Eco-Friendly Family
Options

websites for ideas to reuse/sew old clothes

Any links you can share?  I have some clothes that aren't  in good enough condition to sell or donate, so I am hoping to make some baby items/toys/etc. from the fabric.  Any good places for ideas?

Re: websites for ideas to reuse/sew old clothes

• Options
    i am making a scrap quilt out of dh's favorite raggedy t-shirts that i finally convinced him to get rid of. i'm sure it will be the ugliest quilt ever (random patterns and prints) but i know he will love looking at it.
  • Options

I'm by no means a sewer, so I don't have any new ideas, but I wanted to 2nd to tommiegirls idea. In high school, a friend of mines mom made one of these for our entire group of friends for graduation. Our moms all stole t-shirts of the different sports/clubs/etc that we were involved in from high school. She only used the part of the shirt that would remind us of that time in high school though.

You could use the rest of the t-shirts though for cleaning rags. I'm going to be working on that today from old t-shirts we have laying around!

I've also seen it done with baby clothes after you don't plan on using them anymore. I may do this with just a few of DS's onesies/sleepers if I find out we are having a little girl. I think they are adorable......but I'll have to pay someone to make one for me. =(

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was at at the library a few days ago and they had some books on using vintage fabrics that looked neat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"