April 2014 Moms

UO Thanksgiving edition

It is Thursday, after all! My UO is I used to love going to black Friday at the mall. Haven't been for years though, I'm thinking my opinion might have changed. LOL
BabyFruit Ticker mean_girls_35345

Re: UO Thanksgiving edition

• Loading the player...
  • LaBe44a said:
    I don't like anything pumpkin or cranberry or stuffing.  All I need is bread/rolls, sweet potatoes, turkey, and corn, not touching each other of course.  Oh and we have pasta at our Thanksgiving meal, because we are Italian like that.  :)
    Food must not touch. Ever. I'll trade my turkey for your stuffing
    Stupid comment box...  How do you eat a casserole?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Girl: 2014/4/25  K: Born 2012/02/20
    BFP 12/31/2010; missed m/c @ 6w1d, medical m/c(Misoprostol)@ 13w2d.    My Blog

• I'm glad I have a small family so we don't have the huge holiday gatherings. So stressful! And more pie for me!

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• jellyfish you're a cute little football elf!
    September Siggy Challenge: What I Sing in the Shower: Little Mermaid "Part Of That World"image

• Whipped cream has no place on pumpkin pie. [-(
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanksgiving edition, indeed!

Dark meat is gross
    Pecan pie is gross
    Stuffing should be cooked outside of the turkey

I want to give this a "love it" so badly, but I can't because I love a good pecan pie. Two out of three ain't bad though.
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think I'm the one that has a the true UO and that is I'm THRILLED black friday sales are starting tonight. We've already eaten our dinner and now I'm pumped to go shopping without having to wake up at 3am to do it. 
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Woohoo for black Friday/Thursday sales!!! I go every year except for this one :( bed rest :(
  • I take it back... Baby did not like green bean casserole.
    Why do my boobs look so good?image
    Then I peed on a stick...image
  • @biggerinreallife that's the one I've made for years, it's great. I make his cranberry sauce too! :) Mmm, AB. Lol.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• MissWhis said:

Adults who are very picky eaters annoy the crap out of me. Time to put your big boy/girl pants on and eat a meal like a grown up.

Uh oh... That's me. :)
  • we eat Pakistani green beans (green beans, garlic, coriander, tomatoes and lemon) because green bean casserole is yuck^2
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My husband and SIL think my Thanksgiving meal was better than their mom's. That better not get back to her ;)
  • Green bean casserole with canned crispy onions might be the grossest thing ever created. Only Americans could bastardize a vegetable to such a level.

I asked my new BIL what he wanted me to bring for thanksgiving. Guess what he asked for? I think it must have showed on my face, because he immediately said, "but no worries if it's too much trouble!" I'm not worried about trouble, I'm just grossed out. But apparently it's a family tradition for him and he's new to the family so in throwing him a bone. At least he said they didn't use canned beans. I'm doing an Alton Brown recipe where everything is fresh and made from scratch. We'll see how this goes...
    If it involves Alton Brown and doesn't involve cream of mushroom soup or French's onions, you're all good ;)
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • edited November 2013
    @AcaAwkward It was actually really good! Need to do more green beans to mushroom sauce ratio, but definitely not the gross stuff my grandma use to make. I'm gonna make the sauce again without flour bc it tasted like the best cream of mushroom soup ever. I used three kinds of mushrooms and made pano onion strings from scratch. Alton knows his stuff.
    2014-08-24 15.36.57-2  2014-08-23 17.20.12
    2014-08-24 15.22.00  2014-08-20 12.19.26

Fell in Love: January 2003 
    Married: May 2006
    Baby Girl Born: April 2014
    If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, I will answer you: 
    I am here to live out loud!
  • snmetz7 said:
    i hate cranberry sauce of all kinds
    WHAT KIND OF COMMUNIST ARE YOU?! :-O

I'll really only eat the homemade kind my mom has made forever, but still!!

• snmetz7 said:

i hate cranberry sauce of all kinds

WHAT KIND OF COMMUNIST ARE YOU?! :-O

I'll really only eat the homemade kind my mom has made forever, but still!!

If I give all my cranberry sauce to you can we still be friends?
    June Siggy Challenge

imageMy little Princess
    BFP#2 7/28/13 EDD 4/9/14 Birthday : 4/10/14 Adalyn Nanette :)
    BFP#1 6/29/12 LTMC 10/20/12 (20 weeks) induced delivery 10/22/12
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"