Babies on the Brain

Could I possibly be pregnant?

This is going to get a little confusing but I'm going to go ahead and tell you all anyway...

I'm a horrible tracker of my period and all but luckily I have a wonderful app on my phone that lets me know when my period is due & when I am ovulating.. (M Cycles if you're wondering).. It's been surprisingly RIGHT ON... Until now. My last period started October 17th (when I started spotting) and then it was a full on period by October 19th.  According to the app, my period was due November 14th.. I am officially 11 days past my due period. I was so sure I was pregnant until I took 3 pregnancy tests (at 3 days late, 5 days late & 9 days late) and all 3 said negative. Today (November 25th), I started having some brownish spotting (but no blood or anything like that) and only when I wipe after using the restroom.

Slight cramps (mostly in my right ovary) but no real period. I have noticed that I'm urinating more than usual (I hate public restrooms and got to where I have been okay not using the restroom at work..but now I am pretty much being forced to use the restroom at work)...

I generally am a pretty tired person but lately I am just exhausted at night after work (I'm an even coordinator but on weekdays I literally sit at a desk all day... nothing exhausting about it)... 

I haven't been anymore stressed than usual or anything. I've actually been happier than ever lately... has anyone else had this problem or know what the problem might be? Has anyone had these things happen and had a positive turn out? I have an almost 6 year old daughter and I'd love to give her a sibling. My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years and he's being very supportive of the situation, even though we're both pretty confused at the signs....

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong area or board or whatever. I'm new to this and I just wanted some advice. Thank you for ANY/ALL replies :)

Re: Could I possibly be pregnant?

• You could go to a doctor. Their blood tests are more sensitive than HPT.
  • Loading the player...
  • Generally it's recommended to take a test once a week until you get a positive or your period. If you go 60 days without a period call your doctor.

I would recommend you start charting for real - meaning, start charting your BBT. There's no way to confirm your period is "late " if you don't know when you ovulate. There's no way to know when/if you ovulate if you don't temp.

I HIGHLY recommend that you go to the Trying To Get Pregnant board and read the newbie blog. :)
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • cmelliott said:
    You could go to a doctor. Their blood tests are more sensitive than HPT.
    Please ignore this advice. This is a horrible waste of resources. Just chill and wait it out. 
  • cmelliott said:
    Please ignore this advice. This is a horrible waste of resources. Just chill and wait it out. 
    Well if she can't wait long enough that she gets on here to ask she could just visit someone who actually has answers, better than a home pregnancy test. I didn't tell her she had to, only that their tests are more sensitive.
  • You could possibly be pregnant.

Oh wait, was I supposed to read the whole essay and then answer?

@Mysterious_wife is wise.  Follow her advice.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
  • cmelliott said:
    cmelliott said:
    Well if she can't wait long enough that she gets on here to ask she could just visit someone who actually has answers, better than a home pregnancy test. I didn't tell her she had to, only that their tests are more sensitive.

Actually the pee tests at the doctors are sometimes less sensitive than the ones over the counter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You included the dates of your last period in your OP, but that information is fairly irrelevant to predicting when your next period will be and whether or not your late. What day did you ovulate? That would be more helpful. Because to me it sounds like you ovulated late and you're about to start your period.

Please don't waste a doctors appointment until you go 60 days without a period. If the HPT is negative, then you're not pregnant at this time.

And I'm not sure what information you think we would have the the HPT would not have already told you.

imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yes the pee tests at the doctors office are pretty cheap but usually just as accurate. 

I suggest going to the doctor to make sure you don't have a UTI. Fatigue and frequent urination are signs of that. Infection can also cause your period to be later than you think. 

I agree with PP, don't go to a doctor just for UPT or the serum HCG test at this time. 
  • Oh and might I add that I just joined this site and this is my first post. Due to the unpleasant ladies on here, I am going to go to another website to discuss my baby plans.
  • blap13 said:

@brittney, wow, I am appalled at the responses you got from those horrible ladies. All you ladies are rude and lack any empathy or humanity.  I seriously feel sorry for your kids for those of you who claim to be mothers.

If you want to know with absolute certainty, go to the doc. I am not sure if these ladies work for Obama or something and don't want you going to the doc out of fear of increasing their health premiums, but screw them. Do as you feel. Good luck!

How original. And loe! I've seen the error of my ways! Please. This is clearly not the site for you. There are plenty of glitter and rainbow forums that you'll be able to just make yourself right at home. Buy bye.
    imageimageimage
    BFP 6/15/14   EDD: 2/24/15

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ducktale said:

blap13 said:

@brittney, wow, I am appalled at the responses you got from those horrible ladies. All you ladies are rude and lack any empathy or humanity.  I seriously feel sorry for your kids for those of you who claim to be mothers.

If you want to know with absolute certainty, go to the doc. I am not sure if these ladies work for Obama or something and don't want you going to the doc out of fear of increasing their health premiums, but screw them. Do as you feel. Good luck!

How original. And loe! I've seen the error of my ways!

Please. This is clearly not the site for you. There are plenty of glitter and rainbow forums that you'll be able to just make yourself right at home. Buy bye.

Wow. I really wish I wasn't on mobile. That deserves and escalated quickly gif for sure! Hahaha
  • blap13 said:

Haha! That reminded me of when I used TK and brides would say "I feel sorry for your husband/fiancé" to other brides. Glad to see there are some of those types of ladies on TB to provide some comic relief :)
  • Man... I have missed this place!! <3 Let the fun begin! 
  • blap13 said:

Bless your heart...
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"