January 2014 Moms

AW: Friend is doing maternity pics!!

cpm1223cpm1223 member
edited November 2013 in January 2014 Moms

I've been searching for a photographer around where we live to do a maternity session with me/us within the next few weeks and I've had NO luck at all.

I FB messaged a friend, who I actually met on TB back in January when we were both going through a m/c. She happens to live in the next town over (small world huh?!) and she's pregnant and due in December. I was asking if she knew anyone who did maternity pics and she said that she could do them! She hasn't really done them before, but she's done some other pro-ish pics (she was a photographer for her friends wedding and the pics she posts on FB are amazing) and she said she'd be happy to take some for me!

I'm thrilled! I really didn't want to go crazy with paying $500+ for a maternity session (that's the "norm" around here) I jut wanted something to remember this time in my life. I know she'll take a ton of pics and it'll be a fun photo shoot.

I've started searching in Pinterest for some inspiration/ideas.

Does anyone who has had maternity pics done before, have a top #1 must have pic they'd like to share??

Also, I'd like to give my friend something as a thank you for doing this since she's technically not charging me...so since she's also pregnant should I do a BRU gc, money, something else?

Missing Our July Sparkler
BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

Re: AW: Friend is doing maternity pics!!

• I would've loved to do your mat pics. We only charge $100 for our sessions (about an hour including flash drive with all edited digi negatives). We just did a mat shoot last Saturday and this is my favourite

• That maternity shot that's all over pintrest where that super model in PJ's looks comfy as hell is my dream but I know I could never execute it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Loading the player...
  • @MarBee1214 could you play with the contrast on some of the pics you did get to get that same effect? I am sure those images are a bit digitally enhanced

@cpm1223 - congrats on finding a photog! I am going with an amateur who is looking to gain experience - she has nice shots on FB and I couldn't pass up paying $100 for both mat and newborn pics! 

However I'm a bit of a weirdo, I already said I hate bare belly pics, pics where there are hands over the belly in the shape of a heart, where the dad is at belly level, where everyone is touching the belly - the belly will be huge and a focal point without me calling more attention to it! So I have been looking up shoots in the park with furbabies involved instead, for more of a "last family photo shoot as 3 instead of 4" rather than any of the more typical mat ones

• @alinafed you and I have the same feelings about maternity photos! These are some of my favs so far:

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• @cpm1223 I love those pics! We do have the same style. These are the ones I sent to my photog because I love how the puppy was incorporated

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"