Potty Training
Options

Three Day Potty Training

Sorry if this is a hot topic that I don't know about, or if this is a common thread I missed!

DD is doing well using the potty at dc, but not so great at home.  She wants to go potty a lot, but that usually involves pulling her pants down, sitting on the potty for about 2 seconds, and then trying to run around naked.  I will admit I'm a lot to blame for failures at home because I've been dealing with morning (noon, and night) sickness for a while here!  I'm starting to feel better though and would love to really get on top of this potty training thing!  

I've heard a little bit about the 3 day method.  Can anyone tell me more?  Personal experiences?  Any good books / websites to help me learn more about it?  Any other suggested methods? 
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Three Day Potty Training

• Options
    A great cliff notes resource is The Baby Center, they have a section all about the 3 day method and how it is done. We followed it very closely with DD when she was 24 months and trained her by day 4. If your DD likes to run around the house nekkid I'd say let her! In the beginning it was much easier for her to recognize that she needed to pee when she wasn't wearing pants. Good luck!
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• Options
    Thanks for the resource!  I'm definitely going to look into this more.  DD would  be very happy to free to run around naked!  Woo hoo!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    :( hang in there. I too potty trained when I was preggo and it wasn't fun. my advice: Pick a method/program tough it out and stick to it for a few days and you will have a potty trained toddler in less than a week
  • Options
    We had very good success with it over the holidays.  Ended up being more like 6 days, but I highly recommend it.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am on day 3 day of the 3 day method and my LO is not catching on yet. However, he is one month younger than the recommended start time (21 as opposed to 22 months) and I am using diapers overnight and pull ups at naptime which is a no-no and can slow progress. (I'm 9 months pregnant so just can't be changing bed sheets several times a day/night) It's also a no-no to be doing this when a major life change is about to happen but he's been going pee on demand on a potty seat since 17 months and I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm not looking to have him trained in 3 days flat but I was hoping for some improvement by today. He's still not talking yet which adds to the difficulty, because he still is not running to the bathroom or signaling that he has to go before the accident happens yet. So there's pretty much just pee everywhere at this point, but we're going to keep plugging away at it for a few more days and we'll revisit it in a few months after baby is born if he doesn't show any improvement.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had great success with the 3-day method with DD.  She fell right into it and it was a breeze.  Stay focused and consistent.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Have you tried - Carwyn Turbo Potty Training?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"