February 2012 Moms

TTC Check In (12/16)

Cycle Info

What month/cycles are you in?

What's your CD?

Where are you in your cycle (Waiting to O, 2ww, Waiting for AF, Other?)

If you're in the 2ww what DPO are you?

When are you testing?

What supplements or med are you taking, if any?

What is your current phantom due date?

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!  

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently?

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC?

Anything else to add?

GTYK: What are you doing for New Year's Eve?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
BFP #1: 5/24/11, DD#1 Born 1/16/12
BFP #2: 7/24/13, MC: 8/28/13 @8weeks, 3days

imageimageimage

Re: TTC Check In (12/16)

• Cycle Info

What month/cycles are you in? 4/3 AL (9/8 TTC #2)

What's your CD? 2

Where are you in your cycle (Waiting to O, 2ww, Waiting for AF, Other?) Right in the midst of AF... waiting to O

If you're in the 2ww what DPO are you?

When are you testing? I am going to try and promise myself not to test before 14 dpo.  That's what I said last time but I caved and tested early.  If only I had waited... I wouldn't have wasted another test.

What supplements or med are you taking, if any? prenatal gummies and folic acid

What is your current phantom due date? probably sometime in Sept. unless I have another terribly long cycle

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!   see below

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently? Not sure... I might just check in with my OB if my cycle ends up being really long again.  I know its normal for it to take a while after a loss to get things back to normal, but with my age, I can't have this whole process take a really long time.

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC? sad that its taking so long, frustrated that my cycle is all messed up, jealous of everyone around me getting pregnant.... I hate feeling this way.  I just want to get pregnant!

Anything else to add? I am chart stalking you ladies like crazy!  I really hope we see some BFP's soon.  Good luck!

GTYK: What are you doing for New Year's Eve? We might go to friend's house, but it depends on if we can get nana to baby-sit.  Otherwise, just a quiet night at home.

imageimageimage
  • @ninthgirl- Yay! I'm so, so, so happy for you! Fingers crossed that this will be your sticky baby! What a great way to start the week!

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • What month/cycles are you in? 3/3

What's your CD? 12

Where are you in your cycle (Waiting to O, 2ww, Waiting for AF, Other?) waiting to O

When are you testing? Think I may just wait for AF to show, we'll see how strong willed I am this month.

What supplements or med are you taking, if any? PNV

What is your current phantom due date? Don't know

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!  https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/482645 (hope I did this right, first time sharing)

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently? Hopefully I will get better at temping. I don't know if my temps look right or not since it's still my first month.  Maybe after I O it will look better?

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC? Just keep trying...

Anything else to add? Anyone have any advice for OPK's? I just started using them yesterday.  Yesterday with SMU, test line was there but not quite as dark as control line.  This morning with FMU test line was hardly there at all.  Does that mean I missed my O or should I not use FMU?  I read the instructions, but they didn't say anything about what time of day to use.  Confused

GTYK: What are you doing for New Year's Eve? Nothing...we're really boring.  Probably will spend it snuggled up in my bed :)

@ninthgirl - CONGRATS! Sending prayers up for you!
  • Congrats to @Bellaboo0706 and @ninthgirl!

What month/cycles are you in? 5

What's your CD? 30

Where are you in your cycle (Waiting to O, 2ww, Waiting for AF, Other?) 2WW

If you're in the 2ww what DPO are you? 11

When are you testing? I am not.

What is your current phantom due date? Late August

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!  See below!

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently? Follow up on Friday with the OB.

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC? Super annoyed. I am tempted just to take January, February, and March off.

Anything else to add? Good luck to anyone else waiting!

GTYK: What are you doing for New Year's Eve? I haven't even thought about this yet. Hopefully having people over here so we can do something without worrying about L.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Ah! Yay @ninthgirl and @Bellaboo0706!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Cycle Info

What month/cycles are you in? 6/6

What's your CD? 13

Where are you in your cycle (Waiting to O, 2ww, Waiting for AF, Other?) Waiting to O

What supplements or med are you taking, if any? PNV and Baby Aspirin (on top of my other supplements)

What is your current phantom due date? Mid-September

Do you chart? Share you link for stalking!  See Siggy

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently? Just keep trying. Just keep trying.

