Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Active baby

Oh my goodness, DS is the epitome of the fastest sperm! Haha I don't think he has ever stopped moving. I can't even get him to engage in toys, just wants to move move move! I bought a Vtech move & crawl ball (second hand) thinking he could focus on that & move at the same time - no dice. He's in the jolly jumper 3x a day and he just goes nuts in there. He doesn't just jump up & down, he swings his body back & forth too.

Any advice for things to do with a baby that won't sit?

Re: Active baby

• Options
    Pinkie78 said:

Our son likes to spin and push toys across the tile floor and chase them. He isn't overly active but goes nuts for this and seems to burn a lot of energy :).

I've tried that too, doesn't care
  • Options
    My DS liked to sit in a laundry basket with a bunch of toys. DD isn't mobile yet but I think she's gonna be extremely active especially since she's got her big brother.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I invested in a play yard because mine loves tummy time (and it wears her out). She barely gets in more than 2 1-hr naps a day. She's all about seeing what's up in the world.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with ya, sister. I set up a big play pen in the liven room that she plays in for like 30 minutes at a time with just a FEW toys; too many and she gets pissed they are blocking her path. Some balls, a couple stacking cups, and maybe 1 noisy toy. 

I also set up a few toys in our room-we have an open layout so she can crawl all over, pulling up on the bed, looking in the mirror, etc. she likes doing this. Just keep an eye on her

We play "tag" a lot, and pass the ball back and forth. And I try and get her out of the house 2x a day-once to "run" to the grocery store , and once to run an errand or go to the park. 

She's OK with books, but not usually. she prefers to take them from me and read them herself. She doesn't really do the stacking cups, just hits them on things.  I only get the jumper out if i'm lifting weights in the garage; she likes to watch me lift.  We have a walker, she hates it after 5 minutes.  She gets pissed once she realizes I'm not in the play pen with her and she's locked in.  Sometimes i let her climb the stairs a few times, usually wears her out

IDK. I just let the kid wear herself out. She naps 2x a day, usually for 3-4 hours all together. and sleeps all night.
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    basically what I'm saying is I keep her in a secure environment and just let her have at it.  I try changing things up on her throughout the day, but if i need to do something (like clean or do laundry or work ), I just put her in the floor wherever I'm at and let her party while keeping an eye on her. makes for slow progress on stuff but since she doesn't really "engage" with toys, its' what works for us
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    I swear he's going to run before he can walk. I can't even change a diaper or clothe him without having to put it all in backwards while he's crawling away from me. Only time he'll sit stil is if he's sleeping :) haha I feel like I need to tap into this energy somehow. Playpen doesn't work for us because he can't move in there like he wants
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"