February 2013 Moms

How much is a meal?

How much do your LOs eat in a solids meal? DD eats way more solids in the evening than in the morning. If she only has a couple bites in the morning, does it still count as a meal?

Re: How much is a meal?

• Right now DS is eating three frozen ice cubes of whatever puree I give him. When he eats table food, there's no real measurement. I make enough to account for a lot falling on the floor, and some making it into his mouth lol. He also will eat about 1/3-1/2 of a container of Greek yogurt (the single serving containers, not the quarts lol). He'll eat about half an egg and one packet's worth of oatmeal. I just consider a meal whatever he eats until he shows no interest anymore, whether it's a lot or a little.
  • RynleighRynleigh
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    Varies from baby to baby, and on what they're eating. Just the other night, James ate a few bites of chili, a quarter cup of carrot coins, and a string cheese, while Simon ate a quarter cup of chili, a whole cup of carrot coins, and a string cheese.They both get the same stuff as the other one every time, but we never try to make them eat more when they start turning their heads (tho we do sometimes cut Simon off and give him water or milk instead - because he doesn't seem to have that "I'm full" trigger working correctly, yet... boy will eat himself into vomiting)
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• I consider him actually accepting food a meal. DS generally turns his head when I try and feed him.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
    PeanutR1
  • My weird kid totally varies. Some days, she'll do 2-3 oz a meal (purees). Today, she finished a 6 oz jar for lunch!

I may be a big ol B sometimes… but...