2nd Trimester

24 Weeks pregnant, But uterus measures 32 weeks?

I went to my OB today for a check up. I just had my anatomy scan at 21 weeks. He was measuring 24 at the time, but they keep saying he's exactly where he should be.
Today, I went to the check up, and my OB measured me and kept coming up at 32 weeks instead of 24. She re-measured 6 times, and couldn't figure out what was wrong. She was a little worried about it, so made me another anatomy scan for within the next two weeks. Has anyone else had this happen..?
She had said either he's a really big guy, or my due date is WAY off...

I'm just a little anxious!!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 24 Weeks pregnant, But uterus measures 32 weeks?

• OH and this is my first pregnancy!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Im not going to be much help with answering your question but try not to worry to much! Maybe your date is way off or maybe baby is going to be a big one. The main thing is that you and baby are healthy! Stay positive:)
  • Loading the player...
  • What are they measuring your belly? If so don't worry about it
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

Fundal height (the top of the uterus). Around 20 weeks or so, for every inch above your pelvic bones, it's equal to one week... so 32 inches would be 32 weeks...
    Fundal height (the top of the uterus). Around 20 weeks or so, for every inch above your pelvic bones, it's equal to one week... so 32 inches would be 32 weeks...
    Centimeters. Not inches. ;)

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

Centimeters. Not inches. ;)
    I understand that but everyone carries differently. For example, I always was small and measured small on the out side but my babies were always on track for growth.
    I'm not a fan of the measuring tape. I think it just gives moms a new worry esp. FTM.
    1st loss 8/31
    2nd pregnancy -TWINS lost DD1 twin at 8 weeks 6 days DD1 born 6 weeks early
    3rd pregnancy- TWINS AGAIN lost both babies at 9 week appt
    4th pregnancy- singleton- born at 38 weeks 1 day with the help of weekly 17P injections
    5th pregnancy- CP in June
    6th pregnancy It's a BOY

• edited November 2013
    Well i went to the doctor the other day, and he said that my uterus was high..not sure what the means...but with babies, its kind of hard to tell...i will give you a story...i had GD with my son who is now 11, and they were saying oh my...he;s going to be a big baby...they induced me 2 weeks early for this so called big baby, who was only 6 pounds 11 ounces....dont get too worked up...maybe your dates are off, or maybe he could be a big baby....maybe maybe maybe....and maybe is not a clear answer..but good luck..just think happy , and healthy baby..oh, and not sure what he meant about my high uterus, but im not concerned...just want her out
    Mom of 4 plus one more!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"