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC? Exhausted. My DH and I both are.

Anything else to add? Congrats, @ninthgirl and @Bellaboo0706!! Praying for sticky babies!

@suitern--I hope you get a BFP soon! Keep us updated!

To everyone else: Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

GTYK: What are you doing for New Year's Eve? It's DH's birthday so we'll do something for him. Usually we just go out for dinner.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @pinkshades05-thanks for the add on FF :) I was so excited to see somebody wanted to be my friend LOL
    @Bellaboo0706-Congratulations! That is wonderful!

• @ninthgirl - Oh my gosh!  I have tears in my eyes!  Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Same to you @BellaBoo0706!  Congrats!

I'm not checking in this week ladies...nothing to report. Next week...
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• And I started spotting today...this is so discouraging! Guess I am out this month too.

• @pinkshades05-thanks for the add on FF :) I was so excited to see somebody wanted to be my friend LOL

Welcome!! We love chart stalking! :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @suitern- I'm so, so, sorry! ((Hugs)). Its not fair!

imageimageimage
  • suitern said:
    And I started spotting today...this is so discouraging! Guess I am out this month too.
    I'm so sorry, suitern :(

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @suitern - don't count yourself out yet, it could be nothing.  See what happens...sorry, I know it is trite to say it but you aren't out until AF arrives.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• What month/cycles are you in? 2/2

What's your CD? CD19

Where are you in your cycle? Waiting to O. I think it's happening now, or about to, so says my body signs 

When are you testing? I may wait til new years eve (when I'm estimating AF is due) unless I get it sooner. We had to quit trying Sunday because I'm in my friend's wedding at the end of Sept. I don't have a good feeling about this cycle, only because we're relying on the troops hanging out in there til I O. Just isn't great odds.

What is your current phantom due date? Beginning-mid Sept

If you aren't pregnant this cycle what will you do differently? Nothing - but no sex til 1/30 due to that wedding.

How are you feeling emotionally about TTC? Excited/Anxious.

Anything else to add? Congrats on the BFPs ladies!

GTYK: What are you doing for New Year's Eve? Probably nothing lol
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• poobear2015--I hope this cycle works despite your feelings! You never know :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just got my period today. Hmm. Looks like my confidence in thinking that using opk and sex 1&2 days before ovulating wasn't enough. It's disappointing since first kid was so easy to conceive. I just assumed... Maybe I'll start temping, too.

It stinks getting period now. It's really heavy, and 21 day cycle seemed shorter than normal. Trying not to overthink this.
  • May I ask, what does the number\number mean for month and cycle question?

Like poobear has 2/2. What does that mean? (Not to point you out, just an example)

Like for us, this is the first month trying. What would I write?
  • My LO will nurse tons at nap. In morning and bedtime. I can't help to think it's throwing off my chances, but can't change that, really.
  • May I ask, what does the number\number mean for month and cycle question?

Like poobear has 2/2. What does that mean? (Not to point you out, just an example)

I'm sorry to hear that AF came :( The numbers mean "months/cycles" because you can have many cycles in only a few months or vice versa. My cycles crossed over months so for a week or two every month, I had "6/5" or "5/4" to show that we had been trying for the last six months but this is only my fifth cycle.

Breast feeding often does affect your fertility by suppressing ovulation and shortening your luteal phase (after ovulation). A healthy luteal phase is 12-16 days. Even if your period returns, your fertility may not return right away. Breast feeding for me shortened my luteal phase to around 8-10 days until we stopped breastfeeding. Last cycle was 12 days so I'm a little more optimistic :)

You should start charting! It's amazing what your daily temperature can reveal.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for sharing ladies! Yes, starting this new year I will start temping.

