June 2013 Moms
Options

Stupid GTKY question

What medicine(s) make you the most out of it? I ask because I am currently loopy from taking NyQuil.  I don't know why it hits me so hard, but it's worse than some medicines that are supposed to have even worse side effects.

I think the only thing that I could definitely say was worse is Ambien.  I have always had trouble sleeping, but after I tried Ambien seven or eight years ago, I decided sleeping issues were better than that medicine!

Re: Stupid GTKY question

• Options
    WasNotWas said:
    Benadryl knocks me on my ass.
    See that's one that I always heard was supposed to be bad, but it never affected me much, which is weird because both that and NyQuil have antihistamines.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't remember what it's called, but I had to take some prescription meds for vertigo- I was so out of it.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    BC&LM said:

WasNotWas said:

See that's one that I always heard was supposed to be bad, but it never affected me much, which is weird because both that and NyQuil have antihistamines.

With DS1 I had a reaction to the csection meds so they gave me some and I passed out for like 6 hours. The longest I slept for almost 9 months!!
                                                                  #Bodymber14 #Bodygate #itsMillerTime

Bradley 05-04-11 & Tyler 06-18-13
  • Options
    I can't take nyquil. It makes me feel like I want to just do laps around my house while trying to get out my skin. Crazy.  image
  • Options

Mindf&ck reactions to codeine and compazine. Woke up first night home with baby after taking norco and didn't know who baby or husband were. Almost institutionalized myself.

That's crazy. And I thought Ambien was bad, but the worst I didn't remember were conversations I had while taking it. I guess you won't be taking that med again!!!
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Most medicine that's supposed to make you sleepy, makes my mind race. Cough medicine with codeine is the worst. Benadryl is the only thing that actually makes me sleepy.

I was also on magnesium after LO was born due to preeclampsia. Now that made me out if it!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Benadryl makes me pass out within 15 minutes. I cannot stay awake. NyQuil made my heart race before but generally it is the only thing I feel helps when I have a cold. (Or DayQuil)

image image

• Options
    WasNotWas said:

+1

• Options
    Hardly anything anymore but hydrocodone works sometimes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Morphine made me hallucinate. And throw up -.- then demarol knocked me out and let me sleep. I don't remember if it was oxy or hydrocodone pills that made me super dizzy and my heart race. Tried one and never again!
  • Options
    Benedryl and NyQuil do the job for me. After my c-section was taking only Motrin because I'm seriously allergic to codeine (and sulfa a sinus infection drug) so they didn't want to chance it. I'm always weary of taking new meds because having a full on body rash is no fun!

image      image    

IVF #1 September 2012, beta #1: 213; beta #2: 580. Expecting Twins! 
    EDD 6/9 lost one angel at 9w3d :( 
    Baby boy arrived 6/1/13
    FET #1 10/14, BFP -Chemical Pregnancy :(
    Everyone Welcome

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    WasNotWas said:

Same here. It's my kryptonite. It makes me high as a kite. Much more than ambien, pain pills, anything. Heaven forbid I have an allergic reaction. It basically means I am down for the count.

• Options
    Nothing I've taken has ever given me much of a reaction. I hadn't taken any sleep medicine before and when I was being induced with LO they gave me an ambien so I could sleep. It didn't work I was awake all night feeling totally normal. Even when on pain meds at the hospital I felt 100% normal. That being said tequila is my kryptonite.
  • Options
    @phishgirl29 I have a sulfa drug allergy too!!

• Options

@34blondie we have to map our genes or something, our similarities are crazy

• Options
    I'm sensitive, so most medications effect me in some way or another.  The one that was the worst was Kepra.  I'm part of the 3% that take it that sleep for 24 hours.  I mean, I would wake up, but be super groggy and couldn't hardly open my eyes let alone function.  Sudafed does that to me too.  I take it and 30 minutes later, it's lights out.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hardly anything anymore but hydrocodone works sometimes.

+1

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    Decongestants make me super jittery and anything that's supposed to knock you out usually keeps me up.  Somehow that doesn't seem fair, especially when I'm sick :/

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"