bday party this morning for February and got a great deal on some invites for it from Sam's club. 

I'm also looking forward to my race in late February. Should be a fun weekend and get away. 

So what are all you looking forward to in the next couple of months? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are you looking forward to in the new year?

• I have major winter doldrums right now...but I have a wedding coming up that I'm excited to go to and we have a family trip this winter that should be fun.
    Re the getting dark, I  keep telling myself that now that we're past Dec 21, the days will be getting LONGER so keep that in mind :)
  • I'm looking forward to my mid-jan vacay.

I'm planning a b-day party in Feb for a friend and I'm excited yet stressed over the party planning already.

Also, in 2014 I'm setting a personal goal to step outside of my comfort zone and try new things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 2014 is looking like a fun and exciting year and I hope it turns out well. Looking forward to 
    • becoming a SAHM for awhile, even though I have mixed/bittersweet sentiments about it. I'm looking forward to it as a new adventure...and hoping I can continue to do a little work here and there for my current employer.
    • going to Hawaii in January! (but super nervous about leaving the kids for a week) 
    • our giant construction/remodeling project on our house finally being done. 
    • actually setting up our furniture and putting pictures on the walls and feeling "settled", which we haven't been able to do yet even though we moved in July. 
    • having people over at the new house
    • family trip to Florida to see the in-laws at their condo--the kids would just love it this year if we can make it happen. DD was 3 and DS 1 last time we went. Now DD1 would be 5, DS 3, and DD2 would be 1.
    • spending time at our cabin and not having to rush it due to work/vacation time
    • DD starting kindergarten and DS starting 3K next fall--more bittersweet new adventures
    • DD2 growing from age 1 to 2--I love this stage. I love when they are learning to talk.
    • doing holiday things next year and decorating the new house for Christmas (we didn't do much this year b/c of all the upheaval).
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @NicoleWI good luck with all the exciting changes! Let me know how the transition to SAH goes. DH and I are thinking I'll be able to SAH after baby #3. It's been a dream for a long time so I'm really hopeful we'll be able to make it work finally.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not being pregnant for a whole calendar year.  I haven't done that since 2007.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm looking forward to several different things but running my first half marathon is at the top of the list.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ski trip in Feb with DH and DD.  Lake house with best friends in June.  Work trip to South America in July-August.

And just watching DD grow and become even more amazing than she already is. 

• I am looking forward to giving birth to my second child in February. I am looking forward to DH transitioning from working dad to SAHD which will enable me to really contribute to my career. I love my new job (got hired at 11 weeks pregnant) and with DH not working crazy hours, I can be a better mother and career woman. 
  • I made partner at my law firm, effective January 1. So I am looking forward to this change in my career, as terrifying as it is if I think too hard about it, and the opportunities it presents.

I am looking forward to DS turning two in June and continuing to grow and develop at an astonishing pace.

I am looking forward to SS turning fifteen in October - just hope he doesn't want to get his permit, because I am not mentally prepared to have a teen driver in the house. But he is a great kid - smart, funny, hard-working, generous, and DH and I are more and more impressed with the young man he's becoming - it's neat to see.

Finally, I am looking forward to the arrival of my brother's baby boy, due in April.
  • A new baby girl in a week! She is our rainbow baby - 2013 sucked for us, we lost a baby at 18 weeks and I just felt like nothing came easy, like we had to fight for every little thing. Just glad a new year is here and the baby girl will join our family!
  • I'm looking forward to getting in shape this year. I had a stressful 2013 in a lot of ways and I kind of let my health go by the wayside. We have a family wedding in Puerto Vallarta in May and it is the perfect motivator. I am ready to get moving and actually feel good about being in a bikini again!
    • Looking forward to getting back into shape this year, especially before our trip to Florida.
    • Family trip to Florida in early April!  We're driving (it will be a whole day if we go straight through), so that will be interesting.  This will be the kids' first "big trip."  And yes, we're going to be those crazy people who go to Disney World during spring break.
    • DD's first dance recital in May.
    • DH starts young 5's kindergarten in September.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"