I keep telling myself that back in time women breastfeed longer so most spacing average 3 years apart or more. I'll temp and lower my expectations. I have a feeling my LP is really short. Boot ready to wean, so it'll be what it is.
    ninthgirl said:

May I ask, what does the number\number mean for month and cycle question?

I'm sorry to hear that AF came :( The numbers mean "months/cycles" because you can have many cycles in only a few months or vice versa. My cycles crossed over months so for a week or two every month, I had "6/5" or "5/4" to show that we had been trying for the last six months but this is only my fifth cycle.

Breast feeding often does affect your fertility by suppressing ovulation and shortening your luteal phase (after ovulation). A healthy luteal phase is 12-16 days. Even if your period returns, your fertility may not return right away. Breast feeding for me shortened my luteal phase to around 8-10 days until we stopped breastfeeding. Last cycle was 12 days so I'm a little more optimistic :)

You should start charting! It's amazing what your daily temperature can reveal.

Everything @pinkshades05 said. My LP while nursing started at 6 days (nursing 5x daily), then it took a while between weaning and an m/c for it to get to 11 days, which has been its new normal.

• Yeah, the weaning part is tough. When I realized our problem I had to make a choice between nursing Nat and conceiving a second child. I chose Nat because she is here and so important to us. But then one day she just weaned herself. I thought she was going to breastfeed till college so I'm glad it ended on her terms than mine. Nat was nursing 5x a day until October to give you an idea; it's possible! Patience and prayer really helped.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • pinkshades05pinkshades05 member
    edited December 2013
    ninthgirl said:

Yeah, the weaning part is tough. When I realized our problem I had to make a choice between nursing Nat and conceiving a second child. I chose Nat because she is here and so important to us. But then one day she just weaned herself. I thought she was going to breastfeed till college so I'm glad it ended on her terms than mine. Nat was nursing 5x a day until October to give you an idea; it's possible! Patience and prayer really helped.

Just for some perspective (not because waiting is wrong - I think it's great for those who want to), I chose weaning. I wanted to wean for myself - giving TTC a better shot was a side-benefit. After a year I was d-o-n-e nursing. I know a lot of women love it, but I never did. DD wasn't happy about it at first, but once we settled on the right way to handle mother-led weaning - using warm cows milk in bottles as a gentle replacement since DD already took a bottle and dropping sessions over long intervals - she was fine with it. I did not force her when she didn't seem fine with it, but I did keep experimenting until I found a method of mother-led weaning she would do.

Your way isn't wrong at all :) it's actually very similar! I encouraged the weaning and Nat didn't seem to mind not nursing. I only label it "baby led" because she wasn't traumatized ;) But really, it's very much like your approach. If Nat started getting hysterical, I didn't push it either.

You can certainly start with a plan. Our first step was cutting out nursing sessions after 6am. If she got up, then we went and got her breakfast instead. The rest fell into place quickly after. It may surprise you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah. Cutting out mornings has happened a little bit, when I'm working out early. She just started going to sleep without nursing (moved session before bath), and so I see that she's changing. Great to hear other perspectives. I think temping is going to really give us a better idea. Just amazon primed a thermometer
  • Just to follow up-I had my appointment with the Dr. yesterday to see what is next. He said I had a great egg judging by my progesterone and that he will keep me on the lowest dose of Clomid. DH is deploying in January, so if I am not pregnant, during that time I will have no  no clomid, but I will keep taking provera every 30 days to induce a cycle if I am not ovulating alone. He is going ot test DH this cycle to see what his fertility looks like, but due to the military it is a big pain in our butt. He has to drive 1.5 hours to go to the clinic that will be able to test him! WE are going to try to have that done in the next week or so. When DH comes back or right before I am going to have an HSG done since he said the two months following an HSG are the most successful for trying to get pregnant. So that is our plan for now...let's hope none of this is necessary and our next cycle is the one for us.

• @suitern--Thinking about you and I hope this is your month!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @suitern - I'm glad you have some plans in place.  GL!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"