2nd Trimester
Options

What are you doing for acne?

I have extremely bad acne right now. I'm not talking one or two zits, I'm talking a face and chest full of cystic zits. My doctor told me a topical antibiotic is ok to use but didn't give me any recommendations.

Anyone using anything that's working? If yes, where did you get it?

Re: What are you doing for acne?

• Options
    Crazy hormones! :-) My acne got really bad the start of my 2nd trimester. I didn't use antibiotics but I'll tell you what products worked for me. I started using neutrogena naturals purifying cleanser and Dickinson's Natural Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes. My face started to clear up in about a week. I'm in week 26 and my face has really cleared up!
  • Options

Crazy hormones! :-) My acne got really bad the start of my 2nd trimester. I didn't use antibiotics but I'll tell you what products worked for me. I started using neutrogena naturals purifying cleanser and Dickinson's Natural Witch Hazel Oil Controlling Towelettes. My face started to clear up in about a week. I'm in week 26 and my face has really cleared up!

Thanks! I've always had bad acne if I'm off birth control. The very beg it was so clear and then, boom! Horrible! But it's my worst symptom so I guess I can't complain too much :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I will try this too - my shoulders are starting to get bad!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    This might sound weird, but I wash my face with raw honey. You can use regular honey, I just prefer raw. It has antibiotic properties, and works like a dream. I was using it before I got pregnant from a recommendation from a pregnant lady who swore by it.

Honey with cinnamon in it is also awesome. Cinnamon has anti inflammatory properties!
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had acne before I was pregnant and used tazorac which is teratogenic so that had to be stopped and then my face got bad especially around my jaw line- classic hormonal acne- anyway I have been using oil of olay with a clean wash cloth every day for exfoliation and belly products for acne, the scrub and facial wash, that has helped significantly
  • Options
    Personally nothing I do works. I'm just hoping my hormones calm down and I will look normal again someday!
    photo 0c2dff5c-8353-4f48-a664-12cdf783ef5a_zpsd50eeb2f.jpg photo 2568d9e8-2e0a-42f1-9e46-3b839622bae6_zpsa9ad0626.jpg photo 7cad0d91-68fd-48bf-b58a-48256209fbe1_zps4881d0c7.jpg
  • Options
    I wash my face with my regular cleanser and then put Argan oil on both at night and in the morning. Keeps my face moisturized and helped get rid of all the bumps. And I have combination-oily skin to start off with and it helps balance that
  • Options
    I bought a clarisonic and have started using tea trea oil again . I have horrible acne when not on birth control. So far not much cystic acne but lots of tiny white heads. Might start going for facials to see if it helps.
  • Options
    I have two prescriptions from the dermatologist, both safe to use during pregnancy. I use Finacea cream in the morning and an antibiotic gel at night called Cleocin. I wash twice a day with Neutrogena Stress Control, using my Clarisonic brush one of those times. I also use a sulphur clay mask if I have any big breakouts that need drying out. I also get facials every 4 to 6 weeks, and I love them, but in all honesty, I don't know if it really helps OR just helps me to relax :) I have my face 90% under control with all of the above, though my back acne is another story, ugh...

Sweet Baby #1 - BFP 3/27/13 - EDD 12/7/13 - Blighted Ovum and D&C 4/25/13 @ 7w5d
    Sweet Baby #2 - BFP 8/16/13 - EDD 4/26/14 - Natural MC 8/24/13 @ 5w

Sweet Baby #3 - BFP 9/20/13 - EDD 5/31/14 **stick, little miracle, stick**

BabyFetus Ticker

12/15/13 - Oh my gosh... it's a BOY!! 
  • Options
    This will sound weird, but I read it on fb and tried it, and it's amazing. I use coconut oil in the shower. I use it on a wash cloth and gently scrub my face with it. I noticed an improvement right away, and within a week, even my blackheads were starting to disappear. Coconut oil has antibacterial and antiviral properties, plus it moisturizes, so it addresses several common skin issues, without exposing your skin (and baby) to chemicals. It takes a bit to get used to the oily feeling right after the shower, but it absorbs pretty quickly and you get used to it. Also-I use Bare Minerals makeup, and the coconut oil prepares my skin beautifully for the foundation. Much better than any primer I've ever used! Good luck :)
  • Options
    Ugh my back is constantly breaking out. I'm not doing anything different because I have no idea what to use!

It's a BOY

• Options
    This will sound weird, but I read it on fb and tried it, and it's amazing. I use coconut oil in the shower. I use it on a wash cloth and gently scrub my face with it. I noticed an improvement right away, and within a week, even my blackheads were starting to disappear. Coconut oil has antibacterial and antiviral properties, plus it moisturizes, so it addresses several common skin issues, without exposing your skin (and baby) to chemicals. It takes a bit to get used to the oily feeling right after the shower, but it absorbs pretty quickly and you get used to it. Also-I use Bare Minerals makeup, and the coconut oil prepares my skin beautifully for the foundation. Much better than any primer I've ever used! Good luck :)
    I might try this. I have heard similar things about it. I would think oil=breakouts though .. ?

It's a BOY

• Options
    That's what I thought, but it never caused any break outs for me. It's pretty much my miracle beauty product. Also- I hope this isn't tmi, but it makes a great lube as well. As I mentioned before, coconut oil has anitbacterial, antiviral, AND anti-fungal properties, which is great because regular use keeps the ph balance just about perfect in the lady parts! Especially during pregnancy, when women tend to be more prone to yeast and bacterial infections. Definitely give it a try for your face though. You'll like it.
  • Options
    RedInLoveRedInLove member
    edited December 2013
    I'm starting to break out on my temples and on my chin. Driving me crazy! I'm definitely picking up something new this week to try to get it under control, hopefully I can find something that is recommended here.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    I feel ya - I've got acne on my face, chest, and back.  My skin wasn't this bad as a teen!!  

I went and saw the dermatologist for a yearly skin check & asked about it.  The doctor prescribed clindamycin lotion which is safe during pregnancy.  She also suggested washing with dandruff shampoo - the Pyrithione zinc in the formula will help with the bacteria.  Some formulas have sulfur too (I didn't find any at CVS) which might be drying, but I'm so gross, dry skin would be better than oily/acne.  

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Most of my face is pretty good, it's mainly my jaw area that gets really congested.
    I got myself a Clarasonic on Black Friday. I also use a 3% glycolic acid cleanser and 10% glycolic moisturizer given to me by my esthetician who I really trust. She used them throughout her pregnancy. So far I like them a lot. My skin isn't smooth but I'm not getting massive breakouts. Hoping to see more improvement with the Clarisonic!
  • Options
    I use all the same products I used before I was pregnant. Facial wipes to remove makeup and sweat before cleansing; twice-a-day cleansing with my Clarisonic and an acne-specific cleanser; twice-a-week clay masks with sulfur and tea tree oil; once-daily alpha and beta hydroxy toner; once-a-week glycolic acid peel; once-a-week mechanical exfoliation with a microdermabrasion scrub; Salicylic acid gel, straight tea tree oil, or benzoyl peroxide cream for intense spot treatment.

I use oil-free cosmetics that don't contain cyclopentasiloxane, and I clean my brushes with 91% isopropyl alcohol after every use.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    BeesKnees181BeesKnees181 member
    edited December 2013
    I suggest going to your nearest Lush store.  I went in a few weeks ago when I started breaking out, and they hooked me up with some amazing and all-natural products.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"