TTC After a Loss
Options

XP: Anyone eat low carb?

So I recently found an article about how eating low carb and high protein helps with egg quality for IVF (I'm assuming it would help for non-IVF as well). I eat a lot of carbs, it's ridiculous. Normally I have a fruit smoothie in the morning, some cereal for a snack, a sandwich for lunch, granola bar for another snack, and then whatever for dinner (which typically contains carbs). I am not a veggie person at all, never have been (which sucks, I wish I could stomach them more) so I get them when I can mix them up into other food.

Looking at the food in my house, EVERYTHING has a ton of carbs-- even PB and Yogurt.

Does anyone eat a high protein and/or low carb diet that would be willing to share examples of what you eat?

TTC since April 2012

BFP #1, 10/03/2012 - EDD 6/15/2013 - MMC 11/15/2012 - D&C 01/04/2013

BFP #2, 04/06/2013 - EDD 12/17/2013 - MC 04/19/2013

6/12/2013 Diagnosed with Balanced Translocation (12 & 16)

IVF #1 with PGS: 10/2013: Canceled 9/27/2013 for issues with genetic lab

IVF #1.5 with PGS: 11/16/2013: Canceled. 11 eggs retrieved, 9 mature & 9 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #2: 1/22/14: Canceled. 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 7 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

IVF #3 with PGS: 5/10/2014: Switched to FET in July. 10 eggs retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 healthy embryos!

FET #1: 7/31/2014: Transferred 2 nearly perfect (6AA, 6BA) healthy embryos- BFFN

Laproscopy: 10/2014: Healthy uterus

IVF #4: 12/8/2014: Canceled. 17 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 10 fertilized, all unhealthy embryos

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Everyone welcome on my posts

Re: XP: Anyone eat low carb?

• Options
    Spaghetti squash! Dh doesn't like the squash texture, but it's one of my fav meals, even not doing low carb!

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    I learned to like cauliflower...I hated it before, now I like it better than broccoli.

Also take some deli-sliced ham, wrap 2 or 3 pieces around a bundle of 2-3 asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil & garlic powder, bake for 15-20mins=awesome snack.

image    image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eggs!! I made a lot of egg recipes.

Quiche, muffins, whatever!

image    image

• Options
    Me me me! I've amassed a whole lot of recipes, websites, etc. and would be glad to share. I keep lots of this in Dropbox and I think I can share a link to that so you could download what you'd like. Just pm me your email address and I can hook you up.

Some good low carb 'tricks':

- find a sweetener you like, try to avoid added sugar as ingredients in processed foods

- you can substitute cauliflower, turnips, or zucchini for potatoes in lots of recipes. I make a wicked potato salad with cauli in place of potatoes, and have used shredded turnip or zucchini in place of potato in things such as fried potato patties, hash brown mixes, etc. I've also made mashed cauli and turnip instead of mashed potatoes

- spaghetti squash is a great sub for pasta and works great as noodles in soup, casseroles, etc.

- I always make sugar free jello to keep in the fridge, whenever I feel the need for a sweet treat I have some jello instead of something baked and carby

- if you check out the Somersizing way of eating when googling recipes, which is largely what I do, you'll find lots of great low carb options. Just look at the Pro-fats recipes/meals, not the carb meals. I don't do the carb meals and try to go exclusively with protein, veggies, and fruits. If you want a good book, try Suzanne Somers' Fast & Easy

- try to stay away from high starch veggies and fruits like bananas, carrots, potatoes.

- just because it says gluten free doesn't mean it's carb or sugar free, often it's worse because there's fillers of some sort to make up for the traditional gluten ingredients. Try to stick to eating fresh and/or whole foods rather than processed.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"