Central Florida Babies
Options

Day care - Palm Coast, FL

I am going to be a new mom in April. My husband and I just got a house and life just got real for us, LOL. He hates the idea of me working but I'm just going to have to, and he's gonna have to deal with it. 

I am hairstylist and when I was working before my paychecks averaged $700 bi weekly including tips. I am so worried about child care costing to much and I'll end up just working to pay for child care. What are my alternatives?

I figured I have two other options. The first being, getting a part time over night job. The second being to work in a day care and taking baby to work with me, if thats allowed? For that, I need to know what are the credentials to work in daycare? I tried to google this stuff but I'm not getting anything helpful. I'm also super tired because I can't sleep...cuz of the stress. Whew! 

I would appreciate any and all advice!! Thank you ladies! 

Ally & Baby Peyton 

Re: Day care - Palm Coast, FL

• Options
    I'm not sure if it's something you would be interested in, but I just joined a health and wellness company to sell their products in an effort to drum up some extra income.  Perhaps you might be interested in such a thing since you know people through your hairstylist position so you might be able to really make that work? If you're interested feel free to contact me at go.save.earn.mm at gmail.com
  • Options
    I work in a childcare center AND have a part time evening/night job. Before I got the job at the childcare facility, I had no previous professional experience with infants/toddlers, although I had a few years experience working with school age children (kindergarten and up). Our facility is licensed through DCF, and I was given one year to complete the required training in order to keep my job, so you don't necessarily need any credentials before getting started, although of course this will differ depending on the facility. I personally think that would be the better option than having a night job, however I have no idea if you would be able to get free childcare at the same place. I don't see why not, particularly if you're working in a facility like mine with several different infant/toddler rooms - You could just not work in the same room as your child and there wouldn't be any issues. This may be an issue when it comes to smaller daycares though.

Good luck!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"