June 2014 Moms
Options

How do you pamper yourself and your growing baby?

So yesterday, I started announcing to extended family. The older female relatives were ecstatic and immediately started talking about what not and what to do. They mentioned "pampering" a few times. They talked about feasting on fruit, sleeping and drinking homemade juice(?). They said I should have hubby give me foot rubs (check!). One of them, Mrs Jenny, said "no tight clothes! Embrace your new body."

Now, I had ANOTHER whole idea about pampering. How do you pamper yourself during pregnancy?

Yes many of us do mani/pedis, massages, facials... Acupucture... Yoga... Apply body oil-cream.

In what other ways can we celebrate ourselves and our pregnancy? How can we make our 40 weeks special? STM, what have you done?

What do you do? I'd love to hear.

Re: How do you pamper yourself and your growing baby?

• Options
    DH insisted that I get my hair and nails done once a month :).
    We choose a restaurant to go to on a date once a week- complete with wine for him, and sparkling grape juice for me ;). We also go shopping for my "craving of the week" and enjoy it together :).
    Then once a day, giving me a massage wherever I'm sore.

Pampering can be whatever you really like to do just for yourself :). Maybe going shopping and splurging a little more than you usually would. Taking that extra scoop of ice cream or dipping your strawberries in chocolate. :). You're making a human! All that work deserves a little pampering :D
    Beatrice- bfp September 16 2013, born February 1 2014 died later same day.
  • Options
    Sleeping more. Cleaning less. Buying maternity clothes. Not spazzing about eating desserts. More salon appointments. More fun time with friends, food indulgences, date nights.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    wtfisup said:

Sleeping more. Cleaning less. Buying maternity clothes. Not spazzing about eating desserts. More salon appointments. More fun time with friends, food indulgences, date nights.

This exactly!!!!
  • Options
    Endulging in my cravings, wearing cozy clothes when I'm able to, sleep when I want to, those are my biggest things. I also bought the Doppler against DH's will, but love it and he thinks it's pretty cool too.

imageimage
    DD born on 11/10/2007
    TTC Sept-Nov 2012
    BFP on 10/25/2012 CP 11/1/2012
    Back on BCP
    BFP on 10/13/2013 EDD June 26, 2014 
    Little Girl went to Heaven on January 26, 2014 @ 18 weeks
    TTCAL March 2014-Present
    BFP on 6/20/2014 Blighted Ovum
    BFP on 8/31/2014 It's a GIRL!  EDD May 18, 2015
  • Options
    Yasm33na said:

DH insisted that I get my hair and nails done once a month :).
    We choose a restaurant to go to on a date once a week- complete with wine for him, and sparkling grape juice for me ;). We also go shopping for my "craving of the week" and enjoy it together :).
    Then once a day, giving me a massage wherever I'm sore.

Pampering can be whatever you really like to do just for yourself :). Maybe going shopping and splurging a little more than you usually would. Taking that extra scoop of ice cream or dipping your strawberries in chocolate. :). You're making a human! All that work deserves a little pampering :D

I think your husband needs to have a word with my husband about being the ultimate husband! He sounds amazing! Lol
  • Options
    DH is taking over more of the C stuff that has to happen (bath time and putting her to bed, normally we split that, doing more diapers, etc).  I eat whatever I want and sleep more.  We don't have funds for a lot of out of the house splurges, so I just try to get in some rest and get some time to myself here and there. 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Options
    I love everyone's ideas. I'm alone a lot because my bf travels with the hockey team he works on. So he leaves me nightly voicemails and sends me videos of him singing to me and the baby. It's so cute and relaxes me.
    When he's home we do dates, nightly massages. The biggest thing I asked was to not judge me based on what I do/don't do. I already vissed, in bed... That's pretty much rock bottom lol.
    He's pretty great tho, when he knows he will be gone longer then a week, he gets his guys friends to come over and help me moving things around or from the top shelf haha. And makes random appointments/reservations for me and a few friends. Always a fun random surprise. Getting a call from one of the spas saying he's rented out the spa for the evening for me and 4 friends. That was the best one yet haha
  • Options
    If I'm craving something, I eat it. If DH needs to handle our son for a night, it's done. If I want to go to sleep at 8 pm, I do it. When the warmer weather approaches I plan on getting regular pedicures. Oh and I've been buying whatever cute maternity clothes to cover my growing stomach

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"