Orange County Babies

How was your stay at Mission Hospital?

Will be delivering in Mission Viejo in a month and was wondering how it was to everyone. :) I looked on the online site, but I'm still curious what actual moms thought! Did your hubby/spouse stay with you all night? Was he able to get three, free meals in the cafeteria like some other hospitals do? Are the nurses nice? We're also registered for a tour there in December and I can't wait to check out the Maternity Center! :)

Thank you for any responses!

Re: How was your stay at Mission Hospital?

• I loved it! The nurses were so great- helpful and sweet :)  Hubby stayed with me one night, Mom stayed with me the 2nd.  They will get vouchers for meals and parking. It couldn't have been a better experience for us :) Wish you the best!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @gummybear2012 and @egannon979 I'm a FTM recently relocated to Dana Point, then as of last week Mission Viejo (from AZ). I'm due July 2014 and will delivery at Mission Hospital. How was your experience? Any tips or classes you liked/disliked? Did you go to Milkalocious in MV by chance for BFing tips? Lastly, any pediatricians you like? Thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • @chrinikki1

I just took the BF class at Xpecting in Costa Mesa and it was very informative. My husband even found the class to be useful!
  • I loved it!  The nurses at Mission were wonderful and my overall experience could not have been better :)  We went on a "hospital tour" but it was done at an annex of the hospital and was done virutally.  That was the one bummer but with security the way it is on a maternity floor, you understand why :)  I did not go to MIlkalocious but only because my Ped recommended a lactation consultant through their office.  Our lactation consultant was GREAT! So helpful, checked in with us after the appt and we knew she truly cared.  Our Ped is Dr. Elizabeth Dyer through Coastal Kids in Laguna Niguel by the hospital.  She was referred to us by my OBGYN and we've been really happy with her.  She only works Monday and Wednesdays and that's when we schedule wellness checks but we have also met a couple of others (Dr. Jugant and Dr. Saltera) that I would feel perfectly content taking my daughter to if Dr. Dyer wasn't available. I've noticed that some female peds are also SAHM's so they only work a couple days a week.   Coastal Kids has an office in Newport that is open on the weekends.  Another great Dr I've heard about is Dr. Eric Ball in Lake Forest.   We just already knew about Coastal Kids before him that's why we go there.  Good luck! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The nurses were very helpful. Each nurse was good at something. For instance, one was really good about tell me what to expect, what medicines I would be given, and when. Others were good at giving tips for BF. The only complaint I have was all of the interruptions. I felt a lot of various vendors stopped by. I found it to be exhausting and overwhelming dealing with all the extra unnecessary people stopping by. However, the facility was nice, especially the postpartum room. A lactation consultant does stop by. I didn't feel I needed much more extra support since all the nurses were able to help with BF. I did take the BF class Mission Hospital offered and found that to be helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"