October 2012 Moms

Holiday division of labor

How do and your SO split up deciding on gifts, buying gifts, wrapping etc. ?
Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Holiday division of labor

• Loading the player...
  • In my husbands defense he has to have all his work for his Master's degree finished by the 21st of December. If it wasn't for that I would have made him help wrap.
  • Mrs.G123 said:

Ok, this is what I needed to hear.

Signed,

Christmas is only happening because I planned it

That's me! Lol

• I do it all! Nothing would get done if my h was in charge!

• I do 100% of the shopping, this year even bought my own gift. I will also do 100% of the wrapping.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• He does his family, I do mine. Whoever isn't busy with something else wraps.
  • I do about 95% of the shopping/wrapping. 

This year he bought my family their presents without me needing to go with him, so I guess this year it's 90% me and 10% him? lol

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I do it all.
    me too!  DH doesn't know what we buy until the person unwraps it
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I do everything except MIL and FIL. So they usually end up getting cash from us. Which is weird to me, but whatever.
  • In my husbands defense he has to have all his work for his Master's degree finished by the 21st of December. If it wasn't for that I would have made him help wrap.

Similar conflict for us, only DH was at sea for a month and just got home Monday night and we leave tomorrow to drive up north. So he just wasn't here to do anything.

In previous years, we decide on some things together and he'll do the occasional wrapping but it mostly falls on me.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• We only have to get gifts for 3 people (MIL/FIL/SIL), as my family doesn't do Christmas.  As a result, it's quite simple and DH and I split 50/50. One of us comes up with an idea and the other person buys it. This year we are doing a shutterfly wall calendar for ILs. DH came up with the idea and I made the calendar with DS's photos. DH and SIL are going to see a show in feb so we decided to get her the ticket as her present. And I also buy little food gifts here and there.

I buy DS's gifts.  DH and I wrap the presents together usually.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • ZiegefickerZiegeficker member
    edited December 2013
    I basically do all of it.  At the beginning of the holiday season, I task him with buying gifts for a few specific people, otherwise I do it all.  I do all the baking, most all the cooking, and most all the wrapping.  I write all the Christmas cards, even to some of his family that I barely know.

He does put up the Christmas tree, though, does that count?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"