October 2013 Moms

Gassy uncomfortable baby

Is anyone having issues with their baby being gassy? I feel like she's so uncomfortable, she's straghtining her back and kicks her legs up. I'm just starting to really notice it. She also has hiccups all the time and after pooping she always calms and falls asleep. I'm currently pumping And she gets only BM except for her bedtime bottle I mix in 2oz of formula and to be honest she doesn't seem to have those issues after the mixed formula bottle. I plan to call my doctor on Monday but has anyone had this issue? Suggestions?

Re: Gassy uncomfortable baby

• Gas drops.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• I have some, I've started using them but I don't know if they're helping.
  • Loading the player...
  • Mylicon drops or gripe water...lay your LO across your legs face down (the pressure helps the belly)
  • I'm also wondering if there's something I should eliminate from my diet. I don't really eat beans or cabbage which is what I've heard the most about but I hope I'm not eating something that's making her gassy.
  • Could be but you will have to watch for a pattern. You may need to spend more time burping. And sometimes babies are just gassy.

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• Gas drops for sure. I cut onions out of my diet too. Also, watch vegetables with a lot of fiber like broccoli.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Gripe water seemed to have constipated my baby, heads up. Gas drops work for us
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My LO is the same way. I'm trying drops also. Sometimes they seem to really work, but other times not so much. We have his one month check up right after thanksgiving so I plan on talking to the pediatrician about it then. I might give gripe water a try too! Also, thud might be s stupid question...but are Mylicon drops different than gas drops? I looked for Mylicon drops at the pharmacy but could only find "little tummy" gas drops.

<3 Brantley Richard - Born October 28, 2013 <3

<3 Baby #2 due to arrive May 18, 2015 <3

• Jessjames210Jessjames210 member
    edited November 2013
    The ones I'm using are the little remedies, it seemed like they weren't working however I gave it about an hour and then she slept for 5 hours, they might actually be working better than I thought, she's never slept for 5 hours.
  • The mylicon drops were recalled and taken off all shelves however they will be put back on. The pharmacist I spoke to said there wasn't a reason for the recall so they should be putting them back on the shelves soon. I used the little remedies as well and they worked ok...
    Lilypie - (x1UE)                                               

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpg 

• I'm also wondering if there's something I should eliminate from my diet. I don't really eat beans or cabbage which is what I've heard the most about but I hope I'm not eating something that's making her gassy.

Anything from citrus fruits, onions, garlic, broccoli, cabbage, beans, chocolate, dairy and so on could be causing the gas. Track what you are eating and watch for a pattern.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our son was the same way and we were doing the same thing w/ his night time bottle. I finally figured out it was the formula giving him issues so I completely eliminated it and now we have a different baby! He still gets gassy, but he doesn't get uncomfortable, scream, and draw his legs up. He just passes it w/ ease.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 

BFP #2: 2/16/13...Owen Ray born 6 weeks early 9/9/13

photo e0fadb54-1cd9-4c5f-8086-5e25d4789dbe_zps5ef23e41.jpg
  • HFrizzle's suggestion is good. if it's dairy it can take a couple weeks to see full results, but you will see an improvement more quickly.

I BF and LO was having similar issues. Our pediatrician said there can be a genetic component. My husband had a sensitivity to milk as a baby so the first thing I cut out was dairy products. My LO is doing so much better. Good luck!
  • Drink fennel tea & try infant probiotics. Has worked wonders for me!
  • Thanks ladies!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"