Parenting after 35
Options

Dudes, this board is slow.

I know I'm rarely on here anymore, but I'm still bummed that our little board seems almost abandoned.

So GTKY anyone?

Who are your kids?

What are their ages?

Who is your H/partner?

How long have you been together?

What's your job?

What do you wish was your job?

What's a little known fact about you?

Re: Dudes, this board is slow.

• Options
    I'll go
    stever said:

I know I'm rarely on here anymore, but I'm still bummed that our little board seems almost abandoned.

So GTKY anyone?

Who are your kids? M and H. Both boys

What are their ages?4 and 1

Who is your H/partner?Hubs.

How long have you been together?Known each other 15 years, together 14, married almost 5.

What's your job?SAHM

What do you wish was your job?College history professor or novelist. Or both.

What's a little known fact about you? I've lived in 5 different countries.

• Options
    stever said:

So GTKY anyone?

Who are your kids? I have two girls.

What are their ages?19 years and 21 months.

Who is your H/partner? 

How long have you been together? 7 years together, married 4

What's your job? Accountant but trying to decide what else I want to do.  

What do you wish was your job? I'm trying to figure that out.

What's a little known fact about you? No idea. Not a super interesting life. lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    stever said:

So GTKY anyone?

Who are your kids? Baby boy F

What are their ages? 12 weeks

Who is your H/partner? Hubby

How long have you been together? Together 11.5 years, married 4 years.

What's your job? Business owner.

What do you wish was your job? Writer.

What's a little known fact about you? I like to cook.

• Options
    Who are your kids? Cody and Max

What are their ages? Cody is 2, Max is almost 4 weeks

Who is your H/partner? Jay

How long have you been together? Friends for 17 years, a couple for 13 years, married for 5 years

What's your job? Manufacturing/cost accountant

What do you wish was your job? Baker in my own bakery

What's a little known fact about you? I still have a baby tooth and was born without wisdom teeth.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Who are your kids? - What are their ages?

I have a 25 yo StepDaughter who finished her Masters at UGA last May and looks like she will be getting engaged to her BF after he takes his Bar Exam.  

I have an 18 yo SS that still lives with us.  He is my trial and I will always worry about him.  He blew his SATS and may not get into the college he wants...and Community Colleges are going to create some...anyway some positive thoughts for his retake. 

Finally, I have an almost 5 year old DD.  She was born 4 months before my 38th birthday.  She is funny, smart (a really great memory), very energetic and moving into a bit sassy.  

Who is your H/partner?

My DH is a wonderful guy 90% of the time.   When we met, he had just made E8 in the USAF.  He ended up making Chief right after we had DD.  We spent 3 years in Germany before he finally retired from the Air Force after 28 years (we did not like where they were sending us next).  

He is now the Interim Director for one of our County's major departments and once they hire a replacement, will be going back to the head of HR.  We are really happy he did not go into military contracting after he retired.  

We met in 2005 and married in 2006. 

What's your job?

Before I married military and was taken away from it all, I was a lobbyist and PAC Coordinator for a Major Military Association.  I specialized in Health Care.  I was only able to work after marriage for a year before we had to move.  I got a job at an HBCU for about 2 months until my dream job of being a Patient Advocate came about (I miss that job).  

But then we moved to FL, then I got preggers and then we moved to Germany.  Until DD is in school full time, it is not financially viable for me to work.  I literally would be working to pay her before and after PreSchool care.  

I would love to go back to my Patient Advocacy job.  It was emotionally hard, but also so rewarding when I was able to get my clients their help.  I wouldn't mind going back to my Assoc either.  But DH refuses to live in the DC area....

I testified before Congress. 

;);)
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    Who are your kids? Sophia ("Fifi")

What are their ages? She's 1.5 years

Who is your H/partner? Greg ("Groovy")

How long have you been together? friends for 24 years, as a couple almost 7 years (love at first sight 18 years later), married 3 years

What's your job? F/T drug and alcohol counselor, P/T therapist in private practice

What do you wish was your job? Rich and eccentric multi-millionairre philanthropist

What's a little known fact about you? I have never owned a car with a trunk and I stabbed my own foot with a pitchfork when I was in 7th grade.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It's very slow, geesh!

Who are your kids?
    5.75 yr old son

Married 8.5 years

What's your job?
    Academic Support Coordinator

Academic Support Coordinator 3 days per week during the academic year and alternating 3 days/2 days per week during the summer.

Not sure

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Smudges*MomSmudges*Mom member
    edited November 2013
    Who are your kids?
    One child, LO.

What are their ages?
    He is four.

Who is your H/partner?
    DH is a career soldier, so that means we move. A lot.

Together 8 years, married 7.

What's your job?
    SAHM.

Non-profit stand-up trainer.

When I was eleven years old, I wanted to be a Presbyterian minister when I grew-up.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Who are your kids?
    1 boy, (bbK)

What are their ages?

Just turned 2yo

Who is your H/partner?

Big Cheeze

"Dated" in college (FWB, really).  Then he played minor pro on the EC for awhile and we lost touch.  Then reunited and dated for 7 or 8 years.  Been married 5.  God, that's a long time.

What's your job?

