Baby Names
Options

Middle name for Dean

DH and I are now leaning towards Dean, but have not finalized a middle name. DS1's MN is DH, his dad and several generations of grandfathers' MNs, Andrew. I'd like to do that with DS2 on my side this time. My dad and grandfather's FN is Jesse and MN is Lynwood. I'm not in love with either name, but love the meaning behind it. WDYT? Dean Jesse or Dean Lynwood? LN is very common 1 syllable name. Any other suggestions?
Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Middle name for Dean

• Options
    Unfortunately I can't use my maiden name. I married a man with the same LN... Haha promise we aren't related. LN is like the 2nd or 3rd most common LN. My moms MN is terrible. The only other family name I'd say is usable is Grant.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I might be odd man out but I don't worry too much about the flow of FN and MN. Most people don't know my MN and I'm certainly never called by FN MN. Dean Lynwood might sound better but if Dean Jesse has more meaning to you, I would go with that.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree Dean Lynwood has a better flow but if Jesse means more to you then use it. I don't care much FN MN flow if you love the names or they have meaning to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Lynwood was always my first choice since we used the family mn for DS1 and we would be using my family m&m for DS2. I just wasn't sure since it's a little different name. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    MN* not m&m haha
  • Options
    I would go with Dean Lynwood. I love the meaning behind it. 

If his whole name was 1 syllable ( Dean Grant 1 syllable Last name) it would not flow right. 

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Options
    Lynwood.
    I love the name Dean, that's the name we had picked out for DD but we had a girl instead!
  • Options
    Love Dean! It's DS1 name. I like Dean Lynwood best of your options. Good luck!

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

• Options
    I think Dean Lynwood is good. I would go with that.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I think we're going to go with Lynwood :) It is going to mean a lot to my dad, and I can't wait to surprise him!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"