January 2012 Moms
Options

re introduction

It has been a LONG time since I have been here... I think once DS was born I migrated to the 0-3 etc boards and then jumped to the TTC, and got knocked up and so I am on Oct 13 with DD. Thought I would see how everyone is doing and see if you would have me back. I am not on as much as I used to be seeing that adjusting to 2 kids is a lot harder then I thought, but we are getting there. DS is doing better, he is excited to see his sister now (but won't hold her and I am not pushing it). We are dealing with screaming (this too is calming down..thank goodness) but the last few days if ANYONE comes to visit even if he knows them, he tries to climb up my leg and looks like he is groaning in misery!! Lol! He calms down and then is fine after a bit. I am not sure if this is due to approaching the big 2 or from being a big brother.... or maybe both :P I am a SAHM, been with DH for 5 yrs, and 99% sure that we are DONE having kids at this point. Hope you all are having a great week so far!

Re: re introduction

• Options
    I haven't been on here in a long time either. I'm mostly on September 2013 board now. DS started a lovely hitting phase when DD was about 3 weeks and is still going strong in this phase. I think it's the combination of approaching turning two and having a new baby sister. It seems that he's getting a little better from us trying to teach him to not hit anyone, but especially his sister. I'm just ready for this phase to be over. 

I'm sure your son will grow out of his phase too before you know it too. I'm a SAHM, but we are *not* done having children. We want 1-2 more. I love having kids around even though it can be a challenge, I enjoy it most of the time hehe.
    imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS is doing great and is such a cutie! He is extremely active and a daredevil so he keeps me on my toes. He is a man of a few words but I've seen a huge difference in him verbally over the past two weeks. I am also a SAHM but started taking him to music classes and story time at the local library. I think him trying to communicate with the other kids is what is really drawing out his words.

We are expecting a little girl in about three weeks. Honestly I'm praying every second that she comes as soon as possible as I am so uncomfortable and can't even pick up DS anymore. We are definitely done after this one. I couldn't imagine chasing two monsters around while pregnant lol.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LPO198 YES! I was SO uncomfortable pregnant with DD, so much so that my swelling "down under" was BETTER the morning after I pushed her out!!! It is so much more taxing on your body when you cant lay down and take a break because you are chasing down a toddler. DS is also a man of few words. We started working with a speech therapist and hoping to see some progress :)
  • Options
    @LPO198 YES! I was SO uncomfortable pregnant with DD, so much so that my swelling "down under" was BETTER the morning after I pushed her out!!! It is so much more taxing on your body when you cant lay down and take a break because you are chasing down a toddler. DS is also a man of few words. We started working with a speech therapist and hoping to see some progress :)
    OMG yes! The swelling in my feet is ridiculous because I'm up and chasing DS all the time instead of elevating them. I feel bad that I'm not enjoying this pregnancy as much as I did with DS but I am just in so much pain. I can't believe I'm looking forward to L&D so much lol.
    I spoke to the ped about DS not talking but said birth to three wouldn't even evaluate him until he turned two at the end of December. He also said that from everything I described that he would likely not be a candidate. He understands everything perfectly and "knows" words but just refuses to say them. For example, he can point to over 25 animals in his animal book when you ask him but he refuses to say the words. Though I have to say that since I started to take him around the other little kids a few weeks ago he has made huge leaps verbally. He is starting to repeat words and instead of just pointing to and grunting at something he wants he will say the word. Unfortunately he is also starting to pick up snatching of toys and pushing, which really upsets me but I guess it's the nature of the beast. GL with your son's speech therapy! Hopefully he'll pick it up quickly and be chatting away in no time.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Options
    I've also not been around here in FOREVER! I posted a bit when I was actually pregnant, but then migrated to a FB group! Thought I'd check in on the boards & see how everyone is doing... :) Not to mention the fact that I never have time to actually get on the computer these days! haha ;)
  • Options
    I still like to peek my head in here, but I'm not super active on the bump due to time constraints! We welcomed our second child, a boy (Ian Seamus), on September 3rd! The two are keeping me quite busy, but I love watching their interactions!
    BFP #1 : 05.08.11 : EDD : 01.16.12 : DOB : 01.15.12
    BFP #2 : 12.26.12 : EDD : 09.08.13 : DOB : 09.03.13
  • Options
    @anewmrsS Congrats to you!! I had DD on Sept 28th :D Yes, 2 are very busy indeed! How are they getting along? DS is doing better with DD now and as she becomes more alert I notice him being a little more into her. I agree, it is fun to watch it evolve :) Enjoy!
  • Options
    At first DD was totally uninterested. Now she's all over him, all the time! He loves her too, always smiles when she comes by him!
    BFP #1 : 05.08.11 : EDD : 01.16.12 : DOB : 01.15.12
    BFP #2 : 12.26.12 : EDD : 09.08.13 : DOB : 09.03.13
  • Options
    I just wanted introduce our new DD. One week old already and we are so in love. DS absolutely loves her and wants to hold her all the time. He's like a bull in a china shop though lol. He's getting better with gentle kisses (no more head buts) but then he gets excited and tried to squeeze her arm or leg. She needs to get big quick to survive her brother lol

My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"