SAHM.  But I worked in finance prior to this.  Also, I work part-time at a company we have a 20% stake in.  It's a good set-up for right now.

I would love to go back to personal training. Or dog walking.  That would be awesome too.

I actually like to clean my house but I hate (HATE!!) anything to do with the kitchen.  Dishes, cooking, mopping, etc….I despise it.  I would rather eat saltines than cook myself a meal.

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

• Options
    Who are your kids? Cody and Max

What are their ages? Cody is 2, Max is almost 4 weeks

Who is your H/partner? Jay

How long have you been together? Friends for 17 years, a couple for 13 years, married for 5 years

What's your job? Manufacturing/cost accountant

What do you wish was your job? Baker in my own bakery

What's a little known fact about you? I still have a baby tooth and was born without wisdom teeth.

Wow to the bolded. My lower middle permanent teeth started coming in behind my baby teeth so I had crazy shark mouth for a while, but not too long. It's nuts that you still have a baby tooth.
  • Options

;);)

Rad.
  • Options

What do you wish was your job? Rich and eccentric multi-millionairre philanthropist

What's a little known fact about you? I have never owned a car with a trunk and I stabbed my own foot with a pitchfork when I was in 7th grade.

Girl after my own heart. And ha, I mean ouch, to the pitchfork.
  • Options
    stever said:

;);)

Rad.
    I was nervous.  I may or may not have gotten physically ill before hand.  But it was only a small committee, so it wasn't too bad. 
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options
    Ilumine said:
    stever said:

;);)

Rad.
    I was nervous.  I may or may not have gotten physically ill before hand.  But it was only a small committee, so it wasn't too bad. 
    Serious, serious, serious props for getting through that though. I would have passed out.
  • Options
    dragonfly711dragonfly711 member
    edited November 2013

So GTKY anyone?

Who are your kids? I have 7 furry ones  3 cats, 2 dogs and 2 horses

What are their ages?Cats  1yr, 9yrs, 10 yrs,  dogs:  Jack Russell will be 13, Golden 3,  Horses:  Judy is 27,  BH is 25 have had them since they were young.

Who is your H/partner? Nick

How long have you been together? Jan will be 8 yrs, married 3 next July

What's your job?  I have 2. 1st career:  I am a licensed veterinary technician,  2 career: Elementary teacher.  I usually work at the vets now in the summers.

What do you wish was your job?  The 2 I have!!!

What's a little known fact about you?  I am left handed,  hubby and I met online!!!

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

Who are your kids? Hurricane Jude, Rocco the Wonder Pooch & Logan the Grump Pup

What are their ages?The human child is 2.5, Roc is about 4 & Logan is 15.

Who is your H/partner?Grand Master J. :)

How long have you been together? Dating since 2007 & Married since 2008

What's your job? I'm a secretary.

What do you wish was your job? Drummer on tour with a Christian rock band.

What's a little known fact about you? I love jury duty. I've served like 3 or 4 times & I'd serve again in a heartbeat.

• Options
    stever said:

So GTKY anyone?

Who are your kids?  4 boys 15, 13, 12, 11 and lo boy on the way!

What are their ages?

Who is your H/partner?

How long have you been together? married 16 months...

What's your job? accounts receivable and mom, wife, chaffeur, cook, sometime maid, etc

What do you wish was your job? wish I only had my *real* job, sahm

• Options
    ::creeps through thread::
  • Options
    Who are your kids? 2 DSs

What are their ages? DS1 will be 5 on Monday, DS2 will be 1 week old tomorrow.

Who is your H/partner?How long have you been together? DH and I have been together 16 years in June, married 8 years in October.

What's your job? Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor

What do you wish was your job? I love my job and what I do. I have a flex schedule so I'm off on Mondays. I just wish it was closer to my home. My commute is 45-60 one way.

What's a little known fact about you? I love yoga and wish I could take a class everyday.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Who are your kids?  Evelyn Della

What are their ages? Born 11/15, she's just over 4 months

Who is your H/partner? DH is Todd

How long have you been together?  We've been together for just over 5 years, our 2 year anniversary is in May.

What's your job? Purchasing Manager

What do you wish was your job?  I really enjoy my job and the company I work for

What's a little known fact about you?  I love going to the dentist.  Love it!  I would go everyday if Insurance would pay for it.  I love how clean my teeth feel afterward.  That being said, I've never had any major dental work aside from braces and wisdom teeth that have been bad experiences.

• Options
    So GTKY anyone?  We do need some action around here.  Thanks for this.  :)

Who are your kids?  One 6.5 year old daughter.  Who wants to be a... Surgeon, Electrical Engineer and Rockstar

Who is your H/partner?   I am married to a guy named Greg.  (4.5 years younger than me.)  We celebrated our 10 year anniversary last September

How long have you been together?  Since Dec 2002

What's your job?  I own a company.  We manufacture a beauty and wellness product in Morocco...  

What do you wish was your job?  See above... it's pretty cool!  Natural product that works amazingly for everyone (even newborns!)  And we hire single moms over there to do the work for us.  (Women who would otherwise not have a chance in life.)

What's a little known fact about you?  I'm naturally a blonde, but have been dying my hair DARK since I was 14.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - (C6hS)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"