1st Trimester
Options

Creeped Out

I know some of you will think I'm a terrible person for this, but is anyone else creeped out about being pregnant? I want children I always have but I just don't feel like the "pregnant" type it's hard to explain. I really hope this feeling goes away.

Re: Creeped Out

• Options

Wow, I can't wait for your post about the first time you feel movements!

DS May 12, 2009 DD September 7, 2011
  • Options

THIS is your 2nd post on here?

weird.

It will go away.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WOW  for a bunch of pregnant women you sure are a sensitive group. Next time I post I'll make sure to blow sunshine everywhere!!
  • Options

Creeped out? Uh, no. Actually I revel in the whole miracle of it.

You didn't have to wait the three days before posting, did you?

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    It can be odd to think that you have another person growing inside of you. Just try to love it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Loss #1 (missed miscarriage) 14 weeks Loss #2 (missed miscarriage) 10 weeks Loss #3 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #4 (chemical pregnancy) Loss #5 (chemical pregnancy)
  • Options
    It's okay.  I have a friend that wanted a baby, had a bit of trouble getting pregnant and then hated every minute while she was pregnant.  So much so that she is not having any more kids.  She loves her son tremendously but said she just could never understand what everyone thought was so great about being pregnant.  And she had no m/s, or other excessive symptoms.  Everyone is entitled to their feelings/opinions.
  • Options
    Creeped out?  Really?
  • Options

hubby and i watched the old nova documentary "the miracle of life" - and there was this in-womb video of a third tri baby opening and closing its mouth, little hands moving. it was very surreal to see that - and to think i'll be feeling little limbs moving around in a few months.?

someone had a beautiful quote on their siggy about pregnancy - something (wildly paraphrasing here) about getting used to having a little life inside - and about getting used to having your heart run around you once you have the child. it's still very strange for me to think "i'm pregnant" - but we're also very geeked and grateful. i hope it gets less weird for you! ?

"Develop an interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music -- the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls, and interesting people. Forget yourself." - Henry Miller
  • Options
    Actually, while its unpleasant at times I generally think its pretty fvcking awesome when I stop to think about it. ?Give it time. You don't have to love it, but I wouldn't call it creepy.
  • Options
    im creeped out that i dont know for sure 100% everyday that my little one is still alive in there. I wish I had my own u/s machine so i could look everyday!!

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't see why some people are acting like they're offended by that. I understand what you mean. I'm thrilled that I'm pregnant, but the thought of feeling the baby kick and move does kind of weird me out. I'm sure once it happens, it'll be great, but it is definitely an odd thought.
  • Options

My BFF has 3 kids. She went through a lot of depression right before she had #3. She said the whole pregnancy, she just felt like she had an invader in her body. She didn't want to share her body with this thing inside her. She had horrible postpartum depression and had a hard time bonding with her daughter after she was born.

Me...I'm totally happy to be carrying a child inside me! I can't wait to feel some kicks! To each her own, I guess.

• Options

Despite what some people have posted, I think what you are feeling is perfectly normal. I'm sure the feeling will go away eventually. For me, it comes and goes. One minute I'm thrilled and in tears because I'm so happy, and the next I'm wishing it was over already because of the symptoms and anxiety.

Hang in there...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Um, no, Not at all. It's a miracle I am even got pregnant right now and I am more than thankful, in awe, and happy.
  • Options

I wouldn't say that I feel creeped out, but a lot of people do feel this way. I just think it's kind of weird. I mean there is a living being inside of me with a beating heart, that's not me. How is that not weird?

It doesn't take away the coolness or the awesomeness of pregnancy to admit that it's weird or even creepy.

• Options
    Ha ha!  Wow, there are some uptight people on this board!  Who are any of us to judge someone for putting their feelings out there?  I can certainly understand the creepy feeling..and even if you can't, how about showing a little compassion?  How would you all feel if someone looked at you like you were crazy because you said you were excited? 
  • Options

You have every right to feel the way you feel. It's very honest.

I am 32 yrs old. I've known this body for a long time. I know when a cold is coming on, when I pull a muscle.... and now for something so foreign to be happening, yes it makes me anxious and it is very weird. I think that once we actually see the baby (1st OB appt isnt until 10 wks) it will make it more real. Because right now, a BFP is all I have to go by. Obviously with no baby belly something the size of a blueberry is throwing my body all out of sorts.

It will get better! Don't feel bad about the way you feel. I bet once you see your baby and it feels real you will start to feel less weird and more in wonder in what your body knows how to do!

GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you you took the words right out of my mouth. I want kids but I guess if you say anything negative about being pregnant your a freak. Right now i don't really feel pregnant just sick and tired so maybe thats more of the feeling. Thanks again
  • Options
    Exactly its a roller coaster. One minute I'm looking at baby names and gear and the next minute I'm worried I won't be able to make it 9 months because of being sick and I have terrible anxiety even before I got pregnant. thank you so much for your post!!
  • Options
    Thank You!!